ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s straighten a few things out about this contract

I stated in another thread a couple of weeks ago
This is NOT about the money for Calipari ..it never really has been.
It’s ego, control, power and most of all pride
Calipari is a narcissist. And as such he won’t be able to face it if he loses all the adoration (note I did not say respect) of the masses
Right now there are just enough people who still practically worship him to make him think we think he cannot be wrong
He will never think he’s wrong..but the perception of what everyone else thinks is crucial

So forget about the $$$ aspect…that not the real problem here
I know a lot of uk fans. A whole lot. None of them want to keep him past this season. Not one. His time has come and gone.

I know a lot of uk fans. A whole lot. None of them want to keep him past this season. Not one. His time has come and gone.
I know one or two who aren’t there yet..but the majority want Calipari gone yesterday

He. Isnt. Going. Anywhere. Joe Craft is the only one who can fund his departure and that is not happening. Especially with the class he has coming in next year. We all know it deep down and can hate it all we want but it's the truth.
You. Assume. The. Only. Way. He. Leaves. Is. Getting. Fired. (Did I do that right?)

• Haha
Reactions: Bkocats
It won’t happen mid season and if this season plays out like we are afraid it’s going to , the piling on will be enormous. Everyone except dick vitale will be saying Cal has to go and I would be willing to bet he will be ready to take any reasonable offer.

1. It is not a lifetime contract.

2. It can be settled and will be settled. Calipari cannot stay in Lexington with everyone wanting him out. He will be forced to negotiate a settlement agreement, and this is the main reason he wanted a buyout so large. To be able to settle at his price, not to suck and stay.

3. The reason people think it’s a lifetime contract is because of the ambassador provision. But this provision is easily bought out for 1 million dollars. He is not going to be given the lifetime ambassadorship at this point. Therefore, like point 1 explains, there is no lifetime contract.

Some of this contract mess needs to be sorted out. Far too many people aren’t understanding how this works and that includes you Matt Jones.
There's no such thing as forcing him to negotiate.. if they want to end his contract they will be forced to pay him a buyout.... Which decreases every season

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT