ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky @ Vanderbilt - Game 2

Old_Red

All-American
Jun 7, 2001
Starting off like gangbusters with two 1-2 strike outs. Pitre doesn't strike out. He grounds weakly to the shortstop.

Vanderbilt scores two in the bottom of the first with a lot of pressure on UK. We had one walk but also gave up 3 hits.

Man, I swear we had Bradfield struck out to start. Threw the same curve and it was a strike twice in a row to the last batter, but not strike 3 to Bradfield. Totally different inning if that's called a strike.

Kentucky ties it up in the top of the 3rd with timely two out singles. Doesn't tie it up except that Smith got another walk in the #9 batting spot. But Vanderbilt gets a solo home run in the bottom of the 3rd to retake the lead and the next batter gets another solo home run both with two outs. We get singles with seniors and they gets home runs with true freshmen.

Reactions: backinky2018
Softball is ahead 5-0. Amazing what getting Schoonover back on the mound does for the Softball team. Without her, they struggle to compete in the SEC. With her, they are a good SEC team.

Strickland comes in in the 4th and promptly gives up two singles to #8 and #9 hitters. This could be a long inning. They manage to get Bradfield on a bunt. That would be the first time we've gotten him out today.

Observation...looks like we've totally abandoned the aggressive bb we were playing. No base stealing, looking at called 3rd strikes, etc. Gonna be a long May for the team at this rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: cats1068
Not sure why we left Strickland in so long in the 7th. Was pretty clear he was getting hit hard

This team is fools gold but I'm still proud of them for the way they fought against the #1 team.

Observation...looks like we've totally abandoned the aggressive bb we were playing. No base stealing, looking at called 3rd strikes, etc. Gonna be a long May for the team at this rate.
They’re not playing the style that got them 30 dubs. Right now it’s long swings that lead to K’s and fly balls. I guess they don’t want to do small ball anymore. And if they don’t, then taking L’s it will be

Reactions: sluggercatfan
They’re not playing the style that got them 30 dubs. Right now it’s long swings that lead to K’s and fly balls. I guess they don’t want to do small ball anymore. And if they don’t, then taking L’s it will be
Puke orange looked like they were dead in the water 2 weeks, but now they'll most likely pass us next week.

We were really looking good earlier in the season but we really upped the competition dramatically. We are a decent team just don’t have the Jimmy and Joe’s to compete with the top tier SEC teams.

It's hard to steal second when they're pitching lefties every day. And, we're just not getting as many baserunners either. This is a brutal series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT