ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. USC Upstate (1)

UK goes with Dawson and he grounds one to the pitcher, but Hupp throws it away and everyone advances and UK gets its first run as well as has runners on second and third with one out.

5-1 Spartans here in the top of the 6th with one out and runners at second and third for UK. Pompey now up.

Pompey grounded out to first, but it still scores a run. Not the best outlook, but it gets UK a bit closer as Heyer scores and Dawson moves to third.

5-2 Spartans in the top of the 6th with two outs. Becker up and he grounds out to second to end the inning.

New feed is live. I don’t see a button to copy link. Will post if it pops up.

Brad gives up another hit. I think he needs to come out. That is two innings in a row that he has given up a hit to the leadoff man.

Haha I just clicked the share button on the post and copied the link that way.

I clicked embed and thought it would work to embed it here as media. It didn't so I just did it as a link. Ohh well.

Schaenzer gets a strikeout for the first out of the inning, and UK will go to the bullpen. It is going to be Jimmy Ramsey. Ramsey is another tall Minessota kid. A freshman righty standing 6'7. Bio says he throws 88-92.

Gabriel clearly taking a page from my book and reading the bio from the ukathletics website.

He gets a foul ball into right field and Shinn runs it down for the second out of the inning. Shinn went a long way to get that one. Ramsey looks to have a nice compact move to the plate. Ramsey gets another foul ball. Not sure who ran it down as the video feed got lost behind a pole. Gabriel says it was a sliding catch by Pompey. That gets him out of the inning.

5-2 Spartans after 6.

AKLINSKI HOME RUN!!!!! DOWN THE LEFT FIELD LINE!!! 5-3!!!

Ben jumped on the first pitch and that thing got out of the park on a line and in a hurry.

Collette still seems like he is dancing that bat instead of pausing a moment to get ready for the pitch. Because of that it seems like he is late. He battles after two early strikes, but he goes down on a fly ball to somewhat shallow right center.

By the way, the Upstate catcher is freaking huge! I think he goes 6'6.

Holy crap... Arkansas has scored 27 runs. Dear lord.

I watched the old movie last week with Tom Seleck "Mr. Baseball" where he is an American player on a Japanese baseball team. When they are down 6-1, he goes into the dugout and the manager is not happy. He says what are you frowning for? The manager says: "We are losing". Tom says: "We're not losing, we are behind".

Cottam works a full count walk with one out. Shinn now coming out and Colton Kessler coming in. He's a big freshman out of Missouri. He hits from the left side. Probably just a pinch hitter. Might see a new right fielder.

Gabriel is terrible. He makes a ton of mistakes. For instance, in talking about Kessler, he said he hits from the right side. He doesn't. He then says Kessler is listed as a catcher/infielder and that we'd likely see another new left fielder. Except, it would be another new right fielder. Does he not know his directions at all?

Kessler went down on strikes and Squires does what UK catchers do and he gets hit by a pitch. Heyer now up with 2 outs.

Upstate pitcher now struggling a bit going down 2-0 to Heyer. A mound visit hoping to settle him in. It doesn't work too well as he comes back and throws a third straight ball, and then walks him on four straight.

UK going to take down Trey Dawson. Marshall Gei coming in to pinch it. UK loving to play the catchers today. The junior from Mt. Juliet, Tennessee will bat from the left side and he pops one up behind third to end the threat. UK had them loaded, but couldn't plate any runs.

5-3 going to the bottom of the 7th. We will see a couple defensive changes here.

Senior Zeke Lewis coming in to play short stop and in right field we will have Cam Hill. The highly anticipated freshman.

Reactions: chill133
Bases loaded and Gei swings at that?

Marshall is a strange substitute there. Not sure who else we'd go to, but Gei has certainly not been a staple player as a pinch hitter. Would like to see him more, but that is a tough spot.

Cam Hill gets some early action as he gets the first out on a fly ball to right field. Ramsey then gets to play some defense himself as he fields a slow grounder back towards him and he underhands it to Squires for the second out of the inning. Very solid defensive play there for a guy who may in the future be a two way player. Cam Hill once again shows some glove as he makes a sliding catch out in right field. It really pumps up the UK team to see him make that play.

5-3 going to the 8th.

Pompey squeaks a 2-2 pitch through the right side. A true seeing eye single to lead off the 8th.

In other news, UK basketball looks like it will finally break its losing streak and they are currently winning 80-69 with 43.8 seconds. They just got a turnover to get the ball back.

Maybe the basketball guys just needed baseball to start to get going?

Becker battled hard before flying out to right field. Aklinski then takes a scary one off the shoulder up very high near the face. He seemed unphased by it.

OMG Gabriel is putting me to sleep

What is amazing is that nothing changes whether he is excited. Does the guy have a pulse at all?

Collette finally gets a hit as he bounces one through the right side and scores Pompey from second!!! 5-4 Spartans with 1 out.

Reactions: Tannerdad
Cottam hits one to third base, but that is enough to score a run and tie this ball game 5-5!! Great job to just poke and fight back into this game. Still have a runner in scoring position with Collette at second.

Cam Hill scheduled to hit. Collette going to be taken down for a pinch runner, Austin Keen. Kind of a funny pinch runner, a pitcher.

Auburn baseball has also put up 20+ runs today and it is only the 5th inning in their game against Longwood.

Man, the feed isn’t gone again. Kind of an important time to lose it.

Cottam hits one to third base, but that is enough to score a run and tie this ball game 5-5!! Great job to just poke and fight back into this game. Still have a runner in scoring position with Collette at second.

Cam Hill scheduled to hit. Collette going to be taken down for a pinch runner, Austin Keen. Kind of a funny pinch runner, a pitcher.
Great job by the Cats to methodically come back !

Cam Hill flies out to shallow center to end the inning. Still, UK got back two runs.

On another note, the Auburn baseball team is keeping pace with the Auburn basketball team as both have scored 21. The roundball Tigers are currently losing 45-21 in the first half of their game. Never fails that after beating Kentucky the team struggles.

Keen! I was joking about it to my wife. Pitchers are different types of players. He was jogging back to 2nd after a foul ball and looked like a country boy jogging through a loaded cow pasture.

They have the video back up. Arkansas has now scored 32 runs. They have scored 46 runs through two games.

Ramsey starts the inning with a ground our before giving up a walk and then a strikeout.

Interesting note, you rarely see a dugout without any sort of fence in front of it, but looks to be the case here at Upstate.

Ramsey gets out of it. A huge at bat there. I think there was like 12 pitches in that at bat. Still, UK ended up winning the battle and we go to the top of the 9th. UK has Squires, Heyer and Lewis coming up. Have to imagine that they may take down Lewis unless he's called on to bunt.

Cam Hill maybe showed CF speed on that sliding sideline catch. That was encouraging.

New pitcher for Upstate, Theissen now in, he is a righty.

Squires bounces one to the right side for out number one. For once, the video is now behind Gabriel and the audio. I kind of like it better this way. I can listen to Gabriel and then switch to the video to see it.

Heyer then check swings and it goes to first. He dives into first, but not in time. 2 outs.

I stand corrected, the video has now jumped forward and is ahead of Gabriel again. lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT