ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker- Why is he such a bully?

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
I really want to know if he’s ok? Like is there some issue with him that I missed? He’s a fantastic writer. His podcasts and interviews show him to be a kind guy, but man he’s just a hateful man on Twitter. And it’s really hypocritical how he goes after people by calling them awful names, but no depth behind it.

I don’t like Trump, so this isn’t about his politics. I’ve never seen someone be so mean spirited. I mean all he does is use name calling and cussing on Twitter. It’s only conservative Christians he goes after...I’m sure it goes back to where he grew up and proving those people wrong.

But the man is a bully...which seems appropriate that he associates with Rex. As a left leaning person myself, Rex and Kyle don't represent us.

He may be too much of a narcissist to admit it, or it may be an act....but he’s part of the reason society is so divided. He always goes on rants against people he disagrees with, but is silent when it’s his own side. Someone like him can just bully and attack people behind a keyboard with a big following, and not realize the poor example he sets.

Hopefully one day he can get the mental health treatment and won’t do harm to himself or his family. Hes a big part of BBN with his great writing, but man he needs to get help.

I’m not sure he’s a bully. He’s probably sick of all the madness by extremists. NO he doesn’t hate evangelicals. He hates hypocrisy. He’s a good guy

Reactions: ShoesSwayedBlue
Is he calling out hypocrisy?
200.gif

It's just like Sarah Silverman said, I can say anything I want because I'm a liberal. That's their logic. They only have first amendment rights so when it comes to him he can say or do anything he wants because of being a liberal. Being a bully is ok because his views are the right ones. Don't confuse it anymore there is only one viewpoint and it's theirs anything is else is just a long list of things like racist and homophobic.

It's just like Sarah Silverman said, I can say anything I want because I'm a liberal. That's their logic. They only have first amendment rights so when it comes to him he can say or do anything he wants because of being a liberal. Being a bully is ok because his views are the right ones. Don't confuse it anymore there is only one viewpoint and it's theirs anything is else is just a long list of things like racist and homophobic.
And as a person on the left, that’s what frustrates me about our side.

Matt Jones, I’m not his biggest fan, but when it comes to politics he’s very respectful to both sides of the aisle. He’ll call out a Dem and a GOP person.

Kyle is like a Sean Hannity or Clay Travis....he’ll never tweet anything bad about someone he likes. And then will only share something bad if a Conservative does...and basically doing it to say “hey look at me, I’m smarter and morally superior to you rednecks”

And it’s the words he uses....he dehumanizes people if they make one mistake. Or if people make decisions they don’t like...like MLB playing the season....he just rants about them everyday how they’re destroying the world....yet the NBA are the best people alive and made perfect decisions!

Reactions: OldEvilleCat
Tucker isn't a great or nice person by any stretch. He's someone who thinks he's the sharpest guy in the room but he just has the loudest platform. Why anyone follows him is beyond me.

Is there any large active fanbase more cursed with unlikable people covering their sports?

He's probably the best UK beat writer in my lifetime, and I'm not young enough for that to be a low bar. He's really good at his job. But I've noticed the same thing as the OP. He gets really invested in politics, and unfortunately is one of those folks that thinks the extremists on the other side are representative of that whole side (while the extremists on his side are fringe and should be ignored). Once you get there....if everyone on the other side is a nazi, racist, uneducated, fill in the blank.....well, of course you unload both barrels at the slightest provocation, because the person you're dealing with no doubt deserves it. This is where America is in 2021. Social media, by the way, is the root cause - or at least the most significant contributing factor.

He's probably the best UK beat writer in my lifetime, and I'm not young enough for that to be a low bar. He's really good at his job. But I've noticed the same thing as the OP. He gets really invested in politics, and unfortunately is one of those folks that thinks the extremists on the other side are representative of that whole side (while the extremists on his side are fringe and should be ignored). Once you get there....if everyone on the other side is a nazi, racist, uneducated, fill in the blank.....well, of course you unload both barrels at the slightest provocation, because the person you're dealing with no doubt deserves it. This is where America is in 2021. Social media, by the way, is the root cause - or at least the most significant contributing factor.
Bingo.

Can u find that tweet? I’ve looked for it
I think he ended up deleting it after Rowland busted him out. He kept going on and on just trying to bait Rowland into a Twitter war for not being at the game...finally JR said he’s at a funeral.

Of course Kyle tried a fake apology and wanted everyone to know that’s not who he is....because you know...he’s not the type of person to judge someone for 1 mistake.

And as a liberal, Kyle Tucker isn’t a liberal. He’s just caught up with kissing up to the powerful and trendy. Pretty much just looking for what’s popular in mainstream culture and media and latching onto it.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
He is an insufferable virtue signaler. Vomit inducing.

As a sportswriter, he is very good. Honestly though, his hypocrisy and wokeness makes him not worth the time to read or listen to.
He keeps politics out of his articles.

But the issue for me is just the disdain he has for the BBN. Rex and Kyle hate the people that consume their content. My politics are that the poor need a helping hand up, but if that’s not your cup of tea I’m not gonna hate you. We need dual points of view.

But it’s just funny how he runs down everything about the people that have given him his platform...

I was ambivalent to Kyle Tucker before this thread but now I’m a big fan

Kyle Tucker sucks as a human being and is just a weird dude. He can be "normal" on twitter and then immediately go off the deep end. Kinda feel like he didn't have many friends growing up and now has his small platform and he's using it trying to overcompensate for something.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Leftists, not to be confused with classical liberals, are the most hate filled people on the planet.
I can agree.

Liberals, like me, we just want everyone to have a better life. More funding for schools and better healthcare. I’m not here to police beliefs or change society.

Kyle is kinda the textbook millennial college wannabe academic. He really doesn’t have formed political views, he just parrots what he thinks is socially acceptable from certain account he thinks are the mainstream opinion. He also was probably a smart kid growing up and he uses Twitter to “get back” at those mean rednecks that didn’t take him seriously growing up.

Most sports media are extremely thin skinned, but this guy is an all timer. Since he writes for a site with a paywall and he blocked me on twitter, I don't miss the guy at all. And he's probably blocked thousands on twitter, who are potential readers. I guess his bosses at the athletic are ok with it.

Reactions: awf and Cawood86
Most sports media are extremely thin skinned, but this guy is an all timer. Since he writes for a site with a paywall and he blocked me on twitter, I don't miss the guy at all. And he's probably blocked thousands on twitter, who are potential readers. I guess his bosses at the athletic are ok with it.
This. The reporters that are the most critical seem to have the thinnest skin.

This. The reporters that are the most critical seem to have the thinnest skin.
In the age of social, reporters are no longer the “gate keepers” of the news.

They used to tell us the story and were the only ones...

Well then the internet changed that and they lost influence. But in their heads, they were taught they are the most important people alive. They believe that when they say something, any dissent is an attack on their freedom.

They started to tweet their opinions...then face critiques from their readers/viewers. They don’t like it one bit. They write a story about someone...now that person can get their own message out without a middle man.

They’re losing what they had and they’re bitter.

Reactions: gobigbluebell

Well then the internet changed that and they lost influence. But in their heads, they were taught they are the most important people alive. They believe that when they say something, any dissent is an attack on their freedom.

They started to tweet their opinions...then face critiques from their readers/viewers. They don’t like it one bit. They write a story about someone...now that person can get their own message out without a middle man.

ESPN turned anchors into “celebrities “.

He's a big nerd who probably spent his entire formative years getting stuffed into lockers by "rednecks."

Twitter is his high school do-over.

Another thing I noticed...

Kyle whined all summer about the NCAA, MLB, and NFL playing games. Kept calling those sports disasters, while d-riding the NBA.

He’s currently silent about the NBA. Proof he’s just a fraud trying to suck up and get an NBA writing or analyst job.

He has the look of that white guy who is probably racist, but tries to hide it by siding with certain things on Twitter. Just loving the NBA culture and succing-up to them is just typical...

Bingo.

They still gotta make money, though. So, I understand that part. Gotta play the game.

He’s a jerk. I will say he’s *probably* a good person who isn’t easy to get along with. Likes to piss people off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT