ADVERTISEMENT

List of replacements for AD

jeffky

Sophomore
Sep 22, 2017
Tim couch want happen but that's my pick
Mitch Barnhart needs the pink slip too what a mess
Football and basketball

Pat Riley. May be old. Wouldn’t come but he is the prototype for the job. Issel maybe. Couch idk. Football is a black hole and they need resources to be a 6-7 win team in the sec but that’s their ceiling. BB is our flagship program and it’s broke so we need a bb guy imo. Someone inside the family. No more non kentuckians they don’t get it

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Pat Riley. May be old. Wouldn’t come but he is the prototype for the job. Issel maybe. Couch idk. Football is a black hole and they need resources to be a 6-7 win team in the sec but that’s their ceiling. BB is our flagship program and it’s broke so we need a bb guy imo. Someone inside the family. No more non kentuckians they don’t get it
Have to be careful with “in family hires”. Could work out great or could be horrible. I mean would you want Holtmann here? Dude is from Kentucky and I wouldn’t want him near this program. Hell, he’s too close in Columbus as is.

Have to be careful with “in family hires”. Could work out great or could be horrible. I mean would you want Holtmann here? Dude is from Kentucky and I wouldn’t want him near this program. Hell, he’s too close in Columbus as is.
Holtmann isn’t “in the family”. He has zero ties to UK. And he’s not qualified to be anyone’s AD. Nope I contend Mitch having no ties to UK as an incoming AD has led to this debacle in bb because he never understood the tradition. CM was from in the family and lit our program back to life. it’s the same principle of not winning titles without Kentucky guys on the team. It doesn’t happen. The intrinsic motivation isn’t there. UK our athletics in general has done a terrible job of grooming Kentucky guys whether it’s at the coaching level or broadcasting we need more folks who bleed blue involved in our programs. We don’t have to have a former UK guy as coach we need him or her in the AD office. It’s gonna take a guy driven and with a vision like CM to bring us back. You’re not going to get the AD from hypothetical Arizona to come on and understand UK tradition. When we outsourced the AD job that was a killer

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
Holtmann isn’t “in the family”. He has zero ties to UK. And he’s not qualified to be anyone’s AD. Nope I contend Mitch having no ties to UK as an incoming AD has led to this debacle in bb because he never understood the tradition. CM was from in the family and lit our program back to life. it’s the same principle of not winning titles without Kentucky guys on the team. It doesn’t happen. The intrinsic motivation isn’t there. UK our athletics in general has done a terrible job of grooming Kentucky guys whether it’s at the coaching level or broadcasting we need more folks who bleed blue involved in our programs. We don’t have to have a former UK guy as coach we need him or her in the AD office. It’s gonna take a guy driven and with a vision like CM to bring us back. You’re not going to get the AD from hypothetical Arizona to come on and understand UK tradition. When we outsourced the AD job that was a killer
Just saying. It often times doesn’t work out. It can but the world has changed like it or not.

Couch was a all star in Basketball too averaged about 30 a game Kentucky icon and like you I agree kentuckians need to be in charge

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Couch was a all star in Basketball too averaged about 30 a game Kentucky icon and like you I agree kentuckians need to be in charge
I’m torn on couch he may be a massive shot in the arm and bring in a former bb player as assistant AD. I don’t know what experience he’d bring but if we hired him I’d be much happier than with Barney

Really anybody, hell this guy could do better.
Muppet Shrinking GIF

That’s all Dewayne did…baby sat Cal. There is a reason it took Peevy years to get his own gig. He is not the one for UK
Just saying. He was good at managing egos and getting people to talk. Ada have to be good people managers as well.

And Mitch having the personality of a wet sock hasn’t helped us at all.

I don't know enough current ADs to have a name. But someone on the younger side who understands a bit better of where college athletics, specifically the money making programs, are heading.

Another avenue.. hire the current president of the NCAA. DOn't even care about his credentials. He will still have so much clout and pull that it will bleed over into UK. We could give out bagels WITH cream cheese and never have to worry

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT