ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky @ Tennessee - Saturday game

Old_Red

All-American
Jun 7, 2001
Let's hope it is a game. No one had started the thread so I will.

Pompey hits a nice double down the left field line. Squires promptly swings at the first pitch and pops it up in the infield, failing to advance the runner. Cottam has his back and singles in Pompey.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
We get Cottam to third but Becker strikes out swinging. Still gets down to Kentucky's pitching.

Good start with two hits. Almost matched our total from yesterday. Thompson having a quick first, but walks the three hole. Lipcius hurt us yesterday. Hope we shut him down.

Windstream is treating me just as good as always. Buffered right through Dawson's whatever. Hate that.

Thompson is getting ahead and then... Well, I don't know because I never get to see the game. I get to see all of the advertisement so I know the inning is over.

Thompson is getting ahead and then... Well, I don't know because I never get to see the game. I get to see all of the advertisement so I know the inning is over.

Lol two strikeouts and a grounder to second.

I could have done without seeing our last half inning. Top of the order got nothing done and I got to see it all.

Huge battle here with a lot of foul offs for UT on a full count. Walked him. Looked like a good pitch.

Strikeout looking! UT fans very mad about that one.

Harper up in the bullpen

I really don't like seeing a pitching duel because we eventually have to go to our bullpen.

Harper not real sharp early. Two balls and then he left one up that goes for a long out to fairly deep center.

Harper got hit hard twice but he works a quick fourth. Very good for us.

Bunt advances Kessler and Dawson softly lines out to shallow center, but not deep enough.

Pompey struggling with runners on. UT thought they had him looking and were practically halfway off the field. He grounds out to second.

Leadoff double, move him to third with a sacrifice, and nothing, again...

The sad thing about our slump is the Tennessee pitcher is throwing in the high 80's and we still can't hit him.

UT gets their first hit in the 5th with a single past the diving Dawson.

If you can't get the runner in from 90 ft in 2 chances, then you don't deserve it. At least a bunt is a productive out as opposed to what 2 and 6 did that inning.

Wild pitch moves the runner up. Hard single to right puts them at the corners with 0 outs.

Belanger out. Harper has been hit hard so far.

We're in big trouble here. UT will get at least two runs. We strand runners all the time, but everyone else seems to cash in against us.

You hope at some point the bats come alive, but they didn't last night. is there something going on with this team? I'm sure the pitching woes is discouraging, but the hitting has been pitiful also.

Reactions: cats1068
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT