ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. South Carolina (Sunday)

Demurias throwing his curve ball right down home plate. Need to sit on that because he definitely isn't getting it low or even much on the hands on lefties. It is there available to drive.

UK not able to take advantage and goes down 1-2-3 in the 7th. UK up 9-5 going to the 8th.

Mach gets me an excuse me out on a half swing that goes to first base for the first out. Ground out to Dawson for out number two. Another grounder to Dawson ends the USC 8th. 9-5 going to the bottom half.

What? You don't want to see if McGeorge or Hazelwood can shut down South Carolina in the top of the ninth? I know I don't.

Now they will be facing 2, 3, 4. I wouldn't mind seeing those guys if UK puts up about 3 more insurance runs right here. I want those guys to get more experience, but not in this game.

Heyer gets robbed of a hit by a diving centerfielder.

Becker reached on a grounder to short that the SS couldn't transition to glove to hand and it goes for an error. Cottam then doubles off the wall. Runners on second and third with 1 out. They are going to give an IBB to Collett.

This is probably more of an attempt to save a run and set up a double play than it is respect to Collett. Aklinski is a pretty scary hitter here with his ability to get base hits and his patience at the plate.

Lewis now pinch running for Collett.

Aklinski put one heck of a charge into one... off the bat it looked outstanding and Cortes ran a long way to run it down halfway onto the warning track, but it goes for a long sac fly to give UK a 10-5 lead.

I really want to see ARod get a big hit right here. Just to reward his solid defense, and reward him for being real tough after taking a ball off the helmet earlier. Unfortunately, he grounds out to third instead and we go to the 9th needing three outs to take another series win at the Cliff.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
By the way, next week will be very interesting as we actually go on the road on Wednesday to face Western Carolina in Cullowhee, North Carolina. We will then be heading to Georgia for the weekend series. Not exactly sure who thought it was a good idea to head to Western Carolina for a midweek game, but we're doing it. lol

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
SEC scores:

Tennessee leading Florida 4-1 in the bottom of the 3rd. I guess that one is going 7, but I am not sure. Tennessee is extremely close to taking that series if they hold off UF in the top of the 7th in the previous game and then finish this one out. As it is, they might salvage one.

Auburn up 3-0 against Arky in the top of the second.

Ole Miss leading Miss. State 5-4 in the bottom of the 9th. Scratch that... Miss. State just tied it up in the bottom half. Wow. Ole Miss has out hit them 15-9.

Right now, it looks like we might just actually have 6 teams with the same record at 5-7.

UK with 3 fly ball outs to end the 9th inning. The last one a great diving catch by Aklinski. UK wins the series to go to 5-7 on the year in SEC play. Mach gets his 4th save of the season. Needed this win and it puts us at a tie with South Carolina (which we own the tiebreaker) with South Carolina. Also puts us at a tie with Alabama and Texas A&M.

I really want to see ARod get a big hit right here. Just to reward his solid defense, and reward him for being real tough after taking a ball off the helmet earlier. Unfortunately, he grounds out to third instead and we go to the 9th needing three outs to take another series win at the Cliff.
You know we are 4-0 in games A Rod has started recently, assuming we hang on today. He DID NOT start last night ...... Hummmmm

FINAL: #Kentucky 10, South Carolina 5. Cats take 2 of 3 from Gamecocks to win the series. UK hit four HRs, twice going back to back.

You know we are 4-0 in games A Rod has started recently, assuming we hang on today. He DID NOT start last night ...... Hummmmm

I hate to mess with your mojo, but I am pretty sure that he started last night, but they took him out in the 3rd inning before he actually got to hit.

Wow... changed it to the Auburn game and Auburn hits a two run blast and it is controversial because it looks like the left fielder catches it and the guy on first runs back towards first and comes back past the runner and so they call the hitter out because he goes past the runner. So, it only gets one run instead of two. Insane!

By the way, next week will be very interesting as we actually go on the road on Wednesday to face Western Carolina in Cullowhee, North Carolina. We will then be heading to Georgia for the weekend series. Not exactly sure who thought it was a good idea to head to Western Carolina for a midweek game, but we're doing it. lol
Western Carolina is 3-25 can't blow that one like we did vs Northern Kentucky.

So, at least 5 teams are going to be 5-7 after this weekend and it might be 6 if Auburn can topple Arkansas. They are currently tied 4-4 in the 7th with the bases loaded and 2 outs with Arkansas up. Auburn would be up 5-4 (or more) but for the crazy play with the home run I mentioned earlier.

So, that means that those 5-6 teams could be tied for 8th place in the SEC.

I might consider taking Lewis out right here. He isn't doing bad, but he's not locating and this is a must have game for UK. Taylor is at the plate and he's hit UK hard this weekend.
I love ya CB3, but last night you had no problem leaving Haake
I might consider taking Lewis out right here. He isn't doing bad, but he's not locating and this is a must have game for UK. Taylor is at the plate and he's hit UK hard this weekend.
I love ya CB3, but last night you had no problem leaving Haake in at 5-0 looking horrible yet you are for pulling a much better pitcher in Lewis...why? We need to sweep a couple of teams and we cant have the coaches telling the team down 5-0 that the games over and that seemed to be the message they sent leaving him in. On to Ga, it would be nice to win that series

‪Amazing diving stop by Dawson at short and scoop by Cottam at first to save a run and get the Cats out of the inning. SportsCenter Top 10 worthy. Mingione said in preseason Dawson may be best defensive SS he’s ever coached. Showed it there. ‬
T10 indeed!!!

I love ya CB3, but last night you had no problem leaving Haake

I love ya CB3, but last night you had no problem leaving Haake in at 5-0 looking horrible yet you are for pulling a much better pitcher in Lewis...why? We need to sweep a couple of teams and we cant have the coaches telling the team down 5-0 that the games over and that seemed to be the message they sent leaving him in. On to Ga, it would be nice to win that series

I think the difference for me is that Lewis was throwing a lot of balls and walked a couple to get to those bases loaded. Haake, on the other hand, was hitting his spots and throwing mostly strikes but getting hit. Lewis was similar to Haake a week ago... he would pitch himself into trouble and pitch out. Today I hoped they wouldn't let him pitch out.

Yesterday I'm not upset either way... they take him out then I'm okay with it. They leave him in. I'm okay with it.

Becker tried to steal second and gets thrown out. Pretty dumb move there. He is out by a mile. Have to stop that. Our most dangerous hitter at the dish and we get an out on the bases while their pitcher is struggling. Just silly.
I wondered at the time if Cottam missed the Hit and Run sign?

Totally random note that I didn't know/realize... Austin Cousino is now a grad assistant at Miss. State. Seems like he struggled a bit in the minors.

I came to the Lexington for the weekend and saw the Friday and Sunday games with my wife. We had another engagement Saturday, but it looks like we didn't miss much. Other than being a little chilly, we had a great time at the games, our first time back since last June's NCAA regional. It was great to see the team in person, and enjoy some of Lexington. We had to stop at Crank and Boom before we left.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
This is shocking to me. I really thought he would do well in the pros.

I did too. Looked at his stats and he had a ton of strikeouts and hit sub .200 in 2016. Not sure what happened, because I thought he'd be a very good hitter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT