ADVERTISEMENT

Kinda BBall related. Joe Bologna hanging it up.

Hmm maybe that was it but I know it wasn’t New York style though. Looked up the building and that’s not it. This place is a stand alone restaurant. You walk thru a huge gate and around back is a big patio area all fenced it. About a 200 Inch projection screen with games on it outside. Then you walk upstairs into the inside portion. It’s was amazing but only ate there once and can’t remember the name for anything.
Pazzos maybe. It’s not there any more unfortunately.

Probably Tolly Ho. That joint is a crap hole and I hardly saw anyone there this season. Of course I don't live there so I don't see it as much as locals, but with my hotel just down past there I went by probably 10-15 times and it was dead, even late at night.
Man, I loved Tolly Ho. Was at UK when it opened. Went back in the mid 90's, and the wife and I both got food poisoning. Haven't been back

Omg I think that may be it. Maybe that’s why I couldn’t find it. You don’t know how much this means to me. I’ve racked my brain and searched since 2014 trying to think of it.
Glad to help! I watched us lose to Wisconsin on that big screen. Pazzo’s was great, good pizza, and good deals on pints.

Two Keys Tavern/Clubhouse has moved into the building that used to house Pazzo’s. While they still have a decent projector screen, the clientele gets pretty obnoxious by 10pm - all college kids.

Probably Tolly Ho. That joint is a crap hole and I hardly saw anyone there this season. Of course I don't live there so I don't see it as much as locals, but with my hotel just down past there I went by probably 10-15 times and it was dead, even late at night.
You mean Howell's Dairy Dip?

It has never exactly been fine dining.

I remember people telling me, "Get the hash browns. Get the hash browns."

The summer I turned 14, I got a Whiz Burger from Dizzy Whizz in Louisville every weekday for lunch. (I went to work with Dad that summer.) So, I know about the allure of diner food.

But I never got Howell's famous hash browns.

We pass by Indi's a lot when in Lexington. Are their wings any good? Been wanting to stop there.

Glad to help! I watched us lose to Wisconsin on that big screen. Pazzo’s was great, good pizza, and good deals on pints.

Two Keys Tavern/Clubhouse has moved into the building that used to house Pazzo’s. While they still have a decent projector screen, the clientele gets pretty obnoxious by 10pm - all college kids.
Yeah that patio area was legit, and the pizza was phenomenal. I always wanted to go back. That screen out there was huge.

Reactions: Girthang
You mean Howell's Dairy Dip?

It has never exactly been fine dining.

I remember people telling me, "Get the hash browns. Get the hash browns."

The summer I turned 14, I got a Whiz Burger from Dizzy Whizz in Louisville every weekday for lunch. (I went to work with Dad that summer.) So, I know about the allure of diner food.

But I never got Howell's famous hash browns.
I used to drive by Dizzy Whizz off St. Chatherine all the time to meet one of my old dealers in downtown lol

When I was going to UK it started and was the place to go. Awesome pizza back then. Years later came for a visit and I agree it had really gone downhill. Still sad in a nostalgic way. What's next, Columbia's?
Columbia's has been down for a long time, especially the Richmond Road Restaurant. Started around the time Smitty left. I've been to Joe B's recently and didn't think it had dropped off that much. When I first came to Lexington people that lived here told me I should try the Little Inn. I did and thought it was terrible. It closed shortly after that. Maybe that will happen to Joe B's. My opinion on Joe B's could be colored by my fond memories of dates there with my wife when we were dating.

Reactions: Girthang
Goodfellas is pretty fire. Huge slices New York style.

I don’t know what people are thinking though, Joe’s to this day has my favorite lasagna.

Had some great eggplant parm as well, but don't know if that's a regular feature.

Reactions: Jeff2Reed
Guys been a staple in Lexington forever. Growing up eating at Joe’s and watching the games, sad time. Who here is buying it!
No place better in late 70's, many nights playing poker in Blanding 3 and we ordered breadsticks and pizza late night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT