ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Cats

Another Barney failure. Somebody tells me something he has done well. Women's Volleyball, Gymnastics, any men's sports?
He has definitely made mistakes (Elzy being one). It’s not so much the hires for me as every AD with the longevity of Mitch will make bad hires…it’s some of the contract decisions that are bad. For example, Cal was a good hire. His 10 year extension and buy out was not a good decision. On the mens side, he’s made some really good hires:

Football
Soccer
Tennis
Baseball - Mangione has been up and down, but in 6 years, UK has gone to the Super Regional twice. The only 2 times in their history.

On the women’s side, he’s made some really good hires:

Softball
Track and Field
Volleyball
Swimming and Diving
Golf

Another Barney failure. Somebody tells me something he has done well. Women's Volleyball, Gymnastics, any men's sports?
Who has made all perfect hires? What AD, what General Manager? Name one. Y’all are utterly clueless as to how this works.

Who has made all perfect hires? What AD, what General Manager? Name one. Y’all are utterly clueless as to how this works.
I was Comptroller at the largest Health Insurer in the US. I am also a CPA and probably made 100 plus hires over my working career. When I retired I had over 200 indirect reports and 20 Managers reporting to me. I can tell you if I did my job with the results of our AD I would have been submitting resumes. He should be fired for Cal's contract alone. So do not tell me I am clueless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT