ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky @ Tennessee - Saturday game

Too many innings for Machamer, but what can we do? Didn't he get a bit roughed up by Missouri?

OK Dawson gets on to lead off. Pompey walks. Hoping for a big inning.

Squires looked good hitting a mistake pitch by Wallace, scoring Dawson. Still no one out.

I love listening to the crowd helping the umpire call pitches. Do they serve moonshine there? Heyer single home Pompey with a solid single.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Left two stranded, but did push 2 across. Question: if we get lightning, does 6 innings constitute a complete game or is it 7?

Left two stranded, but did push 2 across. Question: if we get lightning, does 6 innings constitute a complete game or is it 7?

I imagine they will just finish this one before the game tomorrow if it is called.

Machamer gets a ball bounced off of his back by Derkay. Two strikeouts and then Russell gets a sharp single to left. We need fewer pitches for Machamer not more. Very high toss from Squires to Machamer for the third out.

Excellent bunt by Dawson scores Zeke Lewis. Kessler probably doesn't score. Well, I'd just about bet that he wouldn't score, but has been making good at bats all game.

I've been hard on Ming this year, but great call bringing in Zeke to run. If Kessler is on the bases, we don't score a run there

Pompey has good speed, pitcher doesn't do a great job getting to first. Was going to be tough even if the pitcher gets on his horse.

Becker almost makes a spectacular grab but we have the leadoff runner on in the 8th looking at the top of the order.

Charleston gets on, still no outs. Can we hold a 7 run lead with our closer?

I thought the first pitch to Derkay was a strike but this broadcasting team must be the Tennessee announcers. They make no mention of it. Machamer gets him to ground out to Dawson.

Coching mistake? Ming should have save Machemer for tommorow after the Squires 3 run bomb gave them a 7 run lead. Lewis better throw a complete game.

FINAL: Kentucky 10, Tennessee 3. Cats bounce back strong in Game 2, first W of season in middle game of an SEC series. Squires, Becker each HR, drive in 3. Thompson Ks 7 in 3 IP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT