ADVERTISEMENT

Kiyaunta Goodwin

Canned Heat

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2006
Announcing soon
https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/rivals100-ot-kiyaunta-goodwin-announcing-soon
Late Wednesday the Rivals100 offensive tackle listed again a top five of Kentucky, Ohio State, Michigan State, Clemson, and Alabama. More noteworthy, Goodwin announced that he will be making his choice known on April 17.

Five of Rivals' seven FutureCast predictions on Goodwin are in favor of Kentucky including the last five.

Landers is an inside guy for sure. Some question as to whether or not he is a for sure take for Kentucky, but I think he will be. He is not for Michigan State.
Landers does look like an OG for sure. Does UK see Drew Bobo as a C and what are UK's chances? Good he wants to visit.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Landers does look like an OG for sure. Does UK see Drew Bobo as a C and what are UK's chances? Good he wants to visit.
Not sure where UK sees him position wise as this time. I know he has a really good relationship with Wolford since his dad coached with him at South Carolina. Not sure where he is on the board yet either. Also, looks like Landers may be iffy as well.

Not sure where UK sees him position wise as this time. I know he has a really good relationship with Wolford since his dad coached with him at South Carolina. Not sure where he is on the board yet either. Also, looks like Landers may be iffy as well.
Is Landers iffy because UK may be in on higher rated players or players they see as having a higher "up" side?

Is Landers iffy because UK may be in on higher rated players or players they see as having a higher "up" side?
Just seems to be a lot of uncertainty of whether or not Kentucky would be ready to take him now or maybe perhaps down the road. They are looking to take two interior OL and the belief is they lead for Ohio OL Ryan Baer and Grant Bingham is likely a swing guy. So, they can be pretty selective IMO.

Just seems to be a lot of uncertainty of whether or not Kentucky would be ready to take him now or maybe perhaps down the road. They are looking to take two interior OL and the belief is they lead for Ohio OL Ryan Baer and Grant Bingham is likely a swing guy. So, they can be pretty selective IMO.
Will UK take 5 OL this time around?

Bobo is Mike Bobo'sson the OC at AU. Bobo trust Will Froend the OL voach at AU he took him to colorado ST as his OL coach and. OC and to Crackolina and AU as his OL coach
may be a tough pull from AU

Bobo is Mike Bobo'sson the OC at AU. Bobo trust Will Froend the OL voach at AU he took him to colorado ST as his OL coach and. OC and to Crackolina and AU as his OL coach
Knew that but UK's getting a visit as of now so you never know.

Unless something has recently changed, I don't believe Auburn is recruiting Drew Bobo that hard. But yes, if they turned up the heat that would definitely change things.

TBgjaRL8.jpg

Goodwin looks like a monster. Pure dawg.

Grumpy -- please don't take this wrong...but I'm kind of worried you were having a stroke when you posted this? ...or at least a really bad finger cramp???

Knew that but UK's getting a visit as of now so you never know.

That's true, and anything can happen in recruiting. I am a little surprised he would've a take for you. But UK has done really well with guys who might be considered undersized, well your C, the rest haven't been undersized.

Landers is an inside guy for sure. Some question as to whether or not he is a for sure take for Kentucky, but I think he will be. He is not for Michigan State.
I trust the coaching staff but it seems odd that this kid would be a take for us but not MSU. Especially since we seem to be in a good spot with several O lineman.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I trust the coaching staff but it seems odd that this kid would be a take for us but not MSU. Especially since we seem to be in a good spot with several O lineman.
MSU already has two interior OL committed and aren't taking any more. Also, FWIW, it's looking like he may not be a take for Kentucky right now either.

Reactions: Cat4life03
I do not see Landers ever being a take for us. He just does not have the feet to be a good fit in the new scheme. We need guards that can get out and move in space. Landers more of a phone booth type player.

Unless something has recently changed, I don't believe Auburn is recruiting Drew Bobo that hard. But yes, if they turned up the heat that would definitely change things.

You may be correct, I dont keep up with who they go after hard unless we are after them too. But right now,according to their fans their recruiting is awful, especially OL recruitment. I know Friend isnt a strong recruiter from his time at UGA.

He isnt physically the type of OL UK typically recruitshe is a fairly small kid and his dad doesnt have a huge frame. However his OL was excellent at protecting him in downtown Athens.

He tried to make it to the Buckeye BB cue and Ryan Day said no and turned him away. Sounds like some bad blood there

He tried to make it to the Buckeye BB cue and Ryan Day said no and turned him away. Sounds like some bad blood there
This is interesting. I guess an OSU visit is likely off the table then. Rock said he’d be surprised if he went anywhere but UK. Definitely the prospect I’m most excited about.

This is interesting. I guess an OSU visit is likely off the table then. Rock said he’d be surprised if he went anywhere but UK. Definitely the prospect I’m most excited about.
If he did flip, this would go from beat class ever to not very good in a few months.

Reactions: K_TIME
Reading this thread I can't tell exactly what's going on. Is there talk of Goodwin flipping? Where's it coming from?

Reading this thread I can't tell exactly what's going on. Is there talk of Goodwin flipping? Where's it coming from?
Sounds like some MSU fans might think so but I really doubt it. MSU head coach is a good recruiter but they don’t have anything to offer over Kentucky. Goodwin seems right with Marrow too.

Sounds like some MSU fans might think so but I really doubt it. MSU head coach is a good recruiter but they don’t have anything to offer over Kentucky. Goodwin seems right with Marrow too.
He took a visit there in June. There was chatter then they thought they still had a good chance

He took a visit there in June. There was chatter then they thought they still had a good chance
Yep believe that was an unofficial. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go up for an official during the season as well. Maybe they could offer earlier PT I’m not sure.

If he were to flip from UK...OSU, Bama, Clemson, etc..makes sense. But MSU would be a total out of the blue team to pick.

1. They are not that much better of a program than UK at this time.
2. He has no family or connections to MSU
3. He lives in Ky/Southern Indiana
4. UK's OL coaching has been eons better than MSU lately

So unless a crazy NIL paycheck is part of this...I don't see MSU as a flip form UK

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT