ADVERTISEMENT

KSR BIG NEWS TEASE

On of the guys on the KSR site teased huge news in the next couple of days.

It was Aaron Torres. Comment was “Can't share too many details just yet, but I'm hearing we could get some MASSIVE college football news in the next 24 hours. Stay tuned
1f440.png
1f440.png

Anyone else see it or know what the reference was?

Assuming Tisdale on Sat, or maybe Drennen, but seems a little overstated if so.
Rumor in Florida is that Dallas is going to be taking a strong look at Dan Mullen to be new football coach- remember he was Dak Prescott's coach at Mississippi State!

Go Big Blue!

Referees to be held accountable for completely garbo calls.

Targeting to be altered so that it's not arbitrary BS.

If it ain't one of these, I don't really give a damn.

*I'd probably give a damn if it really is something big

*Edited some language. Personal choice.

Last edited:
Rumor in Florida is that Dallas is going to be taking a strong look at Dan Mullen to be new football coach- remember he was Dak Prescott's coach at Mississippi State!

Go Big Blue!
The timing fits with this and this is my guess as to what he is talking about.

Maybe Lynn Bowden and Calvin Taylor to walk on to the basketball team? I can dream!

Don’t know why so many don’t like Kroger Field. They contribute mightily to UK. I THINK ITS GREAT TO HAVE A LARGE CORPORATION BEHIND US. PROUD OF IT.

im actually fine with Kroger Field..but it needs to be Kroger Field at Stoops Stadium....CM Newtons name does not need to be on the football field...name the basketball locker room or something similar after CM...

The only thing missing with the football program is naming the field Jerry Claiborne field. I hope it happens some day soon. The way it is now is like naming the floor in Rupp, Bill Curry court. Curry is a good man and good coach, not a swipe at him, just the wrong name on the football field.

The only thing missing with the football program is naming the field Jerry Claiborne field. I hope it happens some day soon. The way it is now is like naming the floor in Rupp, Bill Curry court. Curry is a good man and good coach, not a swipe at him, just the wrong name on the football field.

I would be hesitant to name it after Claiborne when our current coach has already exceeded his legacy in my opinion and will likely leave the program on a stronger foundation than what Claiborne did when he left.

Don’t know why so many don’t like Kroger Field. They contribute mightily to UK. I THINK ITS GREAT TO HAVE A LARGE CORPORATION BEHIND US. PROUD OF IT.

Because it's an encroachment of a large corporation into something that before was much more unique to Kentucky and not something ubiquitous.

We made fun of Louisville for years because their stadium was named after a pizza joint and their arena was a giant food company printer. Then we go and do the same thing. Just doesn't seem like a university representing a COMMONWEALTH of our size should have to grovel to a company to muster up the funds for an overhaul bid and then give them naming rights.

Kroger Field at Commonwealth Stadium.

Kroger Field at Thoroughbred Stadium.

Kroger Field at Kentucky Stadium.

Kroger Field at RJ Corman Stadium.

Kroger Field at Tobaccoal Bourbon Stadium. [winking]

I don't really care. I just hate the whole thing being called Kroger Field. I don't really give a dang if the Kroger logo is at the 25 yard lines. That stadium name should be a reflection of our Commonwealth. Not a nationwide company (if you count subsidiaries). Certainly not a grocery store of all things.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

im actually fine with Kroger Field..but it needs to be Kroger Field at Stoops Stadium....CM Newtons name does not need to be on the football field...name the basketball locker room or something similar after CM...
I may have overlooked an example, but I can't think of a stadium named after a coach who is still coaching. You wait until after they retire to name stadiums after them.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I quit following college football, especially my cats?

Nah, not while I am alive.

Reactions: JASUN74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT