ADVERTISEMENT

Levis’ Slide…

Didn’t believe it then , don’t believe it tonight ..
Okay...no I don't believe reddit posts. CBS had him at 25th at best. He can't layer passes or roll out to his left.

But since it's Stoops fault...can you give me an awesome analysis of how sunbelt billy propelled Anthony Richardson so high up? He tooootttally lived up to the hype playing for him.

Levis and Richardson played head to head. It was no contest. Apparently the pros like potential over performance. It will be interesting to see if Richardson can live up to his potential.
I'll be honest here, I don't see any potential for Richardson as a QB. This was a terrible pick and someone will regret it as they pack their belongings in a banker box and exit the premises.

The screw up , the monumental screw up , of stoops neutering Livas and telling him not to be a playmaker , but to be a classic pocket passer not only cost WL millions , it cost UK several wins and a great season last year .
Scang***. That was Scang. It was identical to the garbage San Francisco has ran out as “offense” for years.

Levis was told not to scramble which was a strength the year prior. Everything was long developing even w a weak offensive line. And we didn’t run any power run and play action w arguably the best RB in KY history. Scang is garbage

Meh says more about Indy and their awful executives than anything. Unless you're playing 7 on 7 in shorts, AR has no business in any of the first 3 rounds period. That should've been Levis by any even quasi reasonable measure.

Then you had the titans head scratcher by them not taking a qb. After that, noone else needed a QB.

It was all an awful choice, a bad choice, then lack of need. Nothing to do with UK, it's offense, or anything else.

An outside chance too that his agent was completely outmaneuvered for that 4th pick. Levis had caa which is one of the best shops, but can't fault him for being furious at them for his slide. Looks like they were out gamed

I feel so bad for Will and his family tonight. WHY in the world did ESPN bring him there when Chris Mortenson KNEW that Will's toe was STILL a problem and teams were leery of taking him as a high pick?????

ESPN is a bunch of DIRTBAGS and allowing Todd McShay to sit there and FREAKIN LAUGH because Will hadn't been picked just to throw shade at Mel Kiper was just CLASSLESS!!!

I CAN'T STAND ESPN!!!!

Not Stoops per se. But definitely Scrang’s. Absolutely God awful hire. Levis should call him up to deck him right in the schnoz. Scrang cost Levis money tonight.
If there are any bridges burned Scangarello might be warning teams of Levis. Idk seems sketchy. He has two former coaches with tight nfl connections and doesn’t get a sniff. Tebowed

I feel so bad for Will and his family tonight. WHY in the world did ESPN bring him there when Chris Mortenson KNEW that Will's toe was STILL a problem and teams were leery of taking him as a high pick?????

ESPN is a bunch of DIRTBAGS and allowing Todd McShay to sit there and FREAKIN LAUGH because Will hadn't been picked just to throw shade at Mel Kiper was just CLASSLESS!!!

I CAN'T STAND ESPN!!!!
They hate UK. Hate us.

Not to mention a dude that scored a 18% on the cognition test was drafted ahead of him which is alarming as hell to me

Agree that was an iffy pick especially considering he's never been under center. At least it's defensible considering he played well especially that Georgia game.

Richardson just makes zero sense. Looked awful in every game but one or maybe two. Never played under center. At very best won't be ready for three years. Yet drafted by a team who needs someone now. It's lunacy

Goodell probably isn't happy. They don't like inviting players unless they are sure they are going 1st round. Bad look for the NFL

Will will be better than at least one of CJ Stroud or AR15. 18% on the new intelligence test for Stroud, lol, that GM better hope every braincell that kid has that does function is geared toward route reading and snap decision making because dumb is not a characteristic you want in a franchise QB.
I swear, the wonderlick had dumb questions but apparently the S2 try’s to test actual cognition and fast recognition skills. It may have nothing to do with Football on paper but it does show how fast he processes information and how he uses that information, which QB’s have to do a ton. That’s why Manning was one of the 5 best QB’s ever, his mind.

Meh says more about Indy and their awful executives than anything. Unless you're playing 7 on 7 in shorts, AR has no business in any of the first 3 rounds period. That should've been Levis by any even quasi reasonable measure.

Then you had the titans head scratcher by them not taking a qb. After that, noone else needed a QB.

It was all an awful choice, a bad choice, then lack of need. Nothing to do with UK, it's offense, or anything else.

An outside chance too that his agent was completely outmaneuvered for that 4th pick. Levis had caa which is one of the best shops, but can't fault him for being furious at them for his slide. Looks like they were out gamed
I still believe our coordinator hurt him, now they are saying his Toe isn’t 100% still. Plus rumblings about horrible interviews.

Best way to look at it now.
He could have done that in the first round too. I think Indy, Tennessee, Tampa Bay, New England, NYG, NYJ, San Diego all had reasonable need or insurance to pick a QB. Possibly even the Saints if Carr isn’t the answer.

I am a Jags fan and I feel that the Titans will end up drafting him still. But that is based on NOTHING lol.
GO CATS!
Also, hope my Jags get CRod in later rounds.

I still believe our coordinator hurt him, now they are saying his Toe isn’t 100% still. Plus rumblings about horrible interviews.

If on field performance was heavily weighted, then Richardson would be potentially undrafted.

If anything the coordinator change helped him. He showed the ability to operate two subtly different NFL offenses which are also by far the predominant schemes in the NFL. Richardson nor stroud has ever been under center. Young was mostly gun too iirc.

There's really no way to explain Richardson at 4 to Indy. None. Yet it happened

If on field performance was heavily weighted, then Richardson would be potentially undrafted.

If anything the coordinator change helped him. He showed the ability to operate two subtly different NFL offenses which are also by far the predominant schemes in the NFL. Richardson nor stroud has ever been under center. Young was mostly gun too iirc.

There's really no way to explain Richardson at 4 to Indy. None. Yet it happened
I 100% agree except Indy watched Hurts, Geno Smith, and Lamar play. Then he had the combine + he has a huge arm. They envision a guy who can be taught how to play the NFL game and salivate. In reality he’s no where close to their talent level playing QB, only athletically.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I posted here late last season that Levis wasn't a 1st round pick. Not crowing about that, just saying it was obvious he wasn't the same player he was the previous season. Whether that was due to injury, bad offensive system or bad advice from those close to him, doesn't matter.
Too many local and national talking heads were building him up as something he wasn't. GM's, scouts and NFL staff have to know the value in the guys they draft. There's big $$$ on the line with their decisions. What we saw on Thursday night was the culmination of all those things coming together. It wasn't a huge anti-UK conspiracy or anything nefarious. It was a business decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT