ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker calling it quits. WCS story was his last story.

1 day away from you saying our Football teams sucks, the players suck, etc....nonstop until we are about to win and then POOF you'll vanish. Then you get an entire season to do the same thing and cripple the basketball game threads under Pope.

Shocked that someone would block you........... :rolleyes:
First time the football team gives up a FG tonight they will be the worst team ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Yes it's unreal how people who 20 years ago didn't give a rats ass about politics, but now it totally consumes their every thought. So much so that a guy retiring from a job completely unrelated to politics is somehow a chance for these clowns to inject politics.

Good luck to the guy. He was a wimp when it came to taking public criticism and for a while was a Cal butt hugger, but he still dedicated his life to covering UK sports. Gotta at least give him that.
I agree
we can all remember when sports writers and sports radio hosts would push sports and not their political views, then ban or block anyone that disagrees

i go to sports forums to talk sports
i go to political forums to talk politics

Whether one agreed with Kyle's politics or not, the UK beat definitely took a large hit with him leaving.

There is a need for fan media like KSR, Rivals, Sea of Blue, etc. but I would argue there is an even bigger need for legitimate journalism with actual craft. Kyle's writing could be a little flowery to my taste at times, but he was absolutely a legitimate writer who could craft a sentence and if he said something as fact in his articles, it could be taken as fact.

For the last little bit it felt like him and Matt Jones (and JR when it came to football) were the only ones especially plugged in.

I'll miss his perspective on the team.

Is it just me or does it seem like recently they have empty phone lines quite often. At one point you couldn't hardly get into the show but I have noticed that this summer, and even since Matt has been back, when they say to go to the phone lines Shannon or Rick will say they don't have anyone waiting on hold.
The show has gotten less and less call-in driven over the years, you used to have a cast of characters who called in regularly. Now it's more that they'll have certain planned segments where they want to get people's opinions on some specific topic. Makes sense that people quit calling just for whatever reason if they're going to sit on hold forever, or be discouraged from talking about whatever nonsense they have in mind (and Matt is not very patient with callers). It's more of a "listen to Matt and crew discuss things, have some interviews and guests, occasionally take some calls on "what do you think about topic x?"

Reactions: Fox2monk
He blocked me years ago so I haven't seen or read anything of his in a while. He is the biggest whiny ass crybaby on the planet but when he stuck to just writing and covering basketball he was excellent. He has some serious anger issues, hope he gets those addressed in whatever he does next.
Same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT