ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Miss State (Sat)

Freaking strike zone is terrible and all over the place. Unreal. Now it's terrible for Miss. State.

Pompey called out on what looked to be a ball. We don't get that pitch. That's low.

‪End of 3: Mississippi State 1, #Kentucky 0. Thompson back out on the mound to start the 4th. Harper is loosening in the bullpen as ZT’s pitch count is growing in only his second start back from injury. UK would like to squeeze a quick 4th from him since Lewis can’t go Sunday. ‬

76 pitches in. Too bad he's probably done for the day.

Likely done, but we're talking about a 1 run game here. So, we just need to get these bats going.

Heyer with another hit.

We're very close to this being tied. Remember that Squires was up with 2 outs and a wild pitch bounced off of him. If it goes over his head or by him then it's a run and we are tied in the first.

Wow... I do not know how some of these hits are staying in the Cliff. That looked like another home run ball off the bat.

‪End of 4: Mississippi State 1, #Kentucky 0. Ryan Shinn just missed a 2-run HR after brilliant 10-pitch AB. State LF makes running catch against the wall. ‬

‪Mason Hazelwood on in relief of UK’s Zack Thompson to begin the T5. Another really strong start for ZT coming off the injury. Could be big factor for Cats in postseason. ‬

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Mason Hazelwood gets in here and does some work! 13 pitches and sits them down!!!

Seeing someone come in from the bullpen and do well should help the attitude of the whole team. I'm betting we hit better this next half inning.

‪Mason Hazelwood on in relief of UK’s Zack Thompson to begin the T5. Another really strong start for ZT coming off the injury. Could be big factor for Cats in postseason. ‬

Great inning by Hazelwood. I think that is his first full inning all year. My wife and I sat next to his mom at the Indiana game last week. Nice lady.

Killer swings. Every time I think it's a huge hit and it goes for an out. I just don't get it. Lol

Seeing someone come in from the bullpen and do well should help the attitude of the whole team. I'm betting we hit better this next half inning.

Can't rely on the bottom of this lineup too much.

Ole Miss up again. We need them to take down Auburn.

Hazelwood sits them down in order!!! Come on UK! Get those bats working!!!

Top of the lineup now. UK needs to make a move now offensively.

This inning or the next one is the time. 6th inning is where things often fall apart for pitchers. UK has hit him hard a couple of times and actually leads State in hits. Just have to make a few of them pay off.

Need this right here by Heyer. Becker hits a sac fly to center that moves Pompey up. Heyer up. We just need something here. A bounce in the turf that gets by or a base hit. Need something to get this run across. Small is not hitting his spots and he's still getting freaking strikes.

They intentionally walk Heyer. Second time this weekend I believe. Hope Squires takes some offense and makes them pay with a big shot.

Squires bounces one up the middle that can't quite get past the short stop and he throws out Squires to end the 6th.

How many total runners have the Cats left on base thus far?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT