ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. USC Upstate (1)

Pompey struck out looking to start. Becker drew a walk.

Some interesting changes to the lineup today. Note the change at catcher.

Becker steals second and Aklinski walked. Passed ball advanced the runners again. Collette strikes out.

Cottam rolled one up the middle for a ground out to end the threat.

USC Upstate gets out of a jam. With runners on second and third, Collett strikes out looking on an inside pitch (didn't like the call) and then Cottam grounded out to short. Ball ricocheted off the mound but cleanly played.

Thompson starts off with back to back strikeouts. The second was after going down 3-1. He then throws a slider that gets away from him and it hits the three hole hitter. Base hit grounded down the left field line and now runners at second and third. Strikeout to get out of the jam!!!

0-0 going to the 2nd

Welcome to Kentucky Ryan Johnson! First base hit as a Wildcat!

Squires strikes out swinging. Really have to cut down on strikeouts. That's three in two innings so far. Our very own ARod now up. Johnson begging to steal here. Alex also strikes out. Dawson takes an easy walk to get us a runner in scoring position for Pompey and the top of the lineup. Pompey grounded out to end the top of the second

Thompson does not have his best stuff but he's battled so far. Two walks in the B3. Runners at first and second, one out. Meeting at the mound now.

Ugh... really hurt right there. One strike away and we give up two runs instead.

Thompson walked in another. UK needs to take him out. He just doesn't quite have it this afternoon. Belanger coming out now, we should see Brad Schaenzer.

Not looking good, another 2 out hit for USC Upstate gives them two more runs. Aklinski bobbles the ball out in center, but I don't think that played a factor.

Runners now at the corners with 2 outs in the bottom of the third, UK down 5-0.

Cats get out of the inning with a strikeout, but not before the damage is done with 5 runs across in the bottom half of the third. Need to get this thing going again in the top half of the 4th. We will see Johnson, Squires and Arod up in the 4th.

Johnson grounded out before Squires gets an infield single up the middle. Upstate then bobbled a double play ball from Rodriguez and only get the lead runner. Dawson grounded on to third and the Spartans get out of the inning.

Aklinski really did not get a good jump on that ball in center. Will be interesting to see how he does out there because he definitely doesn't look like how you'd draw up a centerfielder.

Brad is settling in a bit. He got the first out with a grounder to short and then a strikeout. UK should have been out of the inning, but we commit our first error of the year as Rodriguez boots an easy one.

Well I spoke too soon I guess. Brad gives up a walk after the error. Mistakes hurt... hopefully we don't let them turn them into runs.

Upstate is taking a stick to our pitching staff. The fielding isn't helping.

UK gets the leadoff runner on as Pompey is hit by a pitch. He later advanced on a wild pitch. Becker moves the runner over on a sharply hit ball to the right side. Aklinski pops it up to second. TJ takes one off the calf for another hit by pitch. Cottam tried to go oppo-taco, but couldn't get enough on it and it ends up in a glove to end the threat.

Going to the bottom of the 5th with Kentucky down 5.

From the PBP, I guess I don't mind not seeing it. Two straight singles to start the bottom of the 5th. Not a good day for the pitching staff. Upstate followed by hitting into a DP without scoring the other runner.

Brad got into a bind, but UK gets out of it. Brad gave up back to back singles before getting a double play and then a come backer to end the inning.

Brad got into a bind, but UK gets out of it. Brad gave up back to back singles before getting a double play and then a come backer to end the inning.
I'd bet someone screwed up. It went off after two hours. Must have thought it was a basketball game. Sheesh...

Cats will face a new pitcher. Matthews will be coming in. Ryan Shinn now coming in for Johnson. UK might play this matchup game with the two of them where Shinn faces righties and Johnson faces lefties.

I'd bet someone screwed up. It went off after two hours. Must have thought it was a basketball game. Sheesh...

Not sure. I am waiting to see if it pops back on. Do those feeds have a limit of how long they can be?

Shinn fouled out to left field. Squires gets hit by a pitch and gets a free base. Third hit by pitch today. Heyer now coming in for ARod. Heyer lines one into the left field corner and he gets a double. Runners on second and third. Spartans now going to the bullpen again. Hupp will be the pitcher. UK might take down Dawson. We will see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT