ADVERTISEMENT

Kobe Brown

That guy also said Arkansas would be the favorite if brown does enter the portal, how the hell can Arkansas be the favorite for Holland brown and Nelson
I would assume Nelson is above Brown in the pecking order, but if Nelson stays in the draft they probably target Holland/Brown.

Still doubtful Brown ends up at Arkansas ultimately IMO but he was teammates with Trevon Brazile so there's that connection.

I would assume Nelson is above Brown in the pecking order, but if Nelson stays in the draft they probably target Holland/Brown.

Still doubtful Brown ends up at Arkansas ultimately IMO but he was teammates with Trevon Brazile so there's that connection.
I think brown and Nelson most likely stay in the draft

This would be a great get for UK. I'm guessing the move is either because Bradshaw is leaving OR will cause him to leave. Edwards & Brown need to play together, and that pushes Bradshaw to the 5.

I personally think Bradshaw needs to play the 5, and can play lots of minutes facing up to the basket. This is also where I think he plays at the next level. But, if he's hung up on us not having any depth at that position then I won't complain if he leaves. (BTW - I'm not saying this is true of Bradshaw, but there's been a lot of recent smoke in that direction.)
Bradshaw is obviously a 5. You don't take a 7' guy with elite rim protector skils and put him out on the arch to guard guys 6" shorter. That is nuts. I believe Cal accommodates these pipe dreams from 5 star players and then gets them in practice where he proves it is not best for the team. Towns wanted to be a 4 and became the #1 draft choice as a 5. Knox wanted to be a 2 and became a first rounder as a combo F. I am not sure how Cal will handle Bradshaw and Onyenso. But he screwed Onyenso last year, so no reason to think he can't do it again. If he could not find a role for Charles Matthews and Bryce Hopkins, no reason to think he will hesitate to do it to Onyenso.

If I were a nba team I would take a flyer on a guy like brown over Livingston, but since livngston is younger they would rather go Livingston
Yeah, I mean I do understand have a couple years to develop and all but with my eyes, it’s not close as who’s the best player and best prospect to actually start and help a team. Now I love that Livingston chose Kentucky to play his year of basketball, hopefully he makes it two, but Kobe Brown is a damn good player and is going to be close to a 20 point per night guy in the league In my opinion in a couple years. He also has tremendous length and athleticism to play high level defense if he pushes himself and gets in peak condition. Livingston is going to have a good career I’d say but he’s not a go to type player like Brown. Now Chris could become the better player in time of course but I wouldn’t bet on it with my money. Haha. Still love the kid and hope he does well of course, but honesty is important when you’re trying to pay these guys that kind of money to play in the NBA.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Yeah, I mean I do understand have a couple years to develop and all but with my eyes, it’s not close as who’s the best player and best prospect to actually start and help a team. Now I love that Livingston chose Kentucky to play his year of basketball, hopefully he makes it two, but Kobe Brown is a damn good player and is going to be close to a 20 point per night guy in the league In my opinion in a couple years. He also has tremendous length and athleticism to play high level defense if he pushes himself and gets in peak condition. Livingston is going to have a good career I’d say but he’s not a go to type player like Brown. Now Chris could become the better player in time of course but I wouldn’t bet on it with my money. Haha. Still love the kid and hope he does well of course, but honesty is important when you’re trying to pay these guys that kind of money to play in the NBA.
Brown will be a small ball four nightmare, because he is strong enough and atheltic enough to ply that spot

I am at Mizzou’s graduation right now. Kobe Brown is here and graduating. No word from him on transferring. 😂

Matthews did not belong at UK
Wut?? He flourished away from Cal like most of his players do and became an AA at Michigan. Granted, he was not a OAD and Cal struggles to coach those kinds of guys but he had the talent to play here.

Wut?? He flourished away from Cal like most of his players do and became an AA at Michigan. Granted, he was not a OAD and Cal struggles to coach those kinds of guys but he had the talent to play here.
Wait for his next statement, he's probably going to say Juzang didn't belong at UK too.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Yep. Cal struggled to coach the 2012 one and done group.

Granted, he was not a OAD and Cal struggles to coach those kinds of guys but he had the talent to play here.

Yeah no for sure, I mean Cal has never had any success with non-freshman from a development standpoint.

Cal just can't coach those dudes.

Except:

Oscar (2 time All American and National Player of the Year)
WCS (1st team All American as a Junior)
Immanuel Quickley (SEC POY as a Sophomore)
Nick Richards (Turned into an NBA Draft pick and NBA role player and had a dominant year as a Junior)
Tyler Ulis (SEC POY and First Team All American as a Sophomore)
Terrence Jones (National Champion and Lottery Pick)
Doron Lamb (National Champion and NBA Draft Pick)
PJ Washington (Lottery Pick and 1st team All SEC)
Josh Harrelson (Final Four and an incredible turnaround for a player we all thought was terrible)
Darius Miller (National Champion and NBA Draft Pick)
DeAndre Liggins (Final Four and incredible turnaround)
Jacob Toppin (We all saw what he became this year)

I could go on and on these are just some of the first that come to mind.

Are you talking about Charles Matthews??

Yep. Cal struggled to coach the 2012 one and done group.
You have a hard time keeping up. I said Cal struggles coaching the non-OAD guys. This past year was a prime example. If his guys aren’t super athletes that can out-athlete the opponent, his teams usually struggle.

Yeah no for sure, I mean Cal has never had any success with non-freshman from a development standpoint.

Cal just can't coach those dudes.

Except:

Oscar (2 time All American and National Player of the Year)
WCS (1st team All American as a Junior)
Immanuel Quickley (SEC POY as a Sophomore)
Nick Richards (Turned into an NBA Draft pick and NBA role player and had a dominant year as a Junior)
Tyler Ulis (SEC POY and First Team All American as a Sophomore)
Terrence Jones (National Champion and Lottery Pick)
Doron Lamb (National Champion and NBA Draft Pick)
PJ Washington (Lottery Pick and 1st team All SEC)
Josh Harrelson (Final Four and an incredible turnaround for a player we all thought was terrible)
Darius Miller (National Champion and NBA Draft Pick)
DeAndre Liggins (Final Four and incredible turnaround)
Jacob Toppin (We all saw what he became this year)

I could go on and on these are just some of the first that come to mind.
I can name just as many that never got better or became worse.

I can name just as many that never got better or became worse.

You could literally do that for every coach in America, including the likes of Izzo, K, Donovan, Self, etc. etc. etc.

Apparently Huggins can never develop talent because Oscar went somewhere else and thrived, can't believe all those fools that inducted Huggins into the Hall of Fame.

You're just fishing at this point. Cal has a massive X's and O's problem, trying to spin it like he "struggles" to coach guys who stay more than 1 year just isn't the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT