ADVERTISEMENT

Liam Mcneeley

If he watched that press conference it's possible. Otherwise I'd say we're trying to get to know him too
late.

We're going to have a roster. Zero chance the team goes into this upcoming season without enough guys for starers and bench. For this season I want it shoved into Cal's face that THIS is how you coach, THIS is how you teach offense and defense. THIS is what Kentucky basketball is about.

I think it’s key to get some names dropping soon. Besides not knowing the coach well enough, it’s also tough to decide without knowing who your teammates will be.

I’m hoping we start to get some names today or tomorrow and then by next week I think we’ll have a good idea of what the team will be looking like.

Of course the centerpiece is Reed and regardless of whether you believe there’s a chance he comes back or not, I think the family is wise to have him go through the entire process. Not sure when the deadline to withdraw is but it could drag out a while.

BTW it will be really refreshing to only have to worry about a couple of players’ decisions each year and not six.

I think it’s key to get some names dropping soon. Besides not knowing the coach well enough, it’s also tough to decide without knowing who your teammates will be.

I’m hoping we start to get some names today or tomorrow and then by next week I think we’ll have a good idea of what the team will be looking like.

Of course the centerpiece is Reed and regardless of whether you believe there’s a chance he comes back or not, I think the family is wise to have him go through the entire process. Not sure when the deadline to withdraw is but it could drag out a while.

BTW it will be really refreshing to only have to worry about a couple of players’ decisions each year and not six.
6 would be low end. Since Cal has been our coach we have lost the following number of Scholarship players at the end of each season: 8, 4, 8, 7, 3, 7, 6, 8, 7, 6, 8, 7, 7, 8, 9. This season we were set up to lose 9-10 going into next season. The year where we only lost 3 was going into the NBA lockout. Some of those guys did graduate, some transferred, some to the NBA, but that is a lot of player turnover each season, especially when you only have 10-11 scholarship guys on the team.

6 would be low end. Since Cal has been our coach we have lost the following number of Scholarship players at the end of each season: 8, 4, 8, 7, 3, 7, 6, 8, 7, 6, 8, 7, 7, 8, 9. This season we were set up to lose 9-10 going into next season. The year where we only lost 3 was going into the NBA lockout. Some of those guys did graduate, some transferred, some to the NBA, but that is a lot of player turnover each season, especially when you only have 10-11 scholarship guys on the team.
Your data is false.
The actual # of scholarship players lost after the season (not due to graduation) by year under Cal is 6, 3, 5, 5, 2, 7, 5, 5, 6, 4, 6, 5, 4, 4, 7. Now there were a few who could have had a 5th year (Covid yr, or injury yr) who elected not to take it (I think 4 total). And you may have counted the (I think) 3 who left mid-season. But you are still WAY-OFF by over 25 players.
Exaggerating makes one's point seem invalid.

Your data is false.
The actual # of scholarship players lost after the season (not due to graduation) by year under Cal is 6, 3, 5, 5, 2, 7, 5, 5, 6, 4, 6, 5, 4, 4, 7. Now there were a few who could have had a 5th year (Covid yr, or injury yr) who elected not to take it (I think 4 total). And you may have counted the (I think) 3 who left mid-season. But you are still WAY-OFF by over 25 players.
Exaggerating makes one's point seem invalid.
I said it included those that graduated and transferred. I’m not going to say I didn’t miss one somewhere but those numbers should nearly be correct numbers from those that started one year and didn’t start the next in scholarship and it is a lot of turnover.

Last edited:
I assume this is who Matt Jones mentioned as being a potential bigtime player we were after that we were in good shape with.

FWIW. UConn fans are losing confidence the longer McNeely takes to make a decision. I still think he's going to Connecticut as of right now, but it's GREAT if we can get him on campus.

Get this young man in Kentucky blue, Coach Pope!

FWIW. UConn fans are losing confidence the longer McNeely takes to make a decision. I still think he's going to Connecticut as of right now, but it's GREAT if we can get him on campus.

Get this young man in Kentucky blue, Coach Pope!U

I've only seen him play once but that dude is going to be a superstar.

I said it included those that graduated and transferred. I’m not going to say I didn’t miss one somewhere but those numbers should nearly be correct numbers from those that started one year and didn’t start the next in scholarship and it is a lot of turnover.
I included transfers too. We were different by 30 guys, we have not averaged 2 SRs per year! So you are still wrong. Not to mention graduates should not be counted as a negative.

Arkansas trying to buy a championship and it’s not gonna happen. You’ve gotta coach a team to win, not just roll out the balls .. But that’s what they want, to be on UK fans minds, that whop bastard’s loving it too..

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Arkansas trying to buy a championship and it’s not gonna happen. You’ve gotta coach a team to win, not just roll out the balls .. But that’s what they want, to be on UK fans minds, that whop bastard’s loving it too..
Not really true. Harder today cause of parity. But did you watch Kentucky 2009-2015. We were the epitome of “roll out the balls and let superior talent win”. Our only national championship under cal had the #1 and #2 draft picks.

Reactions: hmt5000
Until Arky has there assassin 20 man roster hired we are unfortunately going to hear about them being after KY targets. CAL loving spending someone else’s money and being that last thorn in KY’s side.

Until Arky has there assassin 20 man roster hired we are unfortunately going to hear about them being after KY targets. CAL loving spending someone else’s money and being that last thorn in KY’s side.
And what _ISSES ME OFF is the fact that Cal NEVER had a full roster while he was here!!! Now he’s trying to recruit 20 kids!!

RIDICULOUS!!!

And what _ISSES ME OFF is the fact that Cal NEVER had a full roster while he was here!!! Now he’s trying to recruit 20 kids!!

RIDICULOUS!!!
To be fair, he has no team and a huge chunk of his recruiting class is dipping because he's now at a crappy program. Dude kinda has to floor it at this point.

Reactions: westerncat

RIDICULOUS!!!
Calipari is only showing everyone that he COULD have kept guys here at UK, but chose not to because it didn't benefit him in terms of what he was trying to do to our basketball program. Remember that Cal comment about the dog that yips the loudest? :)

Reactions: catben

With NIL and the “portal”, you’ve got to worry about keeping any decent player every year. It’s ridiculous!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT