ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker calling it quits. WCS story was his last story.

He blocked me years ago so I haven't seen or read anything of his in a while. He is the biggest whiny ass crybaby on the planet but when he stuck to just writing and covering basketball he was excellent. He has some serious anger issues, hope he gets those addressed in whatever he does next.

Reactions: rwbloomjr
vadnais-heights-minnesota-now-hiring-sign-at-chipolte-mexican-grill-with-incentives-2G4J4CA.jpg

And immediately politics. SMH.

Tucker has always been very good at covering UK Sports, albeit a little grumpy from time to time. He wasn't afraid to go after Cal in the last couple of years either (when it was needed). Gonna miss him a bit.

But maybe this is a good thing, Pope basically gets a fresh start with new media members as well (minus KSR and a few others).

No one believes the press. They have themselves to thank for all the fake new. Once politics ruled the forth estate, they were doomed.

Many many reasons involved. In this instance I’d say he got offered better money with less travel. That lifestyle seems like it would be fun but I’d bet it gets real old real quick.

Reactions: NociHTTP
He blocked me years ago so I haven't seen or read anything of his in a while. He is the biggest whiny ass crybaby on the planet but when he stuck to just writing and covering basketball he was excellent. He has some serious anger issues, hope he gets those addressed in whatever he does next.
Kyle and his family are dealing with some tough issues I won’t go into. I think it best to send good thoughts his way.

But maybe this is a good thing, Pope basically gets a fresh start with new media members as well (minus KSR and a few others).
Is it just me or does it seem like recently they have empty phone lines quite often. At one point you couldn't hardly get into the show but I have noticed that this summer, and even since Matt has been back, when they say to go to the phone lines Shannon or Rick will say they don't have anyone waiting on hold.

Is it just me or does it seem like recently they have empty phone lines quite often. At one point you couldn't hardly get into the show but I have noticed that this summer, and even since Matt has been back, when they say to go to the phone lines Shannon or Rick will say they don't have anyone waiting on hold.
Their show has become very very boring. Same shtick that’s no longer funny.

Dead season. Once football gets rolling it will pick up.

Dead season. Once football gets rolling it will pick up.
I can get the off season or even when Matt was in Europe but I think it was last week that he asked Rick for the next caller and Rick told him they didn't have anyone waiting. Then this week Drew asked Shannon and he said the same thing. Football starts tomorrow so you would think people would already be getting pumped up for it.

I can get the off season or even when Matt was in Europe but I think it was last week that he asked Rick for the next caller and Rick told him they didn't have anyone waiting. Then this week Drew asked Shannon and he said the same thing. Football starts tomorrow so you would think people would already be getting pumped up for it.
The way the season ended last year kinda has us where we were in basketball last season. It's put up time for Stoops.
The "pony up" comments, the A&M "I wasn't leaving but I was" ordeal, the insanely hard schedule, has put a damper on the season a bit. If we come out this weekend and look crisp and dominate the cupcakes like we should (30 points wins) then you'll see the hype build a bit.

I listen to the podcast and rarely get to listen live, but whenever someone calls they are put on hold for a LOOOONG time and when they get the opportunity to talk, if it's a subject Matt doesn't like, they are cut off QUICK!! Even if it is something that is relevant to the conversation, Matt will STILL cut them off even when what they say is interesting if he doesn't like it.

Then he will go ON AND ON about something leaving the caller a short amount of time to ask a question or make a comment. So that's why only the regulars call in now. They are used to Matt, so they aren't offended by him when he cuts them off.

Callers were actually given WAAAYYY MORE airtime while Matt was gone.

The way the season ended last year kinda has us where we were in basketball last season. It's put up time for Stoops.
The "pony up" comments, the A&M "I wasn't leaving but I was" ordeal, the insanely hard schedule, has put a damper on the season a bit. If we come out this weekend and look crisp and dominate the cupcakes like we should (30 points wins) then you'll see the hype build a bit.
You may be right. I just don't recall ever hearing them have no callers this often. It makes me wonder if the shine has worn off the new penny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT