ADVERTISEMENT

Listen

wfm101981

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 4, 2018
I've been pissed about our teams last few years but this game I felt was a victory even with a loss. If we had one of our bigs to help with hunter we win. We were up 14 and went cold. This team is going to be very very good and guard play wins tournament games plain n simple. Wagner got no stroke at all hurts to watch. He gotta stay in the gym and host 500 3s a night plain n simple. We need an offensive type of coach to take the reigns off cal though. Too much driving to traffic. . He has a team that can compete and with someone like bielein.. for example as offensive coach this team can win it all. Just sayn.

I've been pissed about our teams last few years but this game I felt was a victory even with a loss. If we had one of our bigs to help with hunter we win. We were up 14 and went cold. This team is going to be very very good and guard play wins tournament games plain n simple. Wagner got no stroke at all hurts to watch. He gotta stay in the gym and host 500 3s a night plain n simple. We need an offensive type of coach to take the reigns off cal though. Too much driving to traffic. . He has a team that can compete and with someone like bielein.. for example as offensive coach this team can win it all. Just sayn.
We didn't need one of our bigs to win tonight. All we needed was our point guard to play like a good team player does. Wagner couldn't handle the fact that Dilly was out playing him on national tv, so he started jacking up bad shots and missing layups in an attempt to match Dilly's production.

Nah. Cal can't coach let alone adjust. HD can shoot, we lose drivers/shooters for a frosh big that has to guard the perimeter. Self would eat that up.

Reactions: KFuqua
I said if we lost by less than 10 I wouldn't be disappointed. I slightly lied. We should've won that game.

Instead of being excited now I'm back to going "Maybe....." Once again, we're at wait and see.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Optimism not allowed. Get the F*** out.
I'm optimistic about the talent we have. But after watching Cal make the same dumbass personnel decisions that have cost us year after year, I can't help but be pessimistic about the overall picture. Regardless of the talent, Cal is still pulling the strings, and I don't see an Anthony Davis-level transcendent talent on this roster to overcome his bullheaded incompetence.

Look frankly I dgas. All we do is lose; and shut we’ve always dominated Kansas until now. It’s a damn joke how much the guy loses. I’ve always thought he turned loser but hell he’s worse than that

Reactions: NociHTTP
Did anyone see Draymond choke a player?. Cops get fired for that move these days. I’d love to see that guy out of the league!

I guess it is normal to find teams with inferior roster ranked number one. Obviously, KU doesn't have an inferior roster. Lol.
Perhaps, but I'd be interested to see them play under a coach that could use them correctly, game plan around them, and help them to adjust.
Certainly, there will be more kids from our team that will be in the NBA then there are at KU currently.

Perhaps, but I'd be interested to see them play under a coach that could use them correctly, game plan around them, and help them to adjust.
Certainly, there will be more kids from our team that will be in the NBA then there are at KU currently.
I am certainly not suggesting that Cal is a good coach. I am just saying that Self was gifted a victory tonight that had little to do with great coaching from him.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
I am certainly not suggesting that Cal is a good coach. I am just saying that Self was gifted a victory tonight that had little to do with great coaching from him.
Really? Because, while we were wildly throwing threes early in the shot clock, they were running plays to get layups and dunks at the end. That is the epitome of coaching.
I'm not even saying Self is a great coach, but Cal certainly isn't.

Reactions: SmorgusKilos96er
Really? Because, while we were wildly throwing threes early in the shot clock, they were running plays to get layups and dunks at the end. That is the epitome of coaching.
I'm not even saying Self is a great coach, but Cal certainly isn't.
Every coach at any Boys and Girls club would have thrown the ball down low if they had superior size. There is nothing about that that should suggest great coaching. One could argue that Cal out coached Self in order to play with the lead for nearly 90% of the game when we had no one on the court to match their size. I dislike Cal as much as anyone but to suggest that Self out coached him tonight is laughable.

Every coach at any Boys and Girls club would have thrown the ball down low if they had superior size. There is nothing about that that should suggest great coaching. One could argue that Cal out coached Self in order to play with the lead for nearly 90% of the game when we had no one on the court to match their size. I dislike Cal as much as anyone but to suggest that Self out coached him tonight is laughable.

Well I think you could give a bunch of coaches that UK team in that game and they win it going away. As a matter of fact I’m pretty sure they would. Calipari is a really bad floor coach. The worst I’ve ever seen at a blue blood university that’s been employed 5+ years.

At the end of the day it’s a loss. Again. Just mounting losses. They guy is eroding our dominance away and I’m not sure we’ll ever fully get it back. We need a home run hire to clean up his mess. And he needs to leave today.

I'm optimistic about the talent we have. But after watching Cal make the same dumbass personnel decisions that have cost us year after year, I can't help but be pessimistic about the overall picture. Regardless of the talent, Cal is still pulling the strings, and I don't see an Anthony Davis-level transcendent talent on this roster to overcome his bullheaded incompetence.
That's more like it

Reactions: phyrekat
unable to watch the game last night, but sounds like a rerun of the last 5 or 6 years - play from ahead to lose.
at the end of the game, again sound like typical ccc non coaching ability. By the end of the year, Kansas will again have the total wins lead.

We have 21 1/2 feet of big man on the bench and now one inch of it has suited up to date. Hopefully that will change but it's frustrating night after night to see that. It seems when wagner makes up his mind to shoot, he is going to shoot come hell or high water.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT