All-SEC
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2016
  • September 2, 4:00 PM ET: at Southern Miss, CBS Sports Network
  • September 9, 12:00 PM ET: vs. Eastern Kentucky, SEC Network
  • September 16, 7:30 PM ET: at South Carolina, SEC Network
LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn. I was hoping for at USCjr at noon. Now the crowd will be fired up with it being a night game.

Darn. I was hoping for at USCjr at noon. Now the crowd will be fired up with it being a night game.

i will be there. my first trip to Williams-Brice I am pretty excited. That game will show the SEC that Kentucky is ready to be a legit contender in the East. You win that game and it proves we can stand prosperity especially with the Gators rolling into Lexington the next week.

i will be there. my first trip to Williams-Brice I am pretty excited. That game will show the SEC that Kentucky is ready to be a legit contender in the East. You win that game and it proves we can stand prosperity especially with the Gators rolling into Lexington the next week.
I'll be there as well (with some USCjr fans unfortunately). If we make it to week 4 undefeated in semi impressive fashion, I think you may see us crack the top 25 to make the TV matchup w/ UF at home more appealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: uksam21
Other than Vandy but have we ever beat an SEC team 4 times in a row?

Miss State 8 in row? Wow did not know that. Would have never thought that

I looked and one of the games in the middle of that 8 was a forfeit.

11 November 1, 1958 Lexington, KY Kentucky 33–12
12 October 7, 1972 Lexington, KY Kentucky 17–13
13 October 6, 1973 Jackson, MS Kentucky 42–14
14 October 9, 1976 Jackson, MS Mississippi State† 14–7
15 October 8, 1977 Lexington, KY Kentucky 23–7
16 October 13, 1984 Starkville, MS Kentucky 17–13
17 October 12, 1985 Lexington, KY Kentucky 33–19
18 October 13, 1990 Lexington, KY Kentucky 17–15

† Mississippi State forfeited as part of NCAA penalties.

I think this sets up OK for UK. South Carolina at night is probably worse than having to play them at noon (unless you think the heat is a negative for UK and in that case a night game is better).

The upside is that A) UK has won in Columbia at night multiple times (as recently as 2015) and B) USC could very well be coming in 0-2. If that's the case, it's hard to imagine that the home crowd will be juiced up for a game against Kentucky. They play NC State week 1 (likely loss) and then have to go on the road to play Mizzou and I'd say that's a toss-up.

I think this sets up OK for UK. South Carolina at night is probably worse than having to play them at noon (unless you think the heat is a negative for UK and in that case a night game is better).

The upside is that A) UK has won in Columbia at night multiple times (as recently as 2015) and B) USC could very well be coming in 0-2. If that's the case, it's hard to imagine that the home crowd will be juiced up for a game against Kentucky. They play NC State week 1 (likely loss) and then have to go on the road to play Mizzou and I'd say that's a toss-up.
Or SCAR could be coming in 2-0.

South Carolina will def be playing tougher teams starting out. I think that could go either way on helping or hurting, we will have a good idea of how good of a team they are though. I know they have some good players, but I don't think they have as much depth as UK, Spurrier didn't leave a whole in the cupboard.

I don't think Missouri is any good at all. Tough on the road though in the sec

They were fired up in '15, and we won 28-24, at night.

I was there. We had maybe three times the number of fans there than for the Mizzou game I attended in '16 . . . . I guess more vacations could be planned around a trip to the more Southern Columbia?

Reactions: Nuke99m
it will be my first game at Columbia and I am glad it's a night game,, I was at the swamp last year and it was so smoking hot ! I cannot even imagine what it felt like with a FB uni on!

The time for the USM kickoff could not be scheduled at any hotter time of the day. We'll see how it affects both teams.

Houston, we'll crank the heat up in the indoor facility to prepare!

Seriously, we hope and expect to have 9 or 10 O-linemen ready to play, and can rotate, as we did in the second half of last season.

D-line could be huffin' hard by the finish.

ADVERTISEMENT