ADVERTISEMENT

LaVar Ball Said This

I wish some credible media would call him out for the racist guy he is. I won't even get into the outrage that would occur if the race roles were reversed.

gee, seems like you already have

even with a white nationalist administration, you people still have to play the victim card

Why white guys don't run faster....when you are tripped it hurts less... Uh, when the tripper trips you, nah, when you are tripped by the tripper...I stop...(Was kinduv tripped up..)

I don't take his comments as racist. More like buying into a stereotype to take blame off his kid getting 39 dropped on him. I could care less about the media perception either. Not searching for something to cry over. That's the problem with everyone today. Everyone is looking for something to be outraged about or for someone to tell them they should be outraged. Nut up people.

I don't take his comments as racist. More like buying into a stereotype to take blame off his kid getting 39 dropped on him. I could care less about the media perception either. Not searching for something to cry over. That's the problem with everyone today. Everyone is looking for something to be outraged about or for someone to tell them they should be outraged. Nut up people.

It's not about being outraged. It's about the double standard that exists in America today and how big mouth bigots like him won't be raked over the coals like a white man would. Until white people raise a stink, big mouth black people like him will keep getting away with it with no repurcussions.

Reactions: warrior-cat
[roll] That's effin brilliant.

Anyway, yeah Lavar is a moron. He'll be making excuses for his son the rest of his life. Every time he doesn't get drafted first, doesn't make an all star team, team doesn't win the NBA championship, it'll be someone else's fault. Most likely some whitey. The guy is a waste of perfectly good air.
I hope he falls in the draft PAST the lakers soooo much

That comment was racist and an excuse at the same time. Many people have lost careers for less blatant statements. If you say something inflammatory as often as Lavar does then no one should be shock if he takes heat. This man is an attention whore. Ooops I just insulted whores Sorry about that.

Lavar going the down the same path as the Williams sisters' (Venus and Serena) dad. His girls never get beaten; they only lose because of injuries, cramps, dehydration, blah blah blah.

Same path as the Williams Sisters?
Lol... I hope not. They're all time greats.

gee, seems like you already have

even with a white nationalist administration, you people still have to play the victim card
giphy.gif

Our starters were Scheyer, Singler and Zoubek. Miles and Mason Plumlee usually came off the bench whenever Zoubek and Lance Thomas needed a rest.
I think 09-10 Duke started Scheyer, Singler, and a Plumlee.

2010 Duke started 3 white guys. In fact, 7 of their top 10 players were white (Scheyer, Singler, Zoubek, Miles Plumlee, Mason Plumlee, Olek Czyz, and Ryan Kelly). Nolan Smith and Lance Thomas were the only black guys who played significant minutes for that team. 2010 Duke might have been the whitest team to win a title since the 60's. Of course, they probably wouldn't have won the title if we hadn't blown the Elite 8 game against WVU.

Oddly enough, the Butler team they beat by 2 in the title game that year was also mostly white.

2010 Duke--Scheyer, Singler and Zoubek.

It was actually Scheyer, Singler, and Zoubek. Two of the Plumlees played but for only like 12 combined minutes.

Sheyer, Singler , Zoubek all started for us in 2010 and two Plumes were in our top eight

I believe dook had some white guys play basketball.

Hmm, his momma 's white isn't she? Lavar may have under thought his grand plan.

Not sure there is any thinking going on in Lavar's head. Just FYI, he's got a Joe Jackson reputation in the so cal area. The guy embarrasses himself and his family.

Once lonzo gets drafted and makes bank, he's going to get his family out of this loon's sights.

I am soo tired of this BS being said! Yes he is probably right that white people are slower than Black people in a lot of cases. No white sprinter has ever ran a 9.8 100 meter. Black folks as a standard rule have more fast twitch muscles. To say that you cant win a title with 3 white starters is just racist. It could be true I cannot remember the last time a predominantly white team won the NCAA championship... but I also cant remember the time a Black person won a strong man competition that is dominated by Eastern Europeans . If I said that in public as a national figure I would be ostracized.

Not sure there is any thinking going on in Lavar's head. Just FYI, he's got a Joe Jackson reputation in the so cal area. The guy embarrasses himself and his family.

Once lonzo gets drafted and makes bank, he's going to get his family out of this loon's sights.
I was referring to an article I saw where he is attributed as saying he selected his wife, basically, as breeding stock to create superior basketball players. I guess he didn't think about that slow white gene winning out.

Reactions: d2atTech
I'm confused. Should be more like 3 1/2 white guys. It appears to me his son is also NOT a black man. If I'm not mistaken, his mom is white. This would make him a white-black kid. Does he consider himself a "black" kid??

I am seriously confused with this statement. Doesn't Lonzo have a white mother? If so, why is he not considered white? What makes him a black man? Seems like it should have have been more like 3 1/2 white guys on the floor.

I am seriously confused with this statement. Doesn't Lonzo have a white mother? If so, why is he not considered white? What makes him a black man? Seems like it should have have been more like 3 1/2 white guys on the floor.
Yeah, the guy is nuts. His boy says he wants to play for the Lakers but it would probably be a blessing in disguise for him to end up on the Celtics. The farther he can get away from his father the better.

Reactions: Mike-D
It probably eats him up that his kid looks more white than black.

It's not about being outraged. It's about the double standard that exists in America today and how big mouth bigots like him won't be raked over the coals like a white man would. Until white people raise a stink, big mouth black people like him will keep getting away with it with no repurcussions.

Screw the media and whiny snowflakes. They're not worth my time. People sound like a whiny brats for saying "Well it would be different if he was white". Of course it would be but I'm not someone who cries racist. Id rather be a man about it and call him for what he is. Until people pull the race crap out of it and focus on his actual character of the man, which is horrible, they just beat around the real issue. Feel bad for the mans kids, he's an ego-driven idiot, living through his kids & lashing out because his pride is hurt. Not gonna say he's any more racist than people who want a white spot up shooter. His oldest seems like a good kid. He'll make millions. We may see Dad dead or strung out.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
That comment was racist and an excuse at the same time. Many people have lost careers for less blatant statements. If you say something inflammatory as often as Lavar does then no one should be shock if he takes heat. This man is an attention whore. Ooops I just insulted whores Sorry about that.

He sells tshirts and lives through his sons. He's essentially the crackhead who sells fake Oakleys and Northface Jackets.

At first, I thought the guy was just cocky and arrogant. Now I think he just has a mental issue and that's why his boy never commented 1 way or the other. I kinda feel sorry for him (not really) if that's the case. ESPN had him on and everyone feeding off him having fun. The man just isn't right in the head. He really can't be that stupid and out of touch from reality to say the things he has publicly even if he does believe them (ie beating Jordan) unless he is just a little off.

At first, I thought the guy was just cocky and arrogant. Now I think he just has a mental issue and that's why his boy never commented 1 way or the other. I kinda feel sorry for him (not really) if that's the case. ESPN had him on and everyone feeding off him having fun. The man just isn't right in the head. He really can't be that stupid and out of touch from reality to say the things he has publicly even if he does believe them (ie beating Jordan) unless he is just a little off.
No. He just thinks any publicity is good publicity and good for his kids "brand." What he doesn't realize is that he is such a headache to deal with that teams will have second thoughts about drafting his kid because they know daddy will be a major distraction.

"Realistically you can't win no championship with three white guys..."
This reminds me of the old Miller Light commercials with Leon.
Lavar says; Lonzo had no help from his slow white guys.
Interviewer says; so you don't think the fact that your son was owned by Fox had anything to do with the loss?
Lavar say; agin, Lonzo can't do evathing.

Can you imagine if a white dad said his sons debate team lost because they had 3 black kids on it? And then said everyone knows those black kids aren't smart enough to hang with the white kids. Same analogy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT