ADVERTISEMENT

KSR BIG NEWS TEASE

We considered naming a bridge for Stoops in my county.

We decided not to, because no one will cross Mark Stoops in Central Kentucky!

Seriously, New Circle Road ain’t that new and needs to be re-named “Stoops’ Loop.”
If he win a National Title here at Kentucky, Hell yeah!! I doubt you’d get many to argue with it either. Lol. Hack the more I say it, the more I like it. Hehe. It wouldn’t have to be a National Title for me. Just stay here, keep improving and maintain a High Level winning program.

It’s hard not to actually feel giddy about this program right now. Hahahaha. Coming from a 45 year old man too!! Lmao. Fricking Giddy my friend!! Lol. I feel weird as shiiit for typing that, but I’m standing by it. Happy just doesn’t do it justice you know?

The only thing missing with the football program is naming the field Jerry Claiborne field. I hope it happens some day soon. The way it is now is like naming the floor in Rupp, Bill Curry court. Curry is a good man and good coach, not a swipe at him, just the wrong name on the football field.
It’s Bill Keightley court, (spelling?), Not Bill Curry Court. Lol. Sorry if you were joking or something.

The only thing missing with the football program is naming the field Jerry Claiborne field. I hope it happens some day soon. The way it is now is like naming the floor in Rupp, Bill Curry court. Curry is a good man and good coach, not a swipe at him, just the wrong name on the football field.
I reread your post. I know what you’re saying. Lol

Because it's an encroachment of a large corporation into something that before was much more unique to Kentucky and not something ubiquitous.

We made fun of Louisville for years because their stadium was named after a pizza joint and their arena was a giant food company printer. Then we go and do the same thing. Just doesn't seem like a university representing a COMMONWEALTH of our size should have to grovel to a company to muster up the funds for an overhaul bid and then give them naming rights.

Kroger Field at Commonwealth Stadium.

Kroger Field at Thoroughbred Stadium.

Kroger Field at Kentucky Stadium.

Kroger Field at RJ Corman Stadium.

Kroger Field at Tobaccoal Bourbon Stadium. [winking]

I don't really care. I just hate the whole thing being called Kroger Field. I don't really give a dang if the Kroger logo is at the 25 yard lines. That stadium name should be a reflection of our Commonwealth. Not a nationwide company (if you count subsidiaries). Certainly not a grocery store of all things.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

I was hoping Kroger Field at Commonwealth Stadium.

And there’s a difference between an established field (Commonwealth) and a new stadium (Papa John’s)

I like the tie to tradition, but that’s me

I wish Dan Mullen was our head coach. Success everywhere.

Not me. What kind of backup QB did they have when we did them a favor and knocked out their starter?

People don't realize what great talent they had at Florida, see their 2010 roster, over FIFTY four stars and about 12 five stars on it, AVERAGED a 5.9 for their TWO DEEP when Joker took our TWO four stars down to play them that year. Also at MSU in 08 when everyone though we should win easily when MSU visited because we had better talent they "upset" us when we only had a couple of home grown four stars playing and MSU had TWENTY four star commits the previous four years. Amazing FACT, ALL of them were from the state of Mississippi, when in Joker's first year we had ZERO four stars in our whole state.

We shoulda/coulda beat them this year, no doubt, and I would be willing to bet we will beat them when they come back in 2021. Maybe next year.

Counterpoint would be Claiborne was a UK grad and member of College Football Hall of Fame.

Stoops will end up in the Hall of Fame if he keeps this going at Kentucky like he’s been doing. I’ll be hard to do, but he’s got a better chance here than say somewhere that was already considered a Football Power. Especially taking over a team that had our past Thirty years. Claiborne would be a good choice as of today, but I believe in the next five years it would be Mark Stoops with now question. Thanks

Easy there... baby steps. How about home and home with UNC? That would excite both fan bases, and we'd kick their ass.

I’ll say you’re right to wait on thinking about Clemson, although I do believe it would make us better in the long run playing them every year and recruits would probably love the idea of having that game.

UNC is a great choice in my opinion for both teams right now and the trajectory of both schools are very positive, so I think it’d be a competitive series for the next three four years. I don’t think Brown will be able to coach very long there, I do think that was a great hire in football last year though as far as giving a program a boost!

You just know those kids love him and feel like they’re playing for their Papaw. Lol. UNC Has really turned it around in the upside department. I honestly believe with their Pickup in recruiting and their schedule, they’ll be close to ten wins in a couple years. Not saying they’ll become playoff contenders, but they’ll make some noise with Mack for a few years.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I’ll say you’re right to wait on thinking about Clemson, although I do believe it would make us better in the long run playing them every year and recruits would probably love the idea of having that game.

UNC is a great choice in my opinion for both teams right now and the trajectory of both schools are very positive, so I think it’d be a competitive series for the next three four years. I don’t think Brown will be able to coach very long there, I do think that was a great hire in football last year though as far as giving a program a boost!

You just know those kids love him and feel like they’re playing for their Papaw. Lol. UNC Has really turned it around in the upside department. I honestly believe with their Pickup in recruiting and their schedule, they’ll be close to ten wins in a couple years. Not saying they’ll become playoff contenders, but they’ll make some noise with Mack for a few years.
I'll agree that we'd better tee that up soon. He'll probably leave them in great shape in 3-4 years. Our existing contracts probably make it impossible to get it done before he rights the ship, and as always, the real issue is convincing everyone it's in their mutual interest.

Because it's an encroachment of a large corporation into something that before was much more unique to Kentucky and not something ubiquitous.

We made fun of Louisville for years because their stadium was named after a pizza joint and their arena was a giant food company printer. Then we go and do the same thing. Just doesn't seem like a university representing a COMMONWEALTH of our size should have to grovel to a company to muster up the funds for an overhaul bid and then give them naming rights.

Kroger Field at Commonwealth Stadium.

Kroger Field at Thoroughbred Stadium.

Kroger Field at Kentucky Stadium.

Kroger Field at RJ Corman Stadium.

Kroger Field at Tobaccoal Bourbon Stadium. [winking]

I don't really care. I just hate the whole thing being called Kroger Field. I don't really give a dang if the Kroger logo is at the 25 yard lines. That stadium name should be a reflection of our Commonwealth. Not a nationwide company (if you count subsidiaries). Certainly not a grocery store of all things.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
I agree with you. It’s always Commonwealth Stadium for me. That was, is and will always be the perfect name for Kentucky’s Football Stadium. It felt like a sell out in the beginning when they changed it to Kroger, I don’t feel the same as I did then but I still prefer Commonwealth Stadium.

Rumor in Florida is that Dallas is going to be taking a strong look at Dan Mullen to be new football coach- remember he was Dak Prescott's coach at Mississippi State!

Go Big Blue!
Have to think they’re just doing that to appease Prescott but not really seriously entertaining it.

I may have overlooked an example, but I can't think of a stadium named after a coach who is still coaching. You wait until after they retire to name stadiums after them.
Oregon’s field was known as Rich Brooks field while he was coaching at UK.

I may have overlooked an example, but I can't think of a stadium named after a coach who is still coaching. You wait until after they retire to name stadiums after them.
I believe Oregon had Rich Brooks Field while he was here. Not the stadium name, but closest exception I can think of. Youre probably right overall.

I think KSU named their stadium after Snyder while he was still coaching. Same with BYU and Edwards. Those two come to my mind right away.

The kid decommitting from Oky makes me wonder if he knows Lincoln Riley is headed to The Cowgirls.

Some of your late night searches must have auto corrected your post. It is Cowboys, not Cowgirls. Are you 12 ? The cheap little unfunny changing of team names played out about the time you where born.

Some of your late night searches must have auto corrected your post. It is Cowboys, not Cowgirls. Are you 12 ? The cheap little unfunny changing of team names played out about the time you where born.
I remember the Cowboys as South Americas team

Will throw a basketball possibility out there. maybe Torres is talking about Bill Self to the Spurs ? I doubt it, he would not do it mid season, but there is some out there and they are pretty connected, are saying Self may leave Kansas to coach San Antonio.

Will throw a basketball possibility out there. maybe Torres is talking about Bill Self to the Spurs ? I doubt it, he would not do it mid season, but there is some out there and they are pretty connected, are saying Self may leave Kansas to coach San Antonio.
His tweet says related to college football

I agree with you. It’s always Commonwealth Stadium for me. That was, is and will always be the perfect name for Kentucky’s Football Stadium. It felt like a sell out in the beginning when they changed it to Kroger, I don’t feel the same as I did then but I still prefer Commonwealth Stadium.

I like Kaintuck Stadium, where Kentucky got its name, meaning dark and bloody grounds because the Indians from north of the Ohio and from the south used to come here for the great hunting and when they met it became a dark and bloody ground.

We need to start massacring these teams that come in here looking for an easy meal.

So, more bad news?

I would say Georgia if I were him.
The other way to look at this is that Georgia needs a QB in this class and they are going to get a good one whether it’s him or someone else. This gives them the in-state option to headline their class and the fanbase to rally behind. Part of the allure of playing in the SEC is that it’s where top talent goes. When they played Baylor, who did most UK fans pull for.. Georgia because they are in our Conference and not Tennessee. We just have to outplay them on 1 Saturday when it matters. Just one time.

why? is that position open? Haven't they had the same guy for a bazillion years?

LOL!!

Either a great sense of humor, or a strong indication you didn't listen closely to Beth Mowens during the Belk Bowl!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT