ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar Thomas

Apr 22, 2016
Was he the main recruiter for the 3/4 star receiver that just committed out of Fla? A Louisville fan I work with said that Thomas has yet to bring a player into the program, but I thought Thomas was the main recruiter for Clevan Thomas? He claims they let go of Thomas because he wasn't doing his job at Louisville

Yeah, he wasn't doing his job.

That's why he brought in their best QB since Bridgewater.

Loserville fans are just in denial.

Reactions: BigBoyBlueMMA
the kid is from Miami, can't imagine anyone else on the staff being his contact than Lamar

UL fan just can't stand Coach Thomas dumping them for us 2 days prior to signing day. Just refuses to face that it happen, so they invent stories of him about to be fired, of Bobby's son who was a college QB was the REAL wr coach. a

ny UL fan who lips off about Thomas you just need to show them the picture of him sitting with UL recruits at a UL basketball game 1 day before UK hired him, a Saturday night. Pretty foolish to have a coach you are about to fire be right there with recruits on a recruiting weekend.

You people are all in denial. Bobby coaches everything. The assistant coaches are there simply so that schools like Bama don't come knocking for the HC who can do it all. Brilliant, I say. BRILLIANT!

Pretty sure Clint Hurt brought teddy to Louisville

Bridgewater went to UL because Richt and Bobo missed their evaluation on qbs that year. They were all in on Christian Lemay out of NC, Bridgewater said he would commit if an offer came, it didn't, we signed Lemay who never played a real snap and passed on Bridgewater. Richt recruited some good qbs, but he had some major misses, about 5 years in a row and why we had to play Lambert last year. He did the same think with Ramsey, recruited him and didn't offer Deshawn Watson until after Ramsey committed. Probably the main reason Richt was let go in the end was qb misses.

Reactions: Levibooty
When you going to balls up and at least admit you are a UL fan?

I am sure people will let you hang around and post foolishness.
So is you speak the truth and don't simply go by the party line that Stoops stole Thomas away from UofL that makes you a troll? Nice to learn these things.

Bridgewater went to UL because Richt and Bobo missed their evaluation on qbs that year. They were all in on Christian Lemay out of NC, Bridgewater said he would commit if an offer came, it didn't, we signed Lemay who never played a real snap and passed on Bridgewater. Richt recruited some good qbs, but he had some major misses, about 5 years in a row and why we had to play Lambert last year. He did the same think with Ramsey, recruited him and didn't offer Deshawn Watson until after Ramsey committed. Probably the main reason Richt was let go in the end was qb misses.
LSU and Miami also missed out on him by either taking other QB's over him or recruiting him as a DB if you believe some of the web sites.

Lamar Thomas was getting ready to be let go by Louisville. He simple didn't want to put in the time that Petrino demands of all his coaches

You sound like Jody Demling. This statement is not supported by anything of substance (literally, nothing supports it).

Lol, a coach who's not willing to work for his pay, but by all accounts, has been a hard worker at Kentucky, and even likes to go the extra mile in speaking with the fan base as much as possible. Hilariously bad take.

So is you speak the truth and don't simply go by the party line that Stoops stole Thomas away from UofL that makes you a troll? Nice to learn these things.

No, really doesn't have anything to do with Stoops stealing him from UL. Thomas didn't want to be on a one year contract, which is how Petrino operates...he also didn't like Petrino. There is a reason Petrino had to hire his son and another graduate assistant to big boy positions...not many like working for him.

Me calling you a UL fan is because, you are a UL fan. There has been plenty to be critical of UK football, Stoops/Joker in this recent stretch - so being critical definitely doesn't make people UL fans...but it is easy to tell that you are one. That is fine - but post as one.

Lamar Thomas was getting ready to be let go by Louisville. He simple didn't want to put in the time that Petrino demands of all his coaches
Petrino & UL are pretty stupid to have Thomas shepherding recruits around the weekend before signing day if he was going to be fired any second. Is that the situation, ul is very stupid? Or is the story he was about to be fired a lie?

It is one or the other, both can't be true

For those of you who don't know who notch8 is, he's a poster on the UL Scout board who made a post over there bragging about posing as a UK fan and trolling over here under multiple username's. homerblue was one of those. He really sucks at it. I usually sniff him out after his 1st post, but he thinks he's pulling the wool over our eyes. [laughing]

Petrino & UL are pretty stupid to have Thomas shepherding recruits around the weekend before signing day if he was going to be fired any second. Is that the situation, ul is very stupid? Or is the story he was about to be fired a lie?

Or maybe Thomas saw the opportunity to "expand his coaching resume" and go work for Stoops and Gran?

Regardless, I heard from a pretty good source in November that Thomas would likely not be back for the 2016 season. UK fans and players seem to be happy he is there and UofL fans and players are not crying about the loss. Maybe one of those rare "Win-Win" situations.

Peace

Last edited:
UofL fans and players are not crying about the loss. Maybe one of those rare "Win-Win" situations.

Lamar Jackson still talks to Thomas regularly, and misses him. At least that's what he says when he calls to complain about Petrino being a prick and how he can't wait to get out of Louisville.

Or maybe Thomas saw the opportunity to "expand his coaching resume" and go work for Stoops and Gran?

Regardless, I heard from a pretty good source in November that Thomas would likely not be back for the 2016 season. UK fans and players seem to be happy he is there and UofL fans and players are not crying about the loss. Maybe one of those rare "Win-Win" situations.

Peace

Very seldom is a win-win actually a win-win.

From what I can gather it was very much a win-win type situation. Petrino is the prick to work for many describe. He expects coaches to work all day everyday during the season and damn near all day everyday outside the season. Thomas was more of the type that wanted his family time daily, which is completely understandable. In the end it would appear this was just a case of two guys who werent on the same page. Now to boot I think Petrino made his life hell once it was decided he wouldnt come back (last year, ie naming your wet behind the ears son as acting WR coach). But thats what you would come to expect from Petrino at this point.

For those of you who don't know who notch8 is, he's a poster on the UL Scout board who made a post over there bragging about posing as a UK fan and trolling over here under multiple username's. homerblue was one of those. He really sucks at it. I usually sniff him out after his 1st post, but he thinks he's pulling the wool over our eyes. [laughing]
He's also on the Louisville Rivals board, using the same ID as here, and making fun of the UK fanbase.

This

Nick Petrino, 23, a sometime undergraduate assistant coach on the University of Arkansas football team, had been scheduled for trial on a drug possession and DWI charges filed last July in Huntingburg, Ind.

When I checked in with the Indiana court today, I learned that a plea bargain had been struck in the case in February. He entered guilty pleas to two charges and four others were dropped. The guilty pleas:

* Misdemeanor possession of marijuana. Judgment of conviction was withheld and he was given a probationary sentence. Successful completion of probation would allow his record to be cleared.

* Misdemeanor operation of a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He received a 60-day suspended sentence, a year's probation, $441 in fines, costs and fees and 60 days of community service.

Dismissed were these charges: felony possession of a drug similar to oxycodone, possession of drug paraphernalia, operating a vehicle under influence of drugs and endangering someone while driving intoxicated. He was arrested while driving erratically in Indiana, about 75 miles from Louisville, where he went to high school.

Great hire win win.

Peace

There were a number of UL players who were upset that he left. What are your sources?

Peace
Like I said.

UL fans are in denial.

This post proves that.

Reactions: JHB4UK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT