ADVERTISEMENT

KSR(pj) update

Nope don't blame him one bit . Literally we have morons acting like there is some conspiracy and / or PJ and his dad aren't Cats thru and thru. PJ is in a lot of pain . He needs a few more days to heal. Literally this is the most basic thing to understand. What is annoying is when PJ plays next thursday or friday the idiots won't say " damn I was such an idiot " or anything they will wait for the next thing to complain about or make another conspiracy theory . UK has amazing fans and most of this board is great but the minority of morons make alot of damn noise and people hear it . But that is another part of why Cal says UK isn't for everyone . You have to have thick skin and realize the bigger the fan base the bigger the amount of trolls and dumbasses as well.
Everytime we have a player that is injured this board usually post a lot of threads with a bunch of reckless speculation and theories . It’s definitely annoying .

Quote from PJ’s dad in the article commenting on people saying PJ is not playing to protect his draft stock.

Paul Sr. thinks that’s ridiculous, adding that his son “came back to win a national championship,” and not participating in the post-season would obviously hurt his chances of bringing No. 9 home to Kentucky.

Those who are saying that he is not playing to protect his draft stock reminds me of that line in the Simon and Garfunkel song, “The Boxer”

“a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest, la la la la la la la, la la la.

Who are these people saying they want to protect draft stock? Some random person who could be a duke fan for all we know? I haven’t read anything from uk media or even legit fans that push this draft stock argument. It’s a non issue the guy needs to relax and let the fans be fans. I mean with internet you’re gonna here every Tom dick and Harry’s opinion I’m telling you that 2018 class and their parents

I think PJ is finished for the year as well. Not a troll, just an opinion. The optics here just rings my common sense bell.

I think PJ may be done as well, my only issue is this dude being an ass to everyone and saying it’s “fact” while also $hitting all over PJ and his family

Has it ever been said HOW the injury occurred??? That’s the puzzling part imo, seemed fine at the end of the UT game. Maybe the dude who is in PJ’s inner circle knows..

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Who are these people saying they want to protect draft stock? Some random person who could be a duke fan for all we know? I haven’t read anything from uk media or even legit fans that push this draft stock argument. It’s a non issue the guy needs to relax and let the fans be fans. I mean with internet you’re gonna here every Tom dick and Harry’s opinion I’m telling you that 2018 class and their parents

They act like he's a freshmen that didnt play AAU ball and this is the first time scouts have watched him. They know who PJ is and what he brings to the table. They've been watching his development for at least 3 years now. Why think rationally though.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Does anybody actually know for sure the exact nature of his injury??? If so, what is the prognosis for that type of injury?? The fuzziness of it all is what leads me to think his season is over. Praying I'm wrong.

I'm a huge fan of your "rationality." You think PJ's dad is holding him out and traveled all the way to Florida just for a free trip and not to support the team. Because it would make sense to do all that and then be deluged with questions from the media every second of the day... just for the "free trip", right?

That's "ancient aliens" level rationality right there, homey.
Lol. It’s not complicated. Read the quotes and article. PJ could play. Cal expected him to play. PJ is a projected lottery pick now which was not the case this time last year. It is what it is. PJ is not playing because they want to make sure his NBA future isn’t compromised. I get it. At this point the slightest injury is a risk when you are a lottery pick. Just call it what it is.

What benefit would it be to announce now he is done if he truly is?
If UK announced he was out I’m sure it would not help with fans or players as everyone knows without him we have virtually no shot at the title,
If you play the game to game possibilities it keeps the other players heads up, it keeps the fans buying tickets etc.

Here is the situation as well as we know it. He sustained an injury sometime between Saturday and Weds?? At the end of the Tenn game?? During practice??? Off the court somehow??? And if it was the latter we will never know cause the fan base would torch the kid.

He is a 6’7 or 6’8 220 pound kid with a foot/ankle injury that needs to heal in a week for us to have a legit shot at a final 4. It’s obviously not good if doctors thought it was best to put him in a hard cast.

UK would be fools to announce he is done, it would hurt the team, fan base, and as others have said teams have to plan for him until it’s announced he isn’t there.

remember when it was "a fact" that LSU did not goaltend?

But then everyone in the entire free world said, after review, it was goaltending (just not reviewable on the court).

It was "a fact" that it was not goaltending; was still repeated many,many times...

anyone remember that "factual" poster?
giphy.gif

@BBUK @FrankUnderwood @shutzhund@CatfanMike47

Last edited:
As PJ’s dad said, why the hell would he have even came back if all he cared about was the nba? He could’ve sat out the sec tourney too if that was the case. He’ll play next weekend assuming fletcher Magee doesn’t hit 8 threes tomorrow.

I think he’ll play next week, but just to address your comment....he came back to get a higher draft stock. A NC would be icing on the cake but priority number 1 was going top 20 or so.

Most minor-to-moderate foot sprain injuries will heal within 2 to 4 weeks. More severe injuries, such as injuries that need a cast or splint, will need a longer time to heal, up to 6 to 8 weeks. The most serious injuries will need surgery to reduce the bone and allow the ligaments to heal. The healing process can be 6 to 8 months.

I'm not going to name names for you. However, from someone in the family who would know, he's done for the year. They have known since Monday, but wanted a couple more opinions. They got them and officialy decided to hold him out and just let it heal before the combine.
You’ve been on the board for not even 6 months and been trollin your arse off. You don’t know P.J., you don’t know PJ’s family and have no inside information on anything UK basketball related. You’re just a little insecure troll seeking attention. Kick rocks boy.

I have zero medical experience, I do not know any insiders, no one has passed on any information to me regarding the injury. In other words I do not KNOW shit about the situation other than what I’ve read on here and what little Cal has said. Until today I believed that PJ would play next week assuming we win tomorrow. At this point I don’t think we’ll ever see PJ on the floor again as a Wildcat. It’s just a hunch based on how strangely the entire situation has been handled. I don’t know if he’s protecting his draft status or just simply is too injured to play. I guess it’s immaterial anyway. He’ll either play or he won’t. Again, I don’t think he will now. Hope I’m wrong.

PJ is very competitive and I think he wants to be off the bench and back in the game more than any of us. He will play when he can bear weight w/o pain with the cast off. That could be a week or two or more. With no definitive findings on the x-rays, Mri or ultrasound and the presence of pain, these injuries are difficult to predict. Ask anyone in Sports Medicine who has seen hundreds of such injuries.

Reactions: Calsmyguy
The worst part of the PJ situation is the double digit trolls claiming to know for a fact he's done. You can't get the scoop on a recruit, but you know when a player is done for the year. And there's so many different people claiming to know it.

UK's team doctors must not understand HIPAA.

None of them have any sources whatsoever

Leave PJ alone. All the bickering about this and it will probably be a mute point after tomorrow or the next game anyway....

I care about the players that care about the program. PJ has used UK like his 1 way ticket to the NBA. Just like JV did. Aside from maybe Baker and Richards, last years class was a huge waste and dissapointment. And those 2 still have a ways to go.

So, I've read this entire thread, and I've come to a couple of conclusions.

1) You're kind of a jerk. Not sure if you are one in reality, but you are definitely a jerk store on this board.

2) You don't know anything or have any sources. You actually let it slip in a post where you said "I think he can play". I thought you were sure he was done for the year?

3) You are rolling the dice on being able to say "I told you so" if he doesn't play again. For some reason, being right about this seems really important to you. Very weird and creepy.

4) You cast our players aside if they don't win enough for you. That's bush league, dude. All most fans want us effort, and PJ has given us that for two years.

All of this is IMO of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT