ADVERTISEMENT

Listen up bro's

One good thing about this is, I think he sold those recruits on that being his last year. That's a lot of publicity and a strong message to sell. It would make sense.

But he's a liar, he will keep doing it at least a year or two past that. I bet the next three classes are told they are his last year.

But Dukes basketball team has always been viewed as 50% white. Your logic doesn't make sense, because as you say, everything breaks down to race to a black person. Oh, and Coach K is a republican. Well known actually, Cal is liberal. I figured in your view the ideologies would matter. Wake me up next time coach K promotes anything to do with BLM or social causes. He's a Bob Knight disciple. Get real.

Parents wont put their kids through what? Promotion of their kids careers, being Gods on campus, having a whole state help promote your brand? What?

You are a soft bigot. I think you're a good guy probably, and don't know it, but you are. Black people understand just like white people that racist and trash are on all sides. Everyday people don't base decisions like this off of that. White elites make you feel this way, not black people I know.

How am I soft bigot. Ive been to Durham, Raleigh area countless times. The population demographics speak for themselves. Don't shoot the messenger.
Thinking since Lincoln was born in KY gives the state a pass, enough said.
Things have changed around the country if you haven't noticed. To simply dismiss something because you don't believe it is rather egotistical. Culture matters now, who knows who Cal or Rat voted for, it's appearances. If you don't think Capel and crew wont use anything to their advantage. If you haven't been around African American males aged 14 to 20, you don't know what they are thinking and how they view today's world. Look around you, Duke is a liberal arts school, with the faculty to mimic said ideals.
Think, don't call people names, because you don't understand, I hold all individual to same metric, I believe everyone can overcome any obstacles ahead of them

to suggest and believe uk has more to offer than duke is completely absurd. and a big part of the probably right now. fans are demented.

the only think uk has going for it is Cal.

Reactions: JC43
One of your last points...Cal needs our support he has
First let's let go of the Calipari hot seat talk. There are only a handful of coaches today who can coach here, most of those are already at blue bloods or programs they aren't leaving. Anyone we hired would be a risk at this point, Cal is still one of the only sure bets. 8 years, 4 final fours, title. At the end of the day it is what it is. I think everyone should cool it on that and think. We aren't there yet.

This board has had this coming. For over two years there have been posters trying to say exactly what we are witnessing. I'm no insider, but I was hearing Cal is having trouble with these recruits for a while, and that was coming from the AAU circuit where I'm from. I am friends with a few coaches and participated on the circuit in a small role in the late 2000's. Not one are surprised with our position as of this morning.

Kentucky's gamble backfired, and for those that think these players do not care about college and winning, you just got your first shot to the gut. Not every recruit will look past success (Bamba), and it doesn't matter how good they are. Real winners want to win regardless of anything else. K is selling that, Kentucky is selling the Lakers. When it was evident that pitch was no longer working, we turned to insanity. Just keep doing it.

Kentucky has more to offer than Duke, we have an entire state behind our program with vast resources and connections that is much deeper with a richer and older tradition. Why Cal decided he didn't need to use that, I don't know. We have promoted a very self centered environment and it's turned people off. Kids leave when they have no business leaving, our roster thinned out, top kids that wanted to win and be a part of something special didn't see it at UK. Others like Kennard were afraid they'd be pushed out early. We need a slight culture change, at least curve it.

I know it's hard for some to swallow that, we've got several who just simply couldn't comprehend a world where a kid would choose another option other than money and individual greed. They can both work together, equally. Just like skilled basketball players and talent. They can work together equally. Cal went all in toward one direction. Big mistake.

Recruit to UK, explain the history and what you want to accomplish for the program, they already know you won't hold them back if they're ready. The 20189 class wanted to win, they didn't need Cal to get them to the NBA. And if that's not important, Cal is useless compared to others right now. He spends little time recruiting "UK".

Nike is a huge problem, and again some have been expressing this for sometime. Our assistants have to go, or at least a total shakeup. I'm now on board with Barbee's exit. He cannot handle his position. Also It's my personal opinion that our compliance is and has been a problem. But that's a topic for another day.

Calipari is more than capable of becoming a college coach again, and I do say again because think he quit doing that when he came to Kentucky (somewhat). Cal was excellent at evaluation, and I think it's evident at this point that he's stopped evaluating as he once did. Throw away the top 25 rankings, pick up a note pad, and get out there recruiting. You can still sign top players.

I've people I consider friends on this board, and Im telling you guys, fans care more about the program than Cals record. They are beginning to look past the accomplishments because they feel that Kentucky has become an afterthought and that the program is becoming disrespected. There is a reason the fans appreciate and remember 1992 more than championship teams. I sometimes think Cal doesn't understand that, and I think a minority of our fans don't either.

Cal can get this right. He has a legacy at UK with a winning record to recruit with. Start recruiting Calipari, Kentucky, and family as much as the next level; the next level is just the next goal. Talk about the goal they are chasing today, college basketball.

That's what I got. I love Calipari and feel terrible for him right now. He needs our support more than he's ever needed it. I'm sure he's pissed at several issues surrounding the past few years, probably more than us. All great coaches ADJUST. All great coaches had bad stretches and made changes. If Cal is who we think he is, a GOAT, he will follow suit.

I don't think I've stopped drinking since yesterday at 5.
Totally agree especially last point Cal has given us a lot we need to get his back until he can work through this.

That's the problem with racism, the ones perpetuating never realize they are doing it. If you don't remember when Tubby was run out of town. Times have changed, the culture of America is changing too. Durham's population is 38% African American. People don't forget racial sleights, especially now a days, I sorry if this is a negative view, nothing I've stated is false.
I'm not a libtard, social justice crusader, I am trying to view it from all sides.
Parents won't put their kids thru that. Sad thing is UK is a well represented, a melting pot...when you read the msg boards or listen to local radio, you'd think we were in 1950's still
All well and good but also not a part of the discussion.

to suggest and believe uk has more to offer than duke is completely absurd. and a big part of the probably right now. fans are demented.

the only think uk has going for it is Cal.
I think I part that is why Tubby struggled to recruit besides being lazy. Player came because of Cal. Players go to NBA because of Cal....but suddenly the flow of players is slowing down....has the Cal-effect worn Off?

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I think I part that is why Tubby struggled to recruit besides being lazy. Player came because of Cal. Players go to NBA because of Cal....but suddenly the flow of players is slowing down....has the Cal-effect worn Off?

no. just more coaches are doing it too. when Cal got here, Duke was recruiting guys like ryan kelly. now they dont care about guys like duval, etc. duke has always been #1.

On the bright side, K is old, he isn't doing this much longer. Then Duke can go back to relative obscurity. They won't come close to replacing K.

At one point, people said that about UK. At this point, do you not think that Duke, UNC, Kansas or Kentucky will get the best available coach out there? Your notion is just wishful thinking. Sorry.

I love Cal. I want him hear for as long as he wants to be here. In my opinion, Cal really made two mistakes that have led to this board melting down. Now, I will say that Cal did not intentionally make these mistakes, and these mistakes shouldn't warrant discussion of him being out - that's just crazy.

The two mistakes:
1. Not stopping the 3 point barrage at West Virginia in 2010 and going to the post repeatedly.
2. Slowing down the pace in 2015; so much so that he stalled our offense and let Wisky have a shot to win (bad reds asde, as i know and remember what happened there).

If Cal doesn't make those two coaching mistakes, we probably win two titles, Duke does not. Not only that, we probably beat Duke to win those titles, effecting kicking K in the teeth.

If we win those two titles, as well as the one in 2012 - Cal would be the only coach dominating the recruiting world and we wouldn't be having these discussions today.

By the way - I think we are just fine, we will still be fine moving forward. Just a cycle. I believe we can still make a run this year; we were a luck shot from a final four last year. We good, Cal good. All good.

I love Cal. I want him hear for as long as he wants to be here. In my opinion, Cal really made two mistakes that have led to this board melting down. Now, I will say that Cal did not intentionally make these mistakes, and these mistakes shouldn't warrant discussion of him being out - that's just crazy.

The two mistakes:
1. Not stopping the 3 point barrage at West Virginia in 2010 and going to the post repeatedly.
2. Slowing down the pace in 2015; so much so that he stalled our offense and let Wisky have a shot to win (bad reds asde, as i know and remember what happened there).

If Cal doesn't make those two coaching mistakes, we probably win two titles, Duke does not. Not only that, we probably beat Duke to win those titles, effecting kicking K in the teeth.

If we win those two titles, as well as the one in 2012 - Cal would be the only coach dominating the recruiting world and we wouldn't be having these discussions today.

By the way - I think we are just fine, we will still be fine moving forward. Just a cycle. I believe we can still make a run this year; we were a luck shot from a final four last year. We good, Cal good. All good.
I think we could all stomach a Down year and Duke having recruiting success if we had won 1-2 more titles when we were loaded....hence the frustration because the horizon looks dark

First let's let go of the Calipari hot seat talk. There are only a handful of coaches today who can coach here, most of those are already at blue bloods or programs they aren't leaving. Anyone we hired would be a risk at this point, Cal is still one of the only sure bets. 8 years, 4 final fours, title. At the end of the day it is what it is. I think everyone should cool it on that and think. We aren't there yet.

This board has had this coming. For over two years there have been posters trying to say exactly what we are witnessing. I'm no insider, but I was hearing Cal is having trouble with these recruits for a while, and that was coming from the AAU circuit where I'm from. I am friends with a few coaches and participated on the circuit in a small role in the late 2000's. Not one are surprised with our position as of this morning.

Kentucky's gamble backfired, and for those that think these players do not care about college and winning, you just got your first shot to the gut. Not every recruit will look past success (Bamba), and it doesn't matter how good they are. Real winners want to win regardless of anything else. K is selling that, Kentucky is selling the Lakers. When it was evident that pitch was no longer working, we turned to insanity. Just keep doing it.

Kentucky has more to offer than Duke, we have an entire state behind our program with vast resources and connections that is much deeper with a richer and older tradition. Why Cal decided he didn't need to use that, I don't know. We have promoted a very self centered environment and it's turned people off. Kids leave when they have no business leaving, our roster thinned out, top kids that wanted to win and be a part of something special didn't see it at UK. Others like Kennard were afraid they'd be pushed out early. We need a slight culture change, at least curve it.

I know it's hard for some to swallow that, we've got several who just simply couldn't comprehend a world where a kid would choose another option other than money and individual greed. They can both work together, equally. Just like skilled basketball players and talent. They can work together equally. Cal went all in toward one direction. Big mistake.

Recruit to UK, explain the history and what you want to accomplish for the program, they already know you won't hold them back if they're ready. The 20189 class wanted to win, they didn't need Cal to get them to the NBA. And if that's not important, Cal is useless compared to others right now. He spends little time recruiting "UK".

Nike is a huge problem, and again some have been expressing this for sometime. Our assistants have to go, or at least a total shakeup. I'm now on board with Barbee's exit. He cannot handle his position. Also It's my personal opinion that our compliance is and has been a problem. But that's a topic for another day.

Calipari is more than capable of becoming a college coach again, and I do say again because think he quit doing that when he came to Kentucky (somewhat). Cal was excellent at evaluation, and I think it's evident at this point that he's stopped evaluating as he once did. Throw away the top 25 rankings, pick up a note pad, and get out there recruiting. You can still sign top players.

I've people I consider friends on this board, and Im telling you guys, fans care more about the program than Cals record. They are beginning to look past the accomplishments because they feel that Kentucky has become an afterthought and that the program is becoming disrespected. There is a reason the fans appreciate and remember 1992 more than championship teams. I sometimes think Cal doesn't understand that, and I think a minority of our fans don't either.

Cal can get this right. He has a legacy at UK with a winning record to recruit with. Start recruiting Calipari, Kentucky, and family as much as the next level; the next level is just the next goal. Talk about the goal they are chasing today, college basketball.

That's what I got. I love Calipari and feel terrible for him right now. He needs our support more than he's ever needed it. I'm sure he's pissed at several issues surrounding the past few years, probably more than us. All great coaches ADJUST. All great coaches had bad stretches and made changes. If Cal is who we think he is, a GOAT, he will follow suit.

Exactly 100% correct. Cal knows how to coach; he's proven that at UMASS where he built the program into a national contender and at Memphis where he resurrected their program. Recruiting is a cyclic event that is ever revolving and Cal will adjust. There's not another coach out there that could handle the scrutiny and expectations at this point in history.

Reactions: morgousky
Absolutely spot on, best overview I’ve read kudos to you sir you are speaking for the majority

Great post

The recent coup of recruits going to pUKe is Capel...he is more relatable to this recent group of Kids. Face it, UK has a huge negative, fanbase. Parents of these kids want two things, security and success.
A lot of these kid's parents are savvy and tech friendly. Our fans still live in the past while the rest of the country is up to date.
Recent snafus reveal a very small part of our fanbase, but their actions speak louder than our collective cheers.
This is a program that Rupp built. As great as he was, he still have some negatively associated with him. Our fanbase cannibalized one of our own, Ashley Judd. The remarks that were made about her we're not only horrible, racist, and downright sexist. For a lot of these parents who are aware of social justice as well as being apart of said movements, we still have a fanbase that proudly stands by Confederate flags. People may say that parents, recruits never check out the msg boards but if my child's future is involved...
I've been coming to this site for years, it's steadily progressed to one of negativity. Everyday in posts you see language that is questionable, use of monikers in place of racist terms, ie thugs..and now shitholes. Is a perfect example.
The most telling response from ZION, was 'joining a Brotherhood'...if you can't see what that really says, well, I see now what Capel is doing behind closed doors.
Food for thought. This is taking into events in the past year and the current state of America.

That's the problem with racism, the ones perpetuating never realize they are doing it. If you don't remember when Tubby was run out of town. Times have changed, the culture of America is changing too. Durham's population is 38% African American. People don't forget racial sleights, especially now a days, I sorry if this is a negative view, nothing I've stated is false.
I'm not a libtard, social justice crusader, I am trying to view it from all sides.
Parents won't put their kids thru that. Sad thing is UK is a well represented, a melting pot...when you read the msg boards or listen to local radio, you'd think we were in 1950's still

How am I soft bigot. Ive been to Durham, Raleigh area countless times. The population demographics speak for themselves. Don't shoot the messenger.
Thinking since Lincoln was born in KY gives the state a pass, enough said.
Things have changed around the country if you haven't noticed. To simply dismiss something because you don't believe it is rather egotistical. Culture matters now, who knows who Cal or Rat voted for, it's appearances. If you don't think Capel and crew wont use anything to their advantage. If you haven't been around African American males aged 14 to 20, you don't know what they are thinking and how they view today's world. Look around you, Duke is a liberal arts school, with the faculty to mimic said ideals.
Think, don't call people names, because you don't understand, I hold all individual to same metric, I believe everyone can overcome any obstacles ahead of them

If we were all left wing liberals supporting Ashley while wearing our pussy hats UK basketball would be in much better shape. Got it.

I agree with a lot of the OP, but I do think Cal pushes UK. Look at his past speeches at BBM. They are full of references to our history and records.
Feel like he does this for the fans benefit. I'm sure the kids hear a much different pitch when he is trying to make them feel special and giving the them the fast track to their dreams.

Exactly 100% correct. Cal knows how to coach; he's proven that at UMASS where he built the program into a national contender and at Memphis where he resurrected their program. Recruiting is a cyclic event that is ever revolving and Cal will adjust. There's not another coach out there that could handle the scrutiny and expectations at this point in history.
He is proud and arrogant most likely you are right. He will not be out done.

Excellent post. I’m still behind Cal 110%. And I also feel for him as well. He’s busted his ass to get this program where it is today. It’s just time to scrap the old system, and start over fresh. Starting with some new assistants.

I wish every negative idiot would read this post. This is a rational thought that has reason to it. It lays out changes that could help us. We need to promote La Famalia as a whole, while on campus and in the pros. We need new recruiters, we need to adjust our style and have some returning players from each class. Thank you for this post Bro.

Id like to know in your opinion, what you see wrong with our compliance?

The recent coup of recruits going to pUKe is Capel...he is more relatable to this recent group of Kids. Face it, UK has a huge negative, fanbase. Parents of these kids want two things, security and success.
A lot of these kid's parents are savvy and tech friendly. Our fans still live in the past while the rest of the country is up to date.
Recent snafus reveal a very small part of our fanbase, but their actions speak louder than our collective cheers.
This is a program that Rupp built. As great as he was, he still have some negatively associated with him. Our fanbase cannibalized one of our own, Ashley Judd. The remarks that were made about her we're not only horrible, racist, and downright sexist. For a lot of these parents who are aware of social justice as well as being apart of said movements, we still have a fanbase that proudly stands by Confederate flags. People may say that parents, recruits never check out the msg boards but if my child's future is involved...
I've been coming to this site for years, it's steadily progressed to one of negativity. Everyday in posts you see language that is questionable, use of monikers in place of racist terms, ie thugs..and now shitholes. Is a perfect example.
The most telling response from ZION, was 'joining a Brotherhood'...if you can't see what that really says, well, I see now what Capel is doing behind closed doors.
Food for thought. This is taking into events in the past year and the current state of America.

Id rather lose a few recruits than ever support Ashley Judd. How many wins is she responsible for? None that's right.

Duke is full of snakes, and K is the true evil pos in the sport. He doesn't care about anyone, only himself. He uses any tactics necessary, there's always one sociopath who wins in sports, he's the one. There's no telling what the man did. Capel is his pet demon who uses dirt.

Bad guys finish first sometimes, it's true.
I think you are hopped up on hyperbole.

Duke ranks No. 9, nationally, in U. S. News & World Report's rankings of Best Colleges and Universities. U.K. ranks No. 133 on the same list.

Some kids and their families really care a lot about that.

Just sayin'.

[eyeroll]

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Duke ranks No. 9, nationally, in U. S. News & World Report's rankings of Best Colleges and Universities. U.K. ranks No. 133 on the same list.

Some kids and their families really care a lot about that.

Just sayin'.
Exactly. How can you blame a family for wanting their kid to go to Harvard or Yale or Duke. Some of our fans are delusional.

Seriously, I always wondered how Duke got some of these players eligible with the high academic standards the university has. I know that Notre Dame had problems with the same issues regarding academics.

Reactions: Blueaz
Nailed it. Calipari needs to do what he was hired to do...win basketball games/championships at UK. On the surface he's done that but he's slipped in recent years, time to turn that around. As for the staff, keep KP and dump the rest.

Agree with this post and especially the staff portion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT