ADVERTISEMENT

KU message board getting hot on the trail.

So it’s ok to murder people as long as we sold them the guns?

Look, I know, someone has to make these hard choices, I guess I just wouldn’t expect a church leader to immediately dismiss the thought of sanctions because of the money we would lose in gun sales. If our big battle is for democracy, do we still win if our allies can murder journalists who disagree with them?

What does it feel like to know your program is now confirmed to be as shitty and dirty as UNC and UL? We all knew it, but other than the 3-4 scandals a year that were swept under the rug, there wasn’t concrete proof put out in public.

What’s hilarious is that KU and Self pay these players to come there and all they do is create problems every year. Fights, beating women, driving around cars paid for by boosters, drugs....

Reactions: westerncat
I think you’re mischaracterizing my post. I was responding to a poster claiming that UK wouldn’t cheat because your AD is religious. I was saying that there are religious people, there are moral people, and there is some degree of overlap, but not 100%. I didn’t say your AD was immoral because he’s religious, merely that that is somewhat flimsy evidence of morality.
You would have to be familiar with a person to make a fair judgement and everything our A.D. has done or said has never veered from his faith. You might not even know who our A.D. is and even so certainly haven’t witnessed any of his actions over a lengthy tenure. So your all encompassing example is far less knowledgeable and lazy, anybody that follows UK athletics would know more on this subject.

Using someone’s religious beliefs as a testament to how they conduct themselves is more than enough if they’ve proven time and again by their actions. Your argument is the flimsy one, based on generalizations.

I’m religious and consider that an important factor in my life and still find this statement utterly ridiculous.

When Pat Robertson is speaking out against holding countries accountable for murdering journalists critical of them because it could endanger lucrative arms deals, you know the religious establishment doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Doesn’t mean your AD isn’t a moral man, but color me skeptical that avowing religious beliefs suffices for strength of character.

And yes, I’m a Kansas fan, and realize we don’t have a toe let alone to stand on right now.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
I want Kansas, Duke and Arizona to stop cheating their asses off..Keep your coach, play by the rules.....

ADVERTISEMENT