ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington shootings

Boy you put some spin on that. Two can play that game:

A "riot" on the capitol Hill, helped by the left to begin with, because the right finally got tired of being cheated.. compared to burning a whole city down because a cop had no choice but to kill-or-be-killed when it came to apprehending a known/past criminal.

Interesting how that works, huh? Either way.. One riot to many riots.
The right got tired of being cheated? You're really making a fool of yourself. Trump lost, he admitted it privately, and still spread the lie that it was rigged against him. Not only that, he got a group of fake electors in all of the swing states to try to cheat, look it up (there are already several guilty pleas involved). Every Republican accusation is just a confession

And kill or be killed? Did you even watch the video? George Floyd sure did seem like a huge threat during those nine minutes of being handcuffed under that cop's knee. I bet that cop was real worried about being killed by an unconscious guy.

And you try to say that I spin things, what an idiot.

The right got tired of being cheated? You're really making a fool of yourself. Trump lost, he admitted it privately, and still spread the lie that it was rigged against him. Not only that, he got a group of fake electors in all of the swing states to try to cheat, look it up (there are already several guilty pleas involved). Every Republican accusation is just a confession

And kill or be killed? Did you even watch the video? George Floyd sure did seem like a huge threat during those nine minutes of being handcuffed under that cop's knee. I bet that cop was real worried about being killed by an unconscious guy.

And you try to say that I spin things, what an idiot.

Like I said, two can play that game. You put your spin on it, I can put mine on.

Fentanyl Floyd wasn't the only one they rioted over. Cities were destroyed, to the tune of millions of dollars.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
Like I said, two can play that game. You put your spin on it, I can put mine on.

Fentanyl Floyd wasn't the only one they rioted over. Cities were destroyed, to the tune of millions of dollars.
I completely denounce any riots that happened. Completely fine with protests though, especially after numerous cases of cops murdering people (especially POC). Are you cool with those MAGA idiots storming the capital?

Fentanyl Floyd, really? The lack of humanity to someone who did nothing negative to you and is only famous because they were murdered sure is a bad look for you.

In the end.. One riot.. to thousands of riots (lol at calling yours "protests" but ours "riots".. I feel quite the opposite). No amount of spin changes that. You can pretend that Jan 6th was the same as all of those, but it simply wasn't, no matter how hard you hope and wish.

I personally think Jan 6th was dumb, and it should have just been "protests" (if even that, we're not the protesting type). I don't like that they went into the Capitol and don't like that 1 person was killed and a few others injured. But all in all.. not that huge of a deal, considering what we just watched the prior summer. It was hard for me to feign tragedy like you did when I just watched cities burn to the ground doing far more damage.

But on top of everything, I hated it because it gave whacko leftists like you the ability to play this gotcha-game of "LOOK WE'RE THE SAME NOW!!! Our riots are no different!".. kind of like what you're doing now lolol.

In the end.. One riot.. to thousands of riots (lol at calling yours "protests" but ours "riots".. I feel quite the opposite). No amount of spin changes that. You can pretend that Jan 6th was the same as all of those, but it simply wasn't, no matter how hard you hope and wish.
Just saying that after Floyd's death there were riots definitely, but also regular protests. And they aren't my riots or protests lol, I'm not associating myself with any of that. Are you claiming January 6th as yours (if so I'll need to call the FBI lol)? I don't remember anyone trying to overthrow our government and stop the peaceful transfer of power during any of the riots after George Floyd, do you? So I agree, they aren't the same.

Just saying that after Floyd's death there were riots definitely, but also regular protests. And they aren't my riots or protests lol, I'm not associating myself with any of that. Are you claiming January 6th as yours (if so I'll need to call the FBI lol)? I don't remember anyone trying to overthrow our government and stop the peaceful transfer of power during any of the riots after George Floyd, do you? So I agree, they aren't the same.

The most unsurprising thing here is that you'd try to snitch. Color me shocked lmao.

The fact that you tried to lump the Jan 6th riot in with the others, as some form of "You did it too!" puts you in that camp, whether you like it or not. And, it probably puts me on the other side, which is fine with me.

I find the BLM riots infinitely worse than Jan 6th. You dont agree, thats fine.

Nothing in statistics in data says that someone who is black has some inherent bias to commit violence. They may show disproportionate crimes according to race
I hope you will consider the problem here with your logic.

As I said, addressing the root problem is very difficult. Especially when we can’t even consider what the problem might be.

Yes, the homicide rate in the depression era was higher than today. Big graph is from wikipedia, citation is CDC. Article also cites this which shows similar data (and shows estimated homicide rate from colonial days): https://web.archive.org/web/2012042...ime-puzzle-violent-crime-declines-in-america/

violence-stylized2.png

Age-Adjusted_Homicide_Rates_in_the_USA%2C_1900-2022%2C_with_Major_Theorized_Contributors.jpg
Great charts. Consider though- what year did Prohibition end?

A riot in a random town in response to a cop murdering a guy is not the same as a riot ON THE CAPITAL because Trump can’t admit that he lost.
Would you care to get me a transcript of his asking or telling them to riot?

Would you care to get me a transcript of his asking or telling them to riot?
Google is free but "We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore" seems pretty obvious. This after Giuliani said they'd have trial by combat among other crazy rhetoric from the other speakers.

Last edited:
Google is free but "We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore" seems pretty obvious. This after Giuliani said they'd have trial by combat among other crazy rhetoric from the other speakers.
It is not obvious. In fact, it’s a clear delineator between those who are honest about it and those who are not,

We know this because nobody else has ever been held to the same standard. If I’m wrong, you can give me examples.

It is not obvious. In fact, it’s a clear delineator between those who are honest about it and those who are not,

We know this because nobody else has ever been held to the same standard. If I’m wrong, you can give me examples.
You are not a serious person. Telling a wild mob that they have to fight like hell certainly isn't the most peaceful message. I'll give you an example from this exact situation. A county commissioner in New Mexico was removed from office in 2022 after a judge ruled he had engaged in insurrection on 1/6.

You are not a serious person. Telling a wild mob that they have to fight like hell certainly isn't the most peaceful message. I'll give you an example from this exact situation. A county commissioner in New Mexico was removed from office in 2022 after a judge ruled he had engaged in insurrection on 1/6.
Maxine Walters said hold my beer 🍺

Which jurisdictions are these that supposedly adopted "defund the police" policies?
You're a smart guy, you can look this up. There were over 20 large cities that did so to varying degrees. Most rapidly reversed course a year or two later when they realized what a fustercluck it had created. Many PDs across the country continue to have severe staffing issues because of the stigma the whole "defund" movement created.

And Christ, this is coming from someone who doesn't even particularly like the police but is pragmatic enough to know that they're necessary.

That would be false. The gun didn't do anything on it's own. Is that the same as knife violence or hoagie violence?
Hey man, I'm more than willing to experiment.

If you would like me to hit you with a roast beef sandwich, stab you, and shoot you to see if there's any difference, I can draft some liability waivers and we can put your theory to the test.

Reactions: J_Dee and cole854
That would be false. The gun didn't do anything on it's own. Is that the same as knife violence or hoagie violence?
What a dumb thing to try to argue over. We really live in a time where there are idiots that think gun violence doesn't equate to violence using a gun, what the hell is happening.

Hey man, I'm more than willing to experiment.

If you would like me to hit you with a roast beef sandwich, stab you, and shoot you to see if there's any difference, I can draft some liability waivers and we can put your theory to the test.

I think the point being an inanimate object doesn't act. So you can lay them all on a table and none will do anything. All the focus should be on holding the evil doer accountable rather than blaming an inanimate object.

Yeah, I don't believe you. and never once did I "virtue signal".

This is what you're missing. There are tens of thousands of kids in the city of Louisville (and it's similar all throughout the country), where a kid may not know where they are sleeping tonight or their mother lives with a drug dealer or their mother is on drugs or they live with grandma and grandma can't parent or they grow up surrounded by gang violence or their parents are non-existent and awful role models or they suffer from the side effects of a drug addicted pregnant mother or all they know is the streets. They did not choose this situation but it is their reality. All of this compounds the challenges with education, it eventually limits employment and typically the cycle repeats. That, my friend, is the sad reality.

This is not unlike the cycles of poverty in Eastern Kentucky or rural America. It is the same problem, and the United States has failed to solve this problem due to its complexity for generations.

No amount of blaming BLM, liberals or the criminal justice system changes this reality. It's like solving a 50,000-piece jigsaw puzzle with only square pieces. It's never going to work. There is not a single solution because there is not a single problem.

Being tough on crime does not change any of the above. Voting for a Republican or Democrat does not change any of the above. The people who are committing murder and violent acts do not factor most often do not factor punishment of their actions at all.

I don't care if you believe me or not.

The entire post, and all after it, are nothing more than strawman, non sequiturs, or ad hominems.

The only part that is on point is the final paragraph where you assert jail wont impact crime because it isnt an effective enough deterrent.

Even if you believe that, jailing still works because it removes offenders from the population thereby preventing them from committing more crimes.

Even if you believe that, jailing still works because it removes offenders from the population thereby preventing them from committing more crimes.

Let's cut the BS here. You're arguing that "being tough on crime" is the solution to the problem of murders in the Kentucky. You said that. Not me. This debate in actuality was pretty much over when it was pointed out that the maximum penalty for murder is death in the state of Kentucky, yet the state continues to see an exorbitant amount of murders.

In fact, states with the death penalty by average all experience higher rates of murder than states where the death penalty is banned, which further detracts from your initial point.

People who commit murder most often either accept the risk of life in prison or death OR the murder is committed out of unpremeditated rage where consequences are disregarded.

From this, I quite frankly do know what you're trying to argue. I don't know what is left to argue about to be honest.

Reactions: chroix
This debate in actuality was pretty much over when it was pointed out that the maximum penalty for murder is death in the state of Kentucky, yet the state continues to see an exorbitant amount of murders.

No. It actually proved my point when another poster showed there hasnt been an execution since 2008. So there is a death penalty in statute only.

Everything went to pieces when 2020 the governor and the mayor let Louisville be burned and looted AND wagged fingers at everyone to stay inside except anyone protesting. Also hurt when lmpd posted on social media they werent responding to any calls unless someone's physical safety was at risk.

Murders, carjackings, property crimes, etc predictably went through the roof because there was no fear of prosecution.

No. It actually proved my point when another poster showed there hasnt been an execution since 2008. So there is a death penalty in statute only.

Everything went to pieces when 2020 the governor and the mayor let Louisville be burned and looted AND wagged fingers at everyone to stay inside except anyone protesting. Also hurt when lmpd posted on social media they werent responding to any calls unless someone's physical safety was at risk.

Murders, carjackings, property crimes, etc predictably went through the roof because there was no fear of prosecution.

Sounds good. And if you look at the state of Kentucky in a vacuum, you could certainly be led in that direction.

Yes, in every state that took a similar approach they got s similar result. Thus we're back to the beginning.

Gotcha.

Except we aren’t back to the beginning unless you’re saying that the murder rate was only a problem as of 2020.

And furthermore all data suggests the increase was an effect of lockdowns and societal upheaval not the punishment for murder.

Gotcha.

Except we aren’t back to the beginning unless you’re saying that the murder rate was only a problem as of 2020.

And furthermore all data suggests the increase was an effect of lockdowns and societal upheaval not the punishment for murder.

Oh no. It only took off it 2020 and still flying high.

Two of the biggest, oft-overlooked factors for the overall fall in crime rates from the 70s onwards (even accounting for the
Yes, the homicide rate in the depression era was higher than today. Big graph is from wikipedia, citation is CDC. Article also cites this which shows similar data (and shows estimated homicide rate from colonial days): https://web.archive.org/web/2012042...ime-puzzle-violent-crime-declines-in-america/

violence-stylized2.png

Age-Adjusted_Homicide_Rates_in_the_USA%2C_1900-2022%2C_with_Major_Theorized_Contributors.jpg

This is a great chart. A few important takeaways that are often overlooked or at least not widely acknowledged by the general public are the importance of lead abatement (especially in gas) in the reduction of overall violent crime rates. Lead contamination has been found to cause or exacerbate behavioral problems.

Also, and many of the law and order conservatives won't want to hear this, legalized abortion led to a decrease in overall crime rates (i.e., less unwanted babies growing up in less-than-ideal environments), albeit to a lesser extend than lead abatement.

https://law.stanford.edu/publicatio...-abortion-on-crime-over-the-last-two-decades/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT