ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s say Calipari isn’t the coach next year…

Col. Angus

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2017
Very unlikely yea I know but humor me a minute. They either figure it out and he’s just tired of the shit and leaves, he has an awful season and gets fired… anything. Whatever.

If UK could hire a coach that plays a style similar to Missouri. Similar to Arizona. Similar to Baylor and Houston and Alabama and Arkansas and Gonzaga and yada yada whatever….

I don’t think it’s out of the question the new coach could sell his style of play and keep Dillingham or hire someone close to him in some role. I think Sheppard plays at UK no matter what sorta like Hood was in 2009. Ya probably lose Wagner but whatever. I think Bradshaw could be kept with that style. Him and Onyenso would be incredible for that style. Both are huge and long with soft shooting touches. Rim protection. Whatever. I think Edwards could be kept especially if the new coach hires the Tenn coach that recruited him. He’s a perfect modern 4, especially with a little extra strength.

Probably lose Toppin and Collins I would guess. Probably keep Fredrick. Ware hangs around. He don’t care. Just wants to play. Maybe, I dunno. Thiero could be sold to stay and PLAY FOR UK. Livingston would be the wildcard, have to convince him to come back and play in a lm offense better suited for him but battle for more playing time.

Wallace and Tshiebwe and Wheeler are gone.

NIL ain’t gonna change. That shouldn’t impact the conversation with any of these guys and if anything be a positive since there would likely be excitement and more money spent with their announcing they’re staying with their commitments.

Gimme a roster with a modern offense 4 out 1 in with confident shooting and aggressive attacking of:

Dillingham
Sheppard
Edwards
Bradshaw
Onyenso
Livingston
Thiero
Fredrick
Ware
couple transfers from coaches’ prior team/freshmen recruits flipped

I’d take ALL THAT SHIT RIGHT ****IN NOW.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News