ADVERTISEMENT

Long piece by Zagoria on Kuminga

It really makes no sense for kids like Kuminga or Banchero to not reclass if they are old enough to go pro one year after college. Both will I suspect . Bet we add Banchero and one of those lesser schools in his top 10 add Kuminga like Michigan or Auburn ect . Some place he can be a much bigger fish in a smaller pond but still be on national TV 20 times a year.

It really makes no sense for kids like Kuminga or Banchero to not reclass if they are old enough to go pro one year after college. Both will I suspect . Bet we add Banchero and one of those lesser schools in his top 10 add Kuminga like Michigan or Auburn ect . Some place he can be a much bigger fish in a smaller pond but still be on national TV 20 times a year.

I'm a lil higher on Banchero than Kuminga. I just wonder how much fun high school ball would be for Banchero next yr when he is even better, lil bigger, lil stronger, etc etc......he already dominates

Reactions: RunninRichie
I'm a lil higher on Banchero than Kuminga. I just wonder how much fun high school ball would be for Banchero next yr when he is even better, lil bigger, lil stronger, etc etc......he already dominates
Really like Banchero's versatility as well. Both prospects are sure fire one and done's, but if we could pick one of the two to add to next year's class, with the pieces we already have coming in, give me Paolo. Updated highlights of his junior year below:

Higher on the big because he’s more skilled. Kuminga could be in the Alex P/Nassir Little mold. Great body and athleticism which hides that his skill level is behind other wings

Reactions: RunninRichie
Really like Banchero's versatility as well. Both prospects are sure fire one and done's, but if we could pick one of the two to add to next year's class, with the pieces we already have coming in, give me Paolo. Updated highlights of his junior year below:

Ohh absolutely. Well said

An article I read on Banchero said he was young for his class . He is also quoted as saying he wanted to enjoy his senior year , go to the prom , and have another year being a kid with his family . Sounds like a unique kid to me . He also said he wished people would just stop asking about reclassifying because it wasn't going to happen .

This is what all the people who are paid to keep up with recruiting have said all along re: Banchero. Yet, the homer of all homers, Cane knows he's coming to Kentucky this year.

An article I read on Banchero said he was young for his class . He is also quoted as saying he wanted to enjoy his senior year , go to the prom , and have another year being a kid with his family . Sounds like a unique kid to me . He also said he wished people would just stop asking about reclassifying because it wasn't going to happen .

If Auburn winds up with Cooper, Green, and Kuminga that is every bit as good as Askew, Boston, and Clarke. Probably slightly better. Not sure how their frontcourt is shaping up, but that would be a nasty lineup for Bruce Pearl.

Reactions: TFCats11
Mabe they don't re-class because they actually like to go to High School. You have to grow up soon enough in life. without speeding things up. The money will still be there 2 years from now or 4 years from now, so why not enjoy your high school years.

Mabe they don't re-class because they actually like to go to High School. You have to grow up soon enough in life. without speeding things up. The money will still be there 2 years from now or 4 years from now, so why not enjoy your high school years.
It’s called injuries that could end your playing days. Also, this is the now generation. They want it all and they want it now. Kids don’t think the way us old farts were brought up to think.

Reactions: Sithlyone
It’s called injuries that could end your playing days. Also, this is the now generation. They want it all and they want it now. Kids don’t think the way us old farts were brought up to think.
When was the last time a basketball superstar high school or college player had a career ending injury ? I don't remember one.

It's not about a career ending injury in HS. It's about how those injuries pile up.

The generational wealth comes from the 2nd and and 3rd contracts. You gotta take a lot of abuse to get that far. Not to mention that you gotta have talent.

So the sooner they get to the league the sooner they get to those massive deals before their bodies give out.

For every player that makes it there's probably 100 that dont. For various reasons, but one of those reasons is health. Their bodies just dont allow them to play at that high level anymore.

And the kicker is, nobody knows if they will be the one bitten by the injury bug. That's why you go as soon as possible.

Would love to see him here, but this guy has NBA written all over him; IF, the one and done rule goes by the wayside.

Guys please relax and hold back on any sort of rumors/innuendo as to where he may end up until Dave kersey checks in on his recruitment. Until said time everything is just PURE speculation.

i didn’t realize what a good passer this kid is. He’s got some Bron in his game. Just does everything well.

Guys please relax and hold back on any sort of rumors/innuendo as to where he may end up until Dave kersey checks in on his recruitment. Until said time everything is just PURE speculation.
Why don’t you give it a break? Dig dig dig close to stalking. Makes you look like a fool.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Higher on the big because he’s more skilled. Kuminga could be in the Alex P/Nassir Little mold. Great body and athleticism which hides that his skill level is behind other wings[/QUOTE

Lol Kuminga and Alex poythress in the same sentence is funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT