ADVERTISEMENT

KU message board getting hot on the trail.

But an attorney in the federal fraud trial this week said KU, months before Girod’s statement, had found evidence of questionable wire transfers to the mother of then-KU basketball player Billy Preston

That should end the case of plausible deniability. Like a wise man on here repeated over and over and over again

Should be the nail in the coffin
What more does the ncaa need
Wires were discovered by gassnola to Preston’s mom prior to sds. They can’t play stupid when they knew gassnola paid Preston

Please let there be a god

PJshai69!

NCAA needs to take out Self's magic slippers to keep him from getting off on this one, but they won't.

giphy.gif

Outside of Pitino who had multiple moving parts to his scandal, I think the days of losing a coach over violations are gone if the school chooses to do so. It’s a bad look for college sports too, it gives the appearance that schools/ncaa/coaches don’t have a problem with cheating. I think most schools don’t have a problem with cheating, they just want to maintain their status for financial reasons. That disgusts fans as we want rules and a level playing field to see who’s the best, there’s a conflict of interest between the two.

Kentucky does care about playing by the rules because our A.D. has strong religious beliefs. I don’t worry about scandals while he’s here, don’t make this a Mitch debate as I’m just referencing his role in keeping UK out of the scandals. Hopefully we stay out of trouble when he is replaced, I don’t want to go through what other programs are right now.

So schools now value high profile coaches over potential penalties, the penalties aren’t harsh enough or enforced enough to warrant a change. Unless a better coach was currently available, then the school would Self servingly act quickly. I prefer the days of canning the entire staff to avoid significant sanctions, you can’t have compliance without consequences. College basketball has no consequences and not surprisingly it has very little compliance. So before we blame everybody but the ncaa, it starts with them not doing their job properly.

I'm not sure if it's Barneys religiosity, or indifference, but okay, go with that. The Uncaa doesn't need plausible deniability, it's not a court. They can just wave a big eff yew finger to its members like they did with Uncheat. Or they can retro-actively s#$%can a team's season for playing someone they cleared to play months earlier. To expect a self governing enterprise to obey its own rules, even if it means hurting that entity is sheer naivity. Especially when it's located in Indiana,(the Cloaca Maxima of the US) And led by an ass wipe like Emmett, is the rankest folly.

Kentucky does care about playing by the rules because our A.D. has strong religious beliefs.

I’m religious and consider that an important factor in my life and still find this statement utterly ridiculous.

When Pat Robertson is speaking out against holding countries accountable for murdering journalists critical of them because it could endanger lucrative arms deals, you know the religious establishment doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Doesn’t mean your AD isn’t a moral man, but color me skeptical that avowing religious beliefs suffices for strength of character.

And yes, I’m a Kansas fan, and realize we don’t have a toe let alone to stand on right now.

Reactions: sk73
I’m religious and consider that an important factor in my life and still find this statement utterly ridiculous.

When Pat Robertson is speaking out against holding countries accountable for murdering journalists critical of them because it could endanger lucrative arms deals, you know the religious establishment doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Doesn’t mean your AD isn’t a moral man, but color me skeptical that avowing religious beliefs suffices for strength of character.

And yes, I’m a Kansas fan, and realize we don’t have a toe let alone to stand on right now.

We care what you think.

What happens to Bill Self?

Why can Self deny any wrong doing (pending proof) and skate away with nothing more said, but Bruce Pearl can deny a BBQ chicken leg party and gets crucified by the NCAA and all the media? Coaches are definitely not on a level playing field. Cal would be banned for life from coaching if it was him in Self's shoes.

Outside of Pitino who had multiple moving parts to his scandal, I think the days of losing a coach over violations are gone if the school chooses to do so. It’s a bad look for college sports too, it gives the appearance that schools/ncaa/coaches don’t have a problem with cheating. I think most schools don’t have a problem with cheating, they just want to maintain their status for financial reasons. That disgusts fans as we want rules and a level playing field to see who’s the best, there’s a conflict of interest between the two.

Kentucky does care about playing by the rules because our A.D. has strong religious beliefs. I don’t worry about scandals while he’s here, don’t make this a Mitch debate as I’m just referencing his role in keeping UK out of the scandals. Hopefully we stay out of trouble when he is replaced, I don’t want to go through what other programs are right now.

So schools now value high profile coaches over potential penalties, the penalties aren’t harsh enough or enforced enough to warrant a change. Unless a better coach was currently available, then the school would Self servingly act quickly. I prefer the days of canning the entire staff to avoid significant sanctions, you can’t have compliance without consequences. College basketball has no consequences and not surprisingly it has very little compliance. So before we blame everybody but the ncaa, it starts with them not doing their job properly.

I think that too many teams have seen their programs tank after getting rid of coaches without the NCAA really forcing them to. The day the Urban Meyer scandal broke I posted on the Lair that there was no way OSU was firing him. Too much money at stake. The majority of fans care more about winning now than taking a chance of firing a proven coach and having to suffer through a decade of Tubby ball. It's a money thing.

Reactions: Xception
Why can Self deny any wrong doing (pending proof) and skate away with nothing more said, but Bruce Pearl can deny a BBQ chicken leg party and gets crucified by the NCAA and all the media? Coaches are definitely not on a level playing field. Cal would be banned for life from coaching if it was him in Self's shoes.
Really?! Really? You have to ask this?

BBQ is sacred!

Pardon my French. But what in the hell does Pat Robertson have to do with Kansas paying players?.... And besides what Pat Robertson is talking about is the fact that the United States can't afford to lose an ally like Saudi Arabia when you've got a bad actor like Iran that close by.

This thread raises the question if Self had a mediocre record or had really struggled the last 2-3 years would they hesitate to use this as an excuse to can him? My guess is no but his results will keep him

Can we please keep religion out of this discussion as it has less then zero to do with anything in these regards. I do think KU will skate though . The fact that Miller still has a job at Zona tells me KU will follow their lead and concern themselves with 1 thing and 1 thing only - winning . Now if Self was coming off a 12-20 season he would be gone yesterday.

Reactions: ConRay9

There’s false prophets and wolves in sheep’s clothing. There are religious people who adhere to their beliefs and I’m sorry but just because you saw Pat Robertson mess up one time doesn’t mean you can discount every religious person.

I shouldn’t even have to point this out, in fact I’m confident you would have edited your entire post given enough time.

What happens to Bill Self?

Everything is in play from nothing to getting fired. Would tend to guess nothing to light wrist slaps are more likely. People who can break the rules every day and go to work probably can withstand some public criticism.

There’s false prophets and wolves in sheep’s clothing. There are religious people who adhere to their beliefs and I’m sorry but just because you saw Pat Robertson mess up one time doesn’t mean you can discount every religious person.

I shouldn’t even have to point this out, in fact I’m confident you would have edited your entire post given enough time.

I think you’re mischaracterizing my post. I was responding to a poster claiming that UK wouldn’t cheat because your AD is religious. I was saying that there are religious people, there are moral people, and there is some degree of overlap, but not 100%. I didn’t say your AD was immoral because he’s religious, merely that that is somewhat flimsy evidence of morality.

Reactions: Snackbar1130
Pardon my French. But what in the hell does Pat Robertson have to do with Kansas paying players?.... And besides what Pat Robertson is talking about is the fact that the United States can't afford to lose an ally like Saudi Arabia when you've got a bad actor like Iran that close by.

So it’s ok to murder people as long as we sold them the guns?

Look, I know, someone has to make these hard choices, I guess I just wouldn’t expect a church leader to immediately dismiss the thought of sanctions because of the money we would lose in gun sales. If our big battle is for democracy, do we still win if our allies can murder journalists who disagree with them?

ADVERTISEMENT