ADVERTISEMENT

KSR(pj) update

@CatfanMike47
you guys are basically on the same side of debate...just a few semantics seem to be setting you off...lets concentrate on the real assholes
Im not sure. He seems to think Nike and SEC get their money from a magic money tree and they hand out it to UK and rest as a magnanimous gesture. Id sure love to hear how he thinks this whole thing works [laughing]

I understand more than you think!
I hope you do. Im having a little difficulty understanding your position. All of the advertising wealth you alluded to is generated by the fans as well. These are facts. There isnt any debate to be had here. Nike doesnt waste national ad revenue or investment dollars on Transy for a reason.

Go back and read the entire post before firing off. I explicitly addressed that.

No, you didn't. He's injured. Its a medical issue. As such, ALL information is off limits to everyone except those he approves. So says the law.

As a fan, you have the right to know if he is playing. The time of disclosure of that fact is between tipoff and the final buzzer. Anything else is gravy for us.

This is really very very simple. This feeling of entitlement is contrived. The player, coach and university have provided more than they are obligated to provide.

I hope you do. Im having a little difficulty understanding your position. All of the advertising wealth you alluded to is generated by the fans as well. These are facts. There isnt any debate to be had here. Nike doesnt waste national ad revenue or investment dollars on Transy for a reason.
Maybe I think I’m sick of fans acting like their owed something cause they spend money! They’re not the only way UK makes money!

Reactions: ftp000
Oh, for sure. We'd still get the same fans saying he's dogging it for draft purposes. But, for myself anyway, that answer would be a lot better than what weve heard this week. Going from we expect him to play Thursday ita just minor to being in a hard cast....cant help but feel like some of the answers we got were disingenuous. Even if they werent.

The main reason PJ is being overly involved on the bench is to show the NBA teams that he wants to play, he has a great attitude and is a great team mate. It's the same reason Cal has iterated every time he's asked that PJ really wants to play but the pain is so intense that he can't.

IMHO, PJ's injury is either season ending or not that serious but enough to keep PJ out because his Dad doesn't feel the risk is worth the reward yet. However, Cal isn't going to tell us regardless until he absolutely has to. If we are fortunate enough to win today, it will continue this drama for another week. If we lose, we may never know what actually went on.

No, you didn't. He's injured. Its a medical issue. As such, ALL information is off limits to everyone except those he approves. So says the law.

As a fan, you have the right to know if he is playing. The time of disclosure of that fact is between tipoff and the final buzzer. Anything else is gravy for us.

This is really very very simple. This feeling of entitlement is contrived. The player, coach and university have provided more than they are obligated to provide.
Yes, I did. Not going to argue with you over it. I clearly stated we arent owed medical explanations. Keep yelling at the clouds until the cows come home for all I care.

Maybe I think I’m sick of fans acting like their owed something cause they spend money! They’re not the only way UK makes money!
Well, thats outright assinine. Are you not owed anything when you buy a meal? Purchase supplies at Home Depot? Get real man. We are customers, and we speak with our wallets. Fans dont have any say so? Go ask Joker Phillips and Billy Gillispie. Lol

Reactions: JRCAT14
The main reason PJ is being overly involved on the bench is to show the NBA teams that he wants to play, he has a great attitude and is a great team mate. It's the same reason Cal has iterated every time he's asked that PJ really wants to play but the pain is so intense that he can't.

IMHO, PJ's injury is either season ending or not that serious but enough to keep PJ out because his Dad doesn't feel the risk is worth the reward yet. However, Cal isn't going to tell us regardless until he absolutely has to. If we are fortunate enough to win today, it will continue this drama for another week. If we lose, we may never know what actually went on.
Yeah, the caveats have me leaving the door open to this possibility. They intentionally leave themselves outs with these answers.

I still firmly believe PJ is going next Thursday though. This doesnt feel like Vanderbilt to me.

Well, thats outright assinine. Are you not owed anything when you buy a meal? Purchase supplies at Home Depot? Get real man. We are customers, and we speak with our wallets. Fans dont have any say so? Go ask Joker Phillips and Billy Gillispie. Lol
We owe Patterson’s mom for BCG getting the axe

Reactions: CB3UK and Blueaz
First of all, just be honest. Secondly, tell us how he got hurt and when.....just adds more fuel to the fire by saying nothing except he's hurt.

When did they lie? I haven't heard a lie yet. I have heard the situation is dynamic. I've heard them report information as it became available. I've heard them get trashed over doing it. Talked about like they were deliberately lying to folks.

Why tell you how and when? I've not seen anything that obligates them to do so. From my perspective, when they have offered any information, they get bashed for it. Why should they say anything at all?

Yes, I did. Not going to argue with you over it. I clearly stated we arent owed medical explanations. Keep yelling at the clouds until the cows come home for all I care.

Then you have nothing to cry about. PJ not playing. Dunno why. Don't matter why. Maybe he'll play again, maybe not. All your questions answered in one go. See, that was easy.

Was PJ in a boot on Sunday at Cal's house for the Selection Show? I read where one of the media members that was there said he wasn't.

If he had a pain scale of 10, you would think he would've had one on if it happened in the UT game. What if it happened in practice on Monday? That would make it even more mysterious.

Picture this: Rupp Arena only a quarter filled. Or just for fun, not hardly a seat filled. Say the people who buy all those 23,000+ seats decided to show their displeasure at the situation by not buying their tickets. And people stopped buying jerseys, etc. The school wouldn't get that income, Nike wouldn't get that Income, etc. Yes it's a $$ business. And the fans play a big part of it. If all or some of that happened, then it would be like playing for a no name school. So the fast may not be owed anything, but it would be nice to have some transparency. There may be some over the top fans, but most are normal, average fans who just want our team to win and to have a season without so much drama. Eventually, those normal, average fans might get tired of it all and then where would it stand? Just saying.
One more thing while I'm here...lol. I do NOT like the NBA. And all this about draft status, etc. is just making me hate it that much more. I am a COLLEGE basketball fan who loves the University of Kentucky. I don't care about the draft or how many we send. That's just not my interest. Nothing wrong with that. With all of this drama lately, it makes me long for the old days when kids played with nothing to lose. They weren't projected lottery picks or any picks for that matter so they played through some pain. ( The reason I say that is because at this point it is being said that there is no apparent injury to PJ, just pain) Sometimes I wish for a scrappy team that would go out and just play without thinking about NBA, draft stock, etc. Just play their guts out like there's no tomorrow. That would be fun, but I know those days are over. Thanks for letting me ramble. I try not to let all this get to me any more. I have come to realize there are more important things than UK basketball.

Picture this: Rupp Arena only a quarter filled. Or just for fun, not hardly a seat filled. Say the people who buy all those 23,000+ seats decided to show their displeasure at the situation by not buying their tickets. And people stopped buying jerseys, etc. The school wouldn't get that income, Nike wouldn't get that Income, etc. Yes it's a $$ business. And the fans play a big part of it. If all or some of that happened, then it would be like playing for a no name school. So the fast may not be owed anything, but it would be nice to have some transparency. There may be some over the top fans, but most are normal, average fans who just want our team to win and to have a season without so much drama. Eventually, those normal, average fans might get tired of it all and then where would it stand? Just saying.
One more thing while I'm here...lol. I do NOT like the NBA. And all this about draft status, etc. is just making me hate it that much more. I am a COLLEGE basketball fan who loves the University of Kentucky. I don't care about the draft or how many we send. That's just not my interest. Nothing wrong with that. With all of this drama lately, it makes me long for the old days when kids played with nothing to lose. They weren't projected lottery picks or any picks for that matter so they played through some pain. ( The reason I say that is because at this point it is being said that there is no apparent injury to PJ, just pain) Sometimes I wish for a scrappy team that would go out and just play without thinking about NBA, draft stock, etc. Just play their guts out like there's no tomorrow. That would be fun, but I know those days are over. Thanks for letting me ramble. I try not to let all this get to me any more. I have come to realize there are more important things than UK basketball.

Damn good post Susan

Reactions: susan2361

Yes they are.

Without fans there is no ad revenue, no SEC deals, no TV money.

There is no sport. Players wouldn’t even get a free scholarship.

I don’t know what the arguments are but without fans nothing moves. Everything we make off of basketball is directly correlated to fan support.

why is that so important to you?
game
practice
tripping over dog
walking to class
I was jogging once, stepped on a small rock the wrong way and tore my meniscus..
life ****ing happens
Why don't they just say so? What's the big deal?

Reactions: catben
When did they lie? I haven't heard a lie yet. I have heard the situation is dynamic. I've heard them report information as it became available. I've heard them get trashed over doing it. Talked about like they were deliberately lying to folks.

Why tell you how and when? I've not seen anything that obligates them to do so. From my perspective, when they have offered any information, they get bashed for it. Why should they say anything at all?
I didn't mean they lied.

If they are getting bashed for it, it's because they have been forthcoming and it just causes speculation. That's what I meant about being honest.

Sideline report saying pj heard/felt a pop in foot when landing during Tennessee game. Foot started swelling during selection Sunday - still officially ruled a sprain.

Sideline report saying pj heard/felt a pop in foot when landing during Tennessee game. Foot started swelling during selection Sunday - still officially ruled a sprain.

Heard a "pop" but no swelling or pain until AFTER the Selection Show on Sunday?:confused::confused:o_Oo_O

Reactions: JRCAT14
Yeah, it’s a vast conspiracy.

I know this is broken record stuff, but the term itself was coined as a means to push a lie. And then “vast conspiracy” was used to to descredit truth-tellers during a political coverup.

Just sayin. When that is used to discredit everyone should assume the opposite.

I know this is broken record stuff, but the term itself was coined as a means to push a lie. And then “vast conspiracy” was used to to descredit truth-tellers during a political coverup.

Just sayin. When that is used to discredit everyone should assume the opposite.

You’ve been talking to Hillary far too long.

Reactions: morgousky
Yes they are.

Without fans there is no ad revenue, no SEC deals, no TV money.

There is no sport. Players wouldn’t even get a free scholarship.

I don’t know what the arguments are but without fans nothing moves. Everything we make off of basketball is directly correlated to fan support.
When a player accepts a scholarship to play for a school and signs that letter of intent, to me, it is like he is signing a contract to play his best for the UNIVERSITY, not an NBA farm team where he is there to prepare for the big leagues. His agreement is to play his best for the UNIVERSITY. In return, he gets free room and board, free education and the best training and medical care money can buy. It seems to some of these elite players, it is just a stop on the road to the NBA. The NBA comes first and UK second. I'll be glad if and when the rule changes, so the ones who want to go will not put us through this. But some will still do it because they still need that year to get ready. To me, the ones who are really good enough to go straight to the pros are few and far between like Anthony Davis, etc. We might still get the ones who, in my opinion, will use us for a year and then go on. And I say use us, because some just don't care what school they play for. I say some because I know there are some who really care about UK, but you have to admit that some don't give a hoot about who they play for. They are there because they HAVE to be somewhere for a year. I digress. Back to my original thought...If the player basically signs a contract to play and he does not fulfill that, then I think we at least should know why. We don't have to go overboard like some posters who think we are wanting to know even his underwear size (I am exaggerating), but it would be nice if they would not appear to be giving the runaround. Sorry but I seem to be on a. run today.

Jesus this was a lotta nothing.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Then you have nothing to cry about. PJ not playing. Dunno why. Don't matter why. Maybe he'll play again, maybe not. All your questions answered in one go. See, that was easy.
I didnt have any questions. You quoted me trying to argue a point with someone who already stated the same postion you held. Just admit you ****ed up, showed your ass, and move on. Dear Lord.

When a player accepts a scholarship to play for a school and signs that letter of intent, to me, it is like he is signing a contract to play his best for the UNIVERSITY, not an NBA farm team where he is there to prepare for the big leagues. His agreement is to play his best for the UNIVERSITY. In return, he gets free room and board, free education and the best training and medical care money can buy. It seems to some of these elite players, it is just a stop on the road to the NBA. The NBA comes first and UK second. I'll be glad if and when the rule changes, so the ones who want to go will not put us through this. But some will still do it because they still need that year to get ready. To me, the ones who are really good enough to go straight to the pros are few and far between like Anthony Davis, etc. We might still get the ones who, in my opinion, will use us for a year and then go on. And I say use us, because some just don't care what school they play for. I say some because I know there are some who really care about UK, but you have to admit that some don't give a hoot about who they play for. They are there because they HAVE to be somewhere for a year. I digress. Back to my original thought...If the player basically signs a contract to play and he does not fulfill that, then I think we at least should know why. We don't have to go overboard like some posters who think we are wanting to know even his underwear size (I am exaggerating), but it would be nice if they would not appear to be giving the runaround. Sorry but I seem to be on a. run today.

Who has accepted a scholarship that has been cleared by a physician and refused to play? And does that scholarship waive legal rights extended to ever American citizen? Answers: Nobody. No.

Nice rant. Its just filled with irrelevancy.

I didnt have any questions. You quoted me trying to argue a point with someone who already stated the same postion you held. Just admit you ****ed up, showed your ass, and move on. Dear Lord.

Sure you did. You just don't like being pinned down. Tough.

Im not saying we need every aspect of their personal lives and medical history.

Sure you did. You just don't like being pinned down. Tough.

Youre a ****ing idiot. You were wrong. Own it, shut the hell up and move on dipshit. Youre trying to argue with someone who agrees with you. Youre either drunk as ****, stupider than ****, or both.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Youre a ****ing idiot. You were wrong. Own it, shut the hell up and move on dipshit. Youre trying to argue with someone who agrees with you. Youre either drunk as ****, stupider than ****, or both.

By saying you think are not entitled to every aspect of their personal or medical lives you clearly state you are entitled to SOME of their personal or medical information. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO NOTHING in regards to those players personal or medical information. You got no right to know a damn thing. Get your bleating out of here and stop trying to hide behind some half assed statement you CLEARLY made because you quoted it yourself.

If you agree with me, then you might practice a bit of logic in your wordsmithing. You sure as hell are not saying what you intended.

Kybassfan .. you can be right , you can be wrong , either way you come across like absolute asshole ... that’s all .

By saying you think are not entitled to every aspect of their personal or medical lives you clearly state you are entitled to SOME of their personal or medical information. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO NOTHING in regards to those players personal or medical information. You got no right to know a damn thing. Get your bleating out of here and stop trying to hide behind some half assed statement you CLEARLY made because you quoted it yourself.

If you agree with me, then you might practice a bit of logic in your wordsmithing. You sure as hell are not saying what you intended.
Holy shit youre a ****ing idiot. Putting you on ignore. I dont have time to go back and forth with someone this ****ing dense. You dont get to try to inflate your intelligence quotient by dropping "wordsmithing" into your post, as if it's going excuse the fact that you were ****ing wrong, and jumped the gun. You made a dumb assumption, or didn't even read my posts, and instead you opt to double down on being a dipshit. Either way, youre no longer a concern on my Rivals feed. Bye Felicia.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT