ADVERTISEMENT

Kuminga working hard academically to reclass to 2020

Corey Evans-Jonathan Kuminga is expected to release his final school list in the coming weeks and the option of reclassification into 2020 remains on the backburner.
While many expect for Kuminga to be on a college campus in the fall, the latest that I have heard is that he would actually prefer to complete his high school career as a member of the 2021 class. Whether that actually holds up remains to be seen, just as who the actual suitors are for his commitment.

https://basketballrecruiting.n.riva...uesday-jonathan-kuminga-uk-mid-major-recruits

Reactions: RunninRichie
If the dude has his hand out, he will go to Duke, IMHO.

Hope he goes to Texas Tech if he doesn’t come here (and he won’t).

Definitely do not want to see him at Auburn.

I didn’t even think of that. These guys very well COULD reclass then jump right into the G League. Damn, hadn’t even thought of that.

It's always felt like one of those recruitments, if that makes sense. Cisse too, to a lesser extent.

Guys like that can definitely shift the balance of power next year. If we aren't getting them, I hope they go pro.

I would love to hear that not only is his hand out, but that UK is landing him. Would say a lot about how UK is ready to take the necessary step forward.

Plus, it would be nice to see him in a UK uniform for a season instead of reading about our fans whining about him playing at Duke like they did when Zion went there.

He's not working on reclassing to go pro. Also any idiot with wifi can reclass via computer these days.

Right. I’m just saying I hadn’t even thought of the possibility of kids reclassing to go pro/join the G league. If these G league contracts stay similar to what we’ve heard then more will start doing this.

Could we see a mix tape of him studying ? like library shots ? the way he opens and closes a text book , or uses a #2 lead pencil to fill in the little circles on an answer sheet ? I'm pumped .. dont forget to add music that makes your skin crawl !

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
But does the G League care about his academic status? I might be out of the loop, but I don't see why they would.

for this developmental program you have to be 18 or have graduated high school. Kuminga doesn’t turn 18 until September or October so he would have to graduate to be eligible to go.

for this developmental program you have to be 18 or have graduated high school. Kuminga doesn’t turn 18 until September or October so he would have to graduate to be eligible to go.
Interesting. Sounds like their PR people trying to avoid bad optics.

Who know what any of it means, but see some evidence below. Kuminga definetly likes Kentucky. You can't say we have no shot because we do.

John Wall greets Kuminga prior to Kentucky's upset of Michigan State
EIqXn0wXYAE8y7Z.jpg

Kuminga posts Tik-Tok video doing the John Wall Dance and look what he typed in the video description as it plays "6'-8" from Kentucky Jonathan Kuminga!"

Kuminga meets Wall after the game in the UK locker room
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/mai...kentucky-locker-room-includes-uk-in-list-cut/

Kuminga goes off in front of John Wall, at Wall's holiday basketball invitational

Kuminga does the John Wall Dance and poses with UK basketball graphic and says "This might be me one day"
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bas...th-kentucky-graphic-this-might-be-me-one-day/

Lots of NBA players check out high school recruits games, Lebron does it all the time. The last time John Wall visited a recruit so much that recruit was De'Aaron Fox who signed with Kentucky
NeaF-Y8PgA8g1mFZEsPYMn8PHge-lXZvb_Tjqw_LO0clYW8SY9AYOpWSjMitY0iWRCYYjfjgoNB-BJk_0ctKh3l_kSkLh1ic8D1aL2IdwUuRsVR3opk5K0TA-4VWgW3iHLJeXG_RFB0pA2guKA

Who know what any of it means, but see some evidence below. Kuminga definetly likes Kentucky. You can't say we have no shot because we do.

EIqXn0wXYAE8y7Z.jpg

Kuminga posts Tik-Tok video doing the John Wall Dance and look what he typed in the video description as it plays "6'-8" from Kentucky Jonathan Kuminga!"

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/mai...kentucky-locker-room-includes-uk-in-list-cut/

Kuminga goes off in front of John Wall, at Wall's holiday basketball invitational

Kuminga does the John Wall Dance and poses with UK basketball graphic and says "This might be me one day"
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bas...th-kentucky-graphic-this-might-be-me-one-day/

Lots of NBA players check out high school recruits games, Lebron does it all the time. The last time John Wall visited a recruit so much that recruit was De'Aaron Fox who signed with Kentucky
NeaF-Y8PgA8g1mFZEsPYMn8PHge-lXZvb_Tjqw_LO0clYW8SY9AYOpWSjMitY0iWRCYYjfjgoNB-BJk_0ctKh3l_kSkLh1ic8D1aL2IdwUuRsVR3opk5K0TA-4VWgW3iHLJeXG_RFB0pA2guKA
Breaking news: Top HS Bball Player likes Allstar NBA player

just kidding, but dont get our hopes up

Reactions: JerseyCat84

EIqXn0wXYAE8y7Z.jpg

My rebuttal:

Why did Keion Brooks return? I see no scenario that he starts if JK comes here. Surely he is not content coming off the bench again? I mean, we released a press release celebrating his return. That sounds like another guy who already sees himself as a draft worthy player, not one who would be content taking a back seat to 3 stud freshmen. Only scenario that KB starts alongside those 3 is if Clarke is going to run point. But then where does that leave Askew and Mintz?

I just don’t see this being a realistic option.

My rebuttal:

Why did Keion Brooks return? I see no scenario that he starts if JK comes here. Surely he is not content coming off the bench again? I mean, we released a press release celebrating his return. That sounds like another guy who already sees himself as a draft worthy player, not one who would be content taking a back seat to 3 stud freshmen. Only scenario that KB starts alongside those 3 is if Clarke is going to run point. But then where does that leave Askew and Mintz?

I just don’t see this being a realistic option.

He returned because he was not in draft contention on any draft boards. He listened to good advice unlike EJ

The rest of it is up to Cal. Its his job to figure it all out. Whoever earns the spot gets it, as always.

If the dude has his hand out, he will go to Duke, IMHO.

Hope he goes to Texas Tech if he doesn’t come here (and he won’t).

Definitely do not want to see him at Auburn.
I hate duke with a passion, and texas tech flops even more than duke, I don't like them either for that reason. When I saw this guy play against other elite players he did not look that good. He did not play hard at all and looked like he didn't even want to be on the floor playing.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
If he’s working hard then Duke’s out.
Don’t have to do shit there but move your family into a big house.

Corey Evans-Jonathan Kuminga is expected to release his final school list in the coming weeks and the option of reclassification into 2020 remains on the backburner.
While many expect for Kuminga to be on a college campus in the fall, the latest that I have heard is that he would actually prefer to complete his high school career as a member of the 2021 class. Whether that actually holds up remains to be seen, just as who the actual suitors are for his commitment.

https://basketballrecruiting.n.riva...uesday-jonathan-kuminga-uk-mid-major-recruits

Yeah- this is certainly the message being touted from camp Kuminga. But many on the trail don’t believe it, or are trying to convince differently.
If he graduates, I expect g-league. But I still can’t figure out their eligibility/age requirements.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT