ADVERTISEMENT

KSR; “Explaining the Strained Relationship Between Cal and the Fans”

When KSR is posting this kind of material, then you know something is wrong. Cal has ultimately severed ties completely with fan base this year. His behavior in 2020 is disturbing. The biggest mistake we did as a fan base is to put him on a mantle of worship. Calipari is a charlatan and he has deceived us all. He is no better than a politician and the devil.

As a season ticket holder, the non con home schedule has been awful. Claims neutral site prepares for tourney. BS! Has not appeased the people who give generously to support the team. Empty seats are beginning to appear and will just continue if no changes to schedule. Empty seats will force change.

As a season ticket holder, the non con home schedule has been awful. Claims neutral site prepares for tourney. BS! Has not appeased the people who give generously to support the team. Empty seats are beginning to appear and will just continue if no changes to schedule. Empty seats will force change.

Empty seats? How can you possibly tell whether that's true or not in a COVID year?

Empty seats? How can you possibly tell whether that's true or not in a COVID year?

Prior years. The arena has always been full even when playing “cupcakes”. For most people, the lower tiered games were the only tickets you could get. That’s not the case now since every non conference game is against “cupcakes”. I gave up my season tickets for the same reason. Hard to get excited watching us struggle against those crappy teams.

Maybe, but who is going to pay for the buyout of Cal's $$$$ contract?

Reactions: natchezrule
While it has been a weird year all the way around, we've been trending this way for awhile...young rosters, slow starts, inexcusable losses, etc. The COVID thing only accentuates the problem. Hopefully, Cal will reflect on his current practices and make the appropriate adjustments to get this program back on track.

Took my son to a game last season; place was half empty. We moved to first row in upper two minutes into game. Game sucked ass by the way. First game he’d been to, it was all I could do to keep it interesting. Game was so dull, not hitting shots, no offense at all, tons of fouls due to poor execution and grabbing on defense.

"We have slowly watched Kentucky teams under Cal go from powerhouses who lost three games in the regular season at the most, to a team that has to drop three of four non-conference games just to go get it figured out."

That's simply not true. In two of Cal's first five seasons we had double digit losses. We've been a buzzer beater or OT away from the Final Four in two of the past four years and were in a great position going into the tournament last year before the tournament got cancelled. A single elimination tournament is such a crapshoot making the Final Four is HARD. Fact is this isn't the Wooden era anymore and we can't have teams like 11/12 or 14/15 every year. I don't really buy into the fact that this program has been "broken" since the loss to Wisconsin in 2015.

Last edited:
I'm shocked. The dude is 21, so I worried about his perspective.

Nope. He frigging nailed it. Especially at the end about normalizing these shitty losses. So tired of having to argue with the blind ass pampers. They take each one as an individual loss instead of looking back and seeing all of them collectively. We really have had some AWFUL losses these past few seasons. Its not OK!

Nope. He frigging nailed it. Especially at the end about normalizing these shitty losses. So tired of having to argue with the blind ass pampers. They take each one as an individual loss instead of looking back and seeing all of them collectively. We really have had some AWFUL losses these past few seasons. Its not OK!
Cal’s having fun.

Took my son to a game last season; place was half empty. We moved to first row in upper two minutes into game. Game sucked ass by the way. First game he’d been to, it was all I could do to keep it interesting. Game was so dull, not hitting shots, no offense at all, tons of fouls due to poor execution and grabbing on defense.

yeah I took a Buckeye friend to the last game of the season 2 years ago , it was a tough tough ticket , we were super excited , and the game sucked ass . Just a terrible game .. neither team scored more than 4-6 points in a row , both team shot what seemed like 40 FTs and it was just boring. But thsts our offense . Drive . Get fouled .

Kentucky has suffered some of its worst nonconference losses in history in the past three or four seasons, yet Cal is lecturing the fans to be okay with that. Don’t let him tell you that. THIS IS KENTUCKY, and it’s time for Cal to change in order get this program to where it has been under his tutelage. Until then, this relationship between Cal and the fans will continue to have a strain.

The 21 year old knows more than a few of our unconditional Cal supporters

I’m with you. Really surprising great perspective from a 21 year old. Kudos to that writer, he actually gets it.

The biggest problem is the continuous exodus of players. That has really hurt fan interest. But Cal didn’t create OAD - he just took advantage of it first. I’m afraid that the sport had changed forever. U of L - definitely not a OAD school - did not have a single player play yesterday who scored in last year’s rivalry game. There is no going back and I really wonder what college basketball will look like 10-20 years from now.

Love the point about losing becoming the norm.

I absolutely hate when we have an early season loss to a bad team and Cal says “We needed this”. Did we?? Then he comes around in March and complains about our bracket. Well don’t lose to horrible teams that allows the committee to put you in that position!

The losses are piling up. Be honest, how many times does Duke or KU have one of these bad losses? It is very rare. Hell, before the Stephen F Austin loss last year Duke hadn’t lost a non-conference home game since 2000. So if these are two of the programs we are held up against shouldn’t we have similar results?

Now we have had more success in the tournament than both KU or Duke, but the regular season has to matter to some point. Just tired of the “We play for March” angle. Let’s play for the whole season.

Overall, a well-written article that reflects the thoughts of BBN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT