ADVERTISEMENT

Levis’ Slide…

although there's no way he should have ever been considered a 1st round pick. no reason for him to be there in the first place

Not true. He's not that far from either AR or CJS, ahead or behind. It was just fit that kept anyone from taking him sooner.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
The Levis story is a great story. Rated 5.6 3* out of HS by Rivals, he had a modest offer sheet that included Iowa, BC, Syracuse, Ole Miss and a whole list of smaller East Coast schools before signing with Penn St. He left there and headed to UK where he hooked up with Liam Coen to become a NFL prospect. He ended up taken 33 over all out of what 270 or so draftees? Not bad. His is a story that any college football fan should appreciate and is a credit to Levis, Stoops/Coen and UK. To poo-poo the story is ridiculous.
Exactly!

Trying to turn a three star Qb taken second round in draft as a failure is silly. He will ink 10mil over four years contract

30 years? Haha, try about 60 years. And I didn’t say UK made him go to the green room.
Will was KENTUCKY’s Quarterback. He was representing Kentucky in that green room. They don’t announce “Will Levis, Quarterback from Will Levis college/university”. They say “Will Levis, Quarterback Kentucky”. .

Am I really having to explain what Kentucky’s QB has to do with Kentucky football?

No matter how you slice it, round one draft night sucked for Levis and sucked for Kentucky. It was the exact moment we needed with Coen coming back. To have “Coen’s guy” go top 5 on national television, to interview Coen/Stoops (both in attendance) right after could have been monumental for QB recruiting going forward. For the record I still think Coen will get one of his top 2-3 choices moving forward, but make no mistake, Levis not going top 5 was a colossal missed opportunity, as has been the theme of Kentucky football for as long as anyone can remember.

^^^ Get to know your UT and UL fans here posing as "UK fans" and put them on ignore so as not to waste your time and reward their trolling

Reactions: Ky grandpa
^^^ Get to know your UT and UL fans here posing as "UK fans" and put them on ignore so as not to waste your time and reward their trolling

Imagine engaging a poster with multiple replies and then telling everyone else to ignore that same poster so as to not “reward their trolling”. Wow man, you’re sharp as a tack.

I think you might want to take a little break. Message boards aren’t for you right now.

Last edited:
This was not an embarrassment to the program.

This was not a bad thing.

This won't affect anything going forward.

Not being in the green room on the day you're selected is not anything new.

Congrats to Levis on being drafted and to the Titans not far from here, no less!

Congrats to UK for having another Wildcat drafted that we all can wish well on the next level!

Damn, he's choosing to not attend day2, where I have to imagine some one will pick him (He's not going in the 4th).. thats a BAD look. Someone should tell him "You have to go tot his, no matter how much it might suck".
It dropped him all the way to 1st pick of the second round!!

In fairness to him (and you) he likely knew he would be number 1 the second day before mid-night of the first day.

I think Levis overdid it in his interviews in the wake of Richardson’s combine performance.

I’ve often thought when Levis did his post game on-field interview that he came across as trying too hard to be perfectly polished. Just didn’t seem natural. I didn’t criticize at the time because I figured he was simply practicing so that he might present well for NFL teams. But after hearing multiple outlets reporting that he didn’t interview well and came across as cocky, arrogant, etc hindsight has provided some enlightenment.

I watched a great documentary about Joe Nammoth on HBO and it had a segment showing Joe after having put in a massive wad of chew in the huddle calling a play and his teammates laughing at his struggling to do so due to the size of the chaw. Joe himself was smiling as he recognized how it came across and you could literally sense the rapport he had with those guys. It’s no wonder he was so beloved.

Cut to Levis. I just don’t think he has that same presence, and makes it worse is he’s the type to try and artificially create it and that never goes well. I believe this was glaring in his sit downs, and possibly in his round of golf with the head coach, as the previous poster linked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT