ADVERTISEMENT

Lavar Ball is a......

Great insight. Obviously, you're going for the marketing side of this, which I'll give him credit for. He's playing with house money. Problem is, he's writing checks with his mouth that his son may not be able to cash. You can't put a 500 price tag on a pair of shoes for a kid that's never played one game in the NBA and expect them to go flying off the shelves. I suspect they willl make great stocking stuffers and door jams for the ball family

BBB projecting to make Lonzo 2% of Brandon Ingram's Adidas deal from last year. Dude needs get away from his dad ASAP and offer HJ's to Nike exects for a second chance.

Lavar Ball is another loser who can't take care of himself, so he's going to live off his son.

I keep hearing about these players that need to go to the NBA so they can "take care of their families".

How about this novel concept, how about take care of yourself and quit worrying about getting rich off your sons talents?

Last edited:
Lavar Ball is another loser who can't take care of himself, so he's going to live off his son.

I keep hearing about these players that need to go to the NB so they can "take care of their families".

How about this novel concept, how about take care of yourself and quit worrying about getting rich off your son?

Judging from where the Balls live, he's definitely not living off his son. I've never heard what it is that he's done to earn money, but you don't live in an exclusive neighborhood in Chino Hills by not taking care of business.

Reactions: 1war
It's funny how life works. The guy says outrageous stuff and manages to get millions of dollars worth of free publicity. At this point it's obvious the brand is going to do well just based on hype alone.

I don't agree at all with the way he operates. Just my humble observation.

Last edited:

I keep hearing about these players that need to go to the NB so they can "take care of their families".

How about this novel concept, how about take care of yourself and quit worrying about getting rich off your son?
Agree.

I keep hearing about these players that need to go to the NBA so they can "take care of their families".

How about this novel concept, how about take care of yourself and quit worrying about getting rich off your sons talents?

He actually doesn't need to live off his sons. He's made a pretty good life for himself and his family. Have you ever seen their house? It's pretty damn nice.

He's actually going to cost his sons money cause nobody will want to work with them for fear of having to deal with Lavar. None of the big name show companies want anything to do with them.

Judging from where the Balls live, he's definitely not living off his son. I've never heard what it is that he's done to earn money, but you don't live in an exclusive neighborhood in Chino Hills by not taking care of business.
I wonder what he does now, I googled it to no avail

I really hope the Lakers don't pick him in spite of his dad.

Also, I can already imagine the trash his dad will talk next season which will put a target on his back...i look forward to watch kyrie, curry, wall, etc break his ankles

Reactions: lmhurst
He actually doesn't need to live off his sons. He's made a pretty good life for himself and his family. Have you ever seen their house? It's pretty damn nice.

He's actually going to cost his sons money cause nobody will want to work with them for fear of having to deal with Lavar. None of the big name show companies want anything to do with them.

I bet Lonzo ends up paying his Dad's house off.

Lavar Ball is an
140890892_0e14101cb5.jpg

He's sinking his son's draft stock as we speak. Genius? Try Parasite
No Ball is a top 5 pick and was always going to be.Now he is ruining his son's endoresment chances and also putting a big target on his back. The best part is going to be watching his dad implode as neither of the other kids are very good and neither will be anywhere near one and done and Lavar will go back to the back ground .

The second UCLA game was a showcase. D. Fox abused, embarrassed, and flat out played Lonzo. I
have nothing against him but funny in the locker room the first reporter asked about his future and he couldn't respond fast enough. I've played my last game for UCLA! I think psycho Dad had started getting in his head about then. Man they need to load him on a space ship and send him to Mars forever! I feel sorry for Lonzo and hope he plays as far away on a team as he can from his father!

It's funny how life works. The guy says outrageous stuff and manages to get millions of dollars worth of free publicity. At this point it's obvious the brand is going to do well just based on hype alone.

Come to think of it, there is a dude living @ 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, D.C. who pretty much used a similar strategy.... ;-)

I would love more than anything to see the Lakers take Fox instead of Ball. Talk about crushing the Ball family after his comments saying he was born to play for the Lakers and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Too expensive. And I guarantee the shoes will be low quality.
In five years, there will be threads asking "remember that Ball kid and his crazy dad? What happened to their shoe thing?"

genius. that is all
Actually there's a huge flaw in his marketing that got exposed today. Who buys kids their shoes? Women. They make up almost half the market for sports shoes purchased, almost all for non adults. What has Lavar Ball proven to be a dipsh!t towards. He got called out today that if he wants to be a mogul he's got to approach sporting goods the same way nike, under armour, Adidas do and that marketing to a broader appeal.

It's going to be funny when his dad tries to control his team contract negotiations.

The shoes are way over priced and I'm somewhat of a sneakerhead (especially retro 9 -13) . But in today's world hype sells. Add the "not everyone will have a pair" element. This first run is pre order only ( the way I read it) Maybe they are successful and/or Lonzo balls out. If so the secondary market will be be huge. Maybe they flop.

I'm not hating or hyping just pointing out what hype and perceived rarity of items creates. Look at the Kayne pop up stores for his clothing line and some of the prices on the secondary market.

I would quote you guys but my phone is not wanting to cooperate:joy:

That female reporter had trouble understanding his grade school lingo, also his tie didn't match the rest of his clothes, so you know he dressed himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT