ADVERTISEMENT

Koby Brea Recruiting Update

Ok, we're two weeks in, and I'm pretty patient. Pope claims to fully understand BBN and our overall impatience, but again, two weeks in and we have had ONE transfer portal commitment (two if you count Chandler, but not sure if he entered the portal before changing to UK to follow Pope).

BBN (not me specifically) clearly needs some good news. Two weeks in BBN world is an eternity.

I think you’re glossing over the fact that Pope had to put a staff together too. That was priority #1.

I think you’re glossing over the fact that Pope had to put a staff together too. That was priority #1.
Not really, I'm just repeating the BBN heartbeat, especially around here. As I said, I'm patient and used to this anyway as Cal had so many misses and so much back and forth on "sources" predictions over the years, I've learned to just peek in once in a while.

But the way Pope and UK are moving on PR and comms with even the assistants has been much more methodical than we've ever seen. And BBN as a whole - especially our uber fans on Rafters and KSR - are jonesin' for some pop of news. And by this I mean two or three big player announcements back-to-back-to-back.

Reactions: ukfan041
Cal landed another former UK commit. No surprise here
You can tell that's a more recent photo of Cal. He literally looks like he hates where he is. Almost a look of embarrassment. The only time I ever saw that face at UK was right at the end of an NCAA-T game where he was about to lose in the first round to a crap seed.

Well just this week:
JQ
Saunders
Brea
Roach
Whomever the other guy is that cancelled hid trip tomorrow..

My question to you is who have we won out on? Right now its:
Williams
Just for some perspective…

With the way you seem to view the world, among the overwhelming number of players in the portal, a large number of whom will be contacted by UK and many others… aside from the let’s say 8 players we will ultimately snag, ALL of the rest are players we will have lost to other schools.

There will always be lots of players we pursue to some extent, who ultimately end up elsewhere. Guess what… the same is true for other programs as well.

Reactions: Ugoff and EliteBlue
Just for some perspective…

With the way you seem to view the world, among the overwhelming number of players in the portal, a large number of whom will be contacted by UK and many others… aside from the let’s say 8 players we will ultimately snag, ALL of the rest are players we will have lost to other schools.

There will always be lots of players we pursue to some extent, who ultimately end up elsewhere. Guess what… the same is true for other programs as well.

Right? It’s kind of like hitting on a girl at the bar. Unless you just target dogs or hogs, your’re probably only gonna bat around .100. So what? If you pull an 8+, that’s still a win!

• Haha
Reactions: University-6
I’m not sure if it was confirmed, I think it was just rumored by people.
I'm starting to feel concerned, still got time to make a splash bur it feels like we cannon balling in the shallow end of the pool.

I can agree with that but we was in the running for him late so I’ll take that L. But yeah I’m glad we missed on him cuz that’s a bidding war we don’t wanna be in on for a 17 yr old.
If JQ would've been subtraction by addition, then I don't think we consider that an L. If him and his pop are after that bag like madmen like has been alluded to, then that situation is one that Hurley specifically avoids, and I think we'd be wise to let that particular trophy bass go too.

Roach never came here on visit and only said we contacted him. Nothing more than that.

Saunders is a L Fosho. Came here on visit.

Brea is up in the air. Nothing confirmed.

JQ is a L cuz he cancelled visit.

The cancelled weeknd visit is only a rumor.

And we won 3 considering we have Perry , chandler and Williams on roster.
Per KSR this morning, we have lost ONE player that we really really wanted that went to another school. They never said who that was.

I’ve already conceded this one although I won’t complain if I get surprised later.

BUT it sure would be nice if we could eventually get to the point where other schools have to look at a kid and say “UK lock” for a change.

Source that he canceled????
The fact the post says he's visiting UConn between today and Sunday maybe? Now if he comes here between Sunday and Tuesday you might have a point, but seems we would have been included if that was the case.

If JQ would've been subtraction by addition, then I don't think we consider that an L. If him and his pop are after that bag like madmen like has been alluded to, then that situation is one that Hurley specifically avoids, and I think we'd be wise to let that particular trophy bass go too.
I gave him the L basically cuz of the effort put in by Pope by him scheduling the in home visit but yeah don’t like how his dad is operating.

Reactions: JPFisher
There's a wide range of personalities on here, from way positive to way negative, and I get that.

But there is not much upside to zooming in so much to every individual kid that you're like a chick losing weight checking the scale every 2 hours.

It doesn't tell you much and usually costs more emotional energy than it's worth. In general, I think spacing out your situational evals is more helpful.
I am literally just posting the players entering the portal and ones I like I say I like them, if people don’t like it they don’t have to view the post

Reactions: JPFisher
The fact the post says he's visiting UConn between today and Sunday maybe? Now if he comes here between Sunday and Tuesday you might have a point, but seems we would have been included if that was the case.

Source he was even supposed to visit at all???

I am literally just posting the players entering the portal and ones I like I say I like them, if people don’t like it they don’t have to view the post
I'm not referring to you. I'm defending the guy you were criticizing. There are 100% posters who are just taking turns panicking over each individual news tidbit.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I think a lot of the concern people are having is that we haven’t yet made a “splash” in the portal. This kid would be a splash. Davis is a splash. Is Jaxson Robinson? I don’t know. But we don’t have him yet either.

I’ve always though UCONN was in the drivers seat with this guy.
They recruited him out of HS before Hurley/Staff succeeded so they have a relationship dating back to HS with him-he took a visit to Storrs then too. This was mentioned a few days ago about him visiting UConn by some people on social media so not sure why it's a big deal.

Duke OV was added.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
I haven't seen anything from a reliable source that indicated we had a real shot at this kid. Just some tweets from supposed insiders that are big UK fans. I've never really considered him as an option.

Not sure who was in charge of NIL offers, but we know Fox is in charge of the NIL now and he just came on board.

So UConn could get Brea and Liam? You’d think Brea would want somewhere with more playing time. Duke is loaded at the wing position as well.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Well just this week:
JQ
Saunders
Brea
Roach
Whomever the other guy is that cancelled hid trip tomorrow..

My question to you is who have we won out on? Right now its:
Williams
We were never gonna pay JQ and Roach we never went much into he was dead set on Baylor. Brea hasn’t committed so…

Everything’s fine guys. Those who expressed any skepticism whatsoever about the Pope hire after the mob suddenly hit the acceptance stage of grief will soon find out when our roster consists of JUCO players and bottom tier transfers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT