ADVERTISEMENT

Lance Ware enters transfer portal

Wow he must’ve been really upset we didn’t get Dickinson…I kid. Smart decision for a likable young man. Being misranked as a high school prospect was not his fault. Being a good locker room guy and one of the few fighters the last couple years should be appreciated. While he’s not a UK level player, I hope he goes down a level or two closer to home and gets his shot to play.

This is the least hurt/bothered I've ever been by a kid transferring from UK. Why?
He really did give all he had, his heart every time he got on the court. It must be hard going from 12mpg to 6mpg to 9mpg, to probably less than that if he did return next year. When Clarke was lost, it seemed like it got to him the most. Naturally he wants his chance to shine, and due to his limitations, he wasn't going to get that at UK.

So as long as he doesn't go to a rival, I really hope Ware does well somewhere else.
I could see him going to a mid-tier P5 (like Rutgers or VaTech) and playing 20-24mpg, and putting up 8-9 pts and 7-8 reb, especially if he can get his FT%>50%.

calrows.png

By my count we currently have 7 scholarship players not counting the Canada technicality of being 1.
I think this assures us that we will get 2 "big guys" (PF/C), probably 1 of each (PF & C). Come on down Holland or the NDSU guy and I guess Oscar.

This is the least hurt/bothered I've ever been by a kid transferring from UK. Why?
He really did give all he had, his heart every time he got on the court. It must be hard going from 12mpg to 6mpg to 9mpg, to probably less than that if he did return next year. When Clarke was lost, it seemed like it got to him the most. Naturally he wants his chance to shine, and due to his limitations, he wasn't going to get that at UK.

So as long as he doesn't go to a rival, I really hope Ware does well somewhere else.
I could see him going to a mid-tier P5 (like Rutgers or VaTech) and playing 20-24mpg, and putting up 8-9 pts and 7-8 reb, especially if he can get his FT%>50%.
Wheeler for me. I actually like Lance. Even though he’s terrible, I like his effort and heart. I was not upset a bit Wheeler left. I was less upset about KB leaving actually.

Not if we don't get Oscar back.Then we are really screwed.
There are several guys in the Portal who are interested in UK and won't be surprised to see a player or two enter now Dickinson made his choice. Kentucky could also pivot and look at some other positions and play a different style of basketball. Realize I'm in the minority but I didn't want Dickinson and don't want Oscar back--for different reasons.

I just don't see how anything is screwed until June 1st. CBB players have to enter the Portal by a week from today. That includes players in the NBA Draft currently. If they don't like what they are hearing from NBA teams, but don't want to return to school they were at, they have to enter the Portal. So by this time next week, you will know the list of guys available. The NCAA allows coaches to go to the NBA Combine to watch their players but also recruit guys who are on the fence about NBA and in the Portal. May 14-21st to be exact. There's time to improve this team a great deal still.

Good move for him and the program. He always gave what he had, just didn't have much to give. Cal is close with him and "family" of Ware so his minutes often felt forced to me but wish him well wherever he ends up.

Good day so far IMO for Kentucky.
can understand this guy leaving. he just wants to play & honestly, he should never have been @ UK.
don't mind missing on Dickinson either. didn't think he was a good fit.
what does bother me is this dumb a.. supposed coach let the big kid go to Indiana, apparently hasn't reached out to the Utah Valley kid, and who knows is he has contacted the Nelson kid. All of this lack of activity even though there are glaring holes for a power forward, a center & a shooting guard. It is absolutely riduculous for the UK program to be held hostage while Livingston, Oscar & Reeves make their "business" decisions and ccc just sits and waits, twiddling his thumbs. He is a complete & total waste & embarrassment to the UK program and needs to pack up and leave.

ralphdalton........do you have any insight as to anyone that remains in the portal that UK has actually expressed interest in?

There are several guys in the Portal who are interested in UK and won't be surprised to see a player or two enter now Dickinson made his choice. Kentucky could also pivot and look at some other positions and play a different style of basketball. Realize I'm in the minority but I didn't want Dickinson and don't want Oscar back--for different reasons.

I just don't see how anything is screwed until June 1st. CBB players have to enter the Portal by a week from today. That includes players in the NBA Draft currently. If they don't like what they are hearing from NBA teams, but don't want to return to school they were at, they have to enter the Portal. So by this time next week, you will know the list of guys available. The NCAA allows coaches to go to the NBA Combine to watch their players but also recruit guys who are on the fence about NBA and in the Portal. May 14-21st to be exact. There's time to improve this team a great deal still.
I wouldn't trust Cal to do any of that.His bitch boy Tucker already put out it's Oscar,Reeves and the freshmen.

as much as I have enjoyed Oscar the past 2 years, I believe it is time for him to move on as well. Last year he wasn't the same Oscar as the prior year. He openly criticized his teammates & the constant yelling of the coach. I agree that all of that yelling and jerking kids out of the game for missing a shot or rebound hurts their confidence. But to me, Oscar just didn't seem to have the same drive as his 1st year. Granted, his rebounding will be missed, but other aspects of his game will not

In no way, shape or form do we want Ware getting significant minutes at UK. If he was on the floor a lot then the season is a wash. Hope the kid achieves his dreams. He’s not what we need to make a run at a championship.

Reactions: Rockfly78
I wouldn't trust Cal to do any of that.His bitch boy Tucker already put out it's Oscar,Reeves and the freshmen.
if that is true, it would be unfortunate. There are better players available than both, plus there is still no one to play the forward position opposite of Edwards. NO, Bradshaw is not that player either, regardless of what he or his squadron believe

as much as I have enjoyed Oscar the past 2 years, I believe it is time for him to move on as well. Last year he wasn't the same Oscar as the prior year. He openly criticized his teammates & the constant yelling of the coach. I agree that all of that yelling and jerking kids out of the game for missing a shot or rebound hurts their confidence. But to me, Oscar just didn't seem to have the same drive as his 1st year. Granted, his rebounding will be missed, but other aspects of his game will not
not now you don't move on. Oscar is absolutely necessary at this point.

Also I gotta disagree. Oscar performed great last year. The team as a whole was not as good as the previous year. How many times did O carry us on his back? a lot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT