ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron: AD to Lakers would be amazing

This has been a (hopeful) plan of Magic and Lebron since before lebron signed imo.

Lebron still has 2-3 more seasons of elite* level play imo and maybe even 4-5 more “good years”

Reactions: EliteBlue
He's the perfect fit alongside LeBron and vice versa. If you think LeBron and Bosh was a tough combo, this would be otherworldly.

Just put a scoring PG and a pair of 3-and-D wings and that's a title. If the Lakers can keep Josh Hart and Kuzma and then add Kemba, Lillard, or someone of that caliber, I think that's ideal from a basketball standpoint, even if not from a pure overwhelming talent perspective.

I just don’t understand what asset LA has other than Lebron. Ball is mostly hype, Ingram had some injury didn’t he? If I were NO I would say hard pass.

Anthony Davis is literally the type of player a small market team dreams of drafting. The best since Durant, then Lebron. You don’t trade him unless he’s saying “trade me, I’m gone”. And if you do, you get more than what LA has.

I just don’t understand what asset LA has other than Lebron. Ball is mostly hype, Ingram had some injury didn’t he? If I were NO I would say hard pass.

Anthony Davis is literally the type of player a small market team dreams of drafting. The best since Durant, then Lebron. You don’t trade him unless he’s saying “trade me, I’m gone”. And if you do, you get more than what LA has.

Davis has the leverage. If he tells the team he's not signing his extension, and he tells other teams he's not re-signing with anyone except the team he wants to go to, then that Lakers offer will be the best one they get.

That is the rub. Any trade for AD starts with Ingram, Kuzma AND Hart. The salary match is still about $15 mm off. So you have to throw in multiple first round draft picks to sway NO to take back Rondo or take Deng or Pope.

LA gets backrupt in the process but would get 3 or 4 really good teams (or until Lebron ages out).

funny how espn doesn’t give ad his shine until he’s a part of their agenda. now he’s draped all over espn because they finally realized that la would need him to even be contenders. espn wants this so bad all of a sudden. makes me laugh. they push la sports so much that nothing is organic. it’s all because they made their big push to move a big part of their company there. i actually hope he doesn’t entertain them, or if he does that he makes them kiss major ass. i almost rather see him in boston playing for a real coach instead of being a front runner for la/espn. he will get his shine when he’s on a contender regardless and we all knew the whole time.

only when they are desperate it seems do they treat ad like he’s a top 1-3 player in the world even though it was evident 3 years ago. basically their writers are now calling him the most valuable player according to his stats and age etc. where were these articles these several years? heck one of us could have written one, with a straight face, before his 5 year contract.

funny how espn doesn’t give ad his shine until he’s a part of their agenda. now he’s draped all over espn because they finally realized that la would need him to even be contenders. espn wants this so bad all of a sudden. makes me laugh. they push la sports so much that nothing is organic. it’s all because they made their big push to move a big part of their company there. i actually hope he doesn’t entertain them, or if he does that he makes them kiss major ass. i almost rather see him in boston playing for a real coach instead of being a front runner for la/espn. he will get his shine when he’s on a contender regardless and we all knew the whole time.

only when they are desperate it seems do they treat ad like he’s a top 1-3 player in the world even though it was evident 3 years ago. basically their writers are now calling him the most valuable player according to his stats and age etc. where were these articles these several years? heck one of us could have written one, with a straight face, before his 5 year contract.

They’re an entertainment company. People forget that.

They’re an entertainment company. People forget that.
90% of their narratives are projections and they shape their narratives in the hopes of making them reality. nothing wrong with what they do. but i’m speaking to this tool, which they decided not to use until they are desperate for their agenda to come to fruition.

He's the perfect fit alongside LeBron and vice versa. If you think LeBron and Bosh was a tough combo, this would be otherworldly.

Just put a scoring PG and a pair of 3-and-D wings and that's a title. If the Lakers can keep Josh Hart and Kuzma and then add Kemba, Lillard, or someone of that caliber, I think that's ideal from a basketball standpoint, even if not from a pure overwhelming talent perspective.

Lakers would have to throw in Kuzma for AD I would imagine along with Ingram and maybe Ball along with picks. They would then have nothing to trade for Lillard, who seems pretty content in Portland. Maybe Kemba because he’s about to become a FA.

I think AD and Lebron alone would be enough to seriously challenge the Warriors this year. Then sign Kemba in the offseason.

Reactions: CrazyCat74
90% of their narratives are projections and they shape their narratives in the hopes of making them reality. nothing wrong with what they do. but i’m speaking to this tool, which they decided not to use until they are desperate for their agenda to come to fruition.

I mean he’s on a small market team who has played a total of 13 playoff games in his career. I’ve seen a good bit of articles on AD from ESPN over the years. Especially last year without Cousins there and then them making the playoffs. But there’s only so much you can do with a non-contender in New Orleans.

Lakers would have to throw in Kuzma for AD I would imagine along with Ingram and maybe Ball along with picks. They would then have nothing to trade for Lillard, who seems pretty content in Portland. Maybe Kemba because he’s about to become a FA.

I think AD and Lebron alone would be enough to seriously challenge the Warriors this year. Then sign Kemba in the offseason.

For sure, I was talking about next season.

Ideally you hold on to any of those young pieces that you can, but if that's the price for AD, you make the move and then fill the roster with pieces around them. Plus, guys come to play with LeBron all the time, and that's when he was in Cleveland.

Reactions: CrazyCat74
I mean he’s on a small market team who has played a total of 13 playoff games in his career. I’ve seen a good bit of articles on AD from ESPN over the years. Especially last year without Cousins there and then them making the playoffs. But there’s only so much you can do with a non-contender in New Orleans.
they were saying mostly that he never won anything despite being in a small market. and when they beat the blazers they didn’t say much about it after the fact. of course they can utilize any market they want. cleveland was a centerpiece of their agenda for a while. and that mostly based on one player.

the neat thing is there was nothing going to stop his rising star and it’s kind of a big f u to those that decided not to get on board because they thought ad needed to prove something. he doesn’t need to prove anything.

they were saying mostly that he never won anything despite being in a small market. and when they beat the blazers they didn’t say much about it after the fact. of course they can utilize any market they want. cleveland was a centerpiece of their agenda for a while. and that mostly based on one player.

That one player in Cleveland had a lot more playoff success than AD early in his career and won an MVP by age 24.

That one player in Cleveland had a lot more playoff success than AD early in his career and won an MVP by age 24.
they were talking about “what cleveland needs” around him as early as 2004. before he did anything.

I don't see how or what the Lakers could offer for AD that would be worth it with the exception of Lebron himself. If I was AD I would opt out of NO and sign with a organization that will put players around him that will win a championship. Would love to see him on a contender.

I don't see how or what the Lakers could offer for AD that would be worth it with the exception of Lebron himself. If I was AD I would opt out of NO and sign with a organization that will put players around him that will win a championship. Would love to see him on a contender.

He most likely will. But he won’t be a free agent until summer 2020. Also once he declines the extension from NOP they will most likely trade him to insure they get something for him instead of nothing if he walks.

He most likely will. But he won’t be a free agent until summer 2020. Also once he declines the extension from NOP they will most likely trade him to insure they get something for him instead of nothing if he walks.
trade for sure. he wouldn’t get as big a contract if he signs as a few agent.

Watch out for Boston too. They’ve got more good players and draft picks to bargain with than LA.
Problem with Boston is Horford and Hayward would be ideal to move, but both make more than AD. Not a chance NO goes for an even swap.

A trade to Boston would be Brown, Rozier, and Tatum (preferred, but not likely) or Smart. Then picks would be included.

Except most contenders do not have the salary cap space to sign him. Most teams are over the cap.

And NO can trade him wherever is best for them not him. And any team trading for him will want a guarantee of him opting in his player option.

They are doing this to make watching the game more compelling.
You right, said Jimmy Butler and Khawi Leonard.
Jimmy was not going to be offered the max, hence the reason for the tantrum and forcing his way out. Khawi was not offered the max although we could assume that was going to happen.

Very little chance AD turns down the richest contract in NBA history.

LA has very little shot at making this happen. Boston has been preparing for this moment.

Davis has the leverage. If he tells the team he's not signing his extension, and he tells other teams he's not re-signing with anyone except the team he wants to go to, then that Lakers offer will be the best one they get.

Correct...this is exactly how it was planned by the Lakers with PG-13 and the Lakers were so smart to stand pat and wait for hometown hero to sign with them when PG-13 became a free agent.

Let AD and Lebron beat the Warriors and I bet Lebron doesn't talk about his kid going to Duke anymore

If I am AD I would tell Lebron the only way I am signing with Lakers is you and Nike stop the shaddy shit pushing recruits away from My School. Get that squashed and I'll come!

Reactions: catben
Sure, but why would AD want to play second fiddle to LeBron? And if memory serves me right, AD seems to be tighter with Kyrie these days.

AD going to the Celtics and he would be the best player on that team...

We’ll see. LA is prettt attractive to most NBA players. Also Kyrie isn’t guaranteed to be in Boston next season.

Also if LA makes a move for AD this season Boston can’t sign him until next season. Lots of If’s. Should be fun to watch play out though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT