ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Sam Houston State

Here's hoping Thompson is on today, this SHS team is pretty good, went a long way in last season's NCAA tournament.

Hjelle yesterday felt like he had an F or D pitching game yesterday.

Ground out to ARod for the first out. It advances the runner. Almost had a pick off, but a poor throw keeps them safe. Strikeout by Thompson!! Another strikeout ends the inning!

One thing I have to compliment Henderson on is teaching pick off moves. I think we've regressed in that regard a bit.

Squires goes down looking and Aklinski grounds out. Becker put a charge into one but it's caught at the wall for out 3.

Reactions: AgesBlue
Fairly easy grounder taken y Dawson for the first out. Dawson playing by himself as he takes a pop fly in shallow left for out two. A battle, but Thompson wins and gets a strikeout!!

Bottom of the 2nd 0-0

Cottam flies out to right. Collett singles in the gap. HEYER HOME RUN!!!! 2-0 KENTUCKY!!!

I missed what happened to Ryan, but he got out. ARod then singled. Dawson grounds one through the right side and moves ARod to third. Squires ground out to the pitcher

Thompson starts the third with his fourth strikeout. Full count pop up for out number two. This one to Squires at first. Leadoff hitter bunts again and gets another infield single.

Aklinski leads off the bottom of the third with a walk. Becker hits it hard but it goes for 6-4-3 double play. Cottam with a double into the right center alley. Collett strikes out to end the 3rd.

2-0 UK

Heyer makes the catch in left for out number one. Aklinski takes a fly for out two. Thompson gets a strike out to end the Bearkat 4th.

2-0 UK

Is anyone else having trouble with the streaming? Mine is going black about every 5 minutes the last couple innings.

Heyer singles to start Kentucky off. He's on fire. Johnson squaring to bunt, but he's unable to do so. He swings away after getting two failed bunt attempts and he strikes out. Heyer tries to take second but he's picked off on the steal attempt. We continue be poor on the bases. They got Heyer by a good bit and it was a perfect throw. ARod having a good at bat making Wesneski throw a lot, but he finally goes down on strikes.

2-0 going to the 5th

Is anyone else having trouble with the streaming? Mine is going black about every 5 minutes the last couple innings.

Just turned it on. It's pretty jumpy but not going black. So, I'm largely listening to Dick and then looking up to watch the plays afterwards.

Heyer singles to start Kentucky off. He's on fire. Johnson squaring to bunt, but he's unable to do so. He swings away after getting two failed bunt attempts and he strikes out. Heyer tries to take second but he's picked off on the steal attempt. We continue be poor on the bases. They got Heyer by a good bit and it was a perfect throw. ARod having a good at bat making Wesneski throw a lot, but he finally goes down on strikes.

2-0 going to the 5th
Don't think Johnson has bunted a whole lot in the past. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Weird commercial there where Cottam and UK are meeting with Striker Hospital kids and for some reason he's wearing a blue hat with no UK logo on it.

Thompson gets a grounder to short to ARod for the first out.

A hitters count leads to a line drive single to left. It was a pretty decent pitch down in the zone. Thompson throws that nasty curve at 70mph and gets his 6th strikeout of the day. That thing is not hittable. Strong line drive fly ball is hit right at Heyer for the third out.

So we go to the bottom of the 5th. 2-0 Wildcats.

Dawson takes a four pitch walk to give UK another leadoff base runner here in the 5th. Bearkats have two arms working in the pen. Squires squares with two strikes and bunts Dawson over. Good sac bunt there. Aklinski rips one into left and it scores Dawson to put UK up 3-0. He hit that so hard it probably would have been a double if it weren't so hard hit. Becker pops out to short for out two. Cottam rips one into the alley but the center fielder is able to run it down to end the 5th.

UK adds another making it 3-0.

Aklinski kind of makes me think of Babe Ruth in terms of that short and thick body.

We're at the top of the lineup again with their leadoff hitter looking to bunt again but Thompson strikes him out looking. That's 8 for the day. Base hit up the middle gives SHSU a base runner. Thompson struggling s bit as he throws four straight balls to put two men on with one out. Belanger out to visit.

If I'm Belanger I have Haake up and working. Thompson has thrown 86 pitches so far though. Ramsey is actually up in the pen. Johnson pulls down a deep fly ball in right center. It's at the warning track for a loud out sac fly that puts runners on the corners. A good pitch at the knees but it was hit hard. Line drive hit right at Aklinski and he makes the grab to end the Bearkat threat.

3-0 mid-6th

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT