ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Staff wanted Reed to shoot more

Any Pilgram in the state of Kentucky that has watched UK basketball already knew this was coming. Reed is not your run of the mill point guard. He will be in the NBA more than likely next year, because no one is more ready. Nobody in college basketball is more ready.

Reed, It has absolutely been a pleasure watching you play. Do what you feel you need to do. I would love to see you next year to lead this team to another championship.

Aren't all of you mind readers, who profess to know the motives behind every move, concerned that he might be protecting his shooting percentages by limiting his shots? I mean, I'm not, but it sounds like the same stuff you've spouted, then quoted as fact, in the past.

Sign me up to coach, I could have said that
The issue was he wasn’t doing it. How many times this year have we seen him be too unselfish and pass up an open look. Love the kid but shoot it damn it!

I think there was only one or two times this year where he took an ill advised or badly rushed three. I think one was the UNCW loss where everybody was trying to do waaaay too much.

He just needs to take those open looks he gets. If it’s a miss. So be it.

That would require our players to screen away from the ball …which Cal’s offense almost never does.

Only ball screens or none at all seems to be how he views setting screens.
Simply not true. We actually run too many plays for my liking. Not as much as flex tubby stall ball. But still too many.

Aren't all of you mind readers, who profess to know the motives behind every move, concerned that he might be protecting his shooting percentages by limiting his shots? I mean, I'm not, but it sounds like the same stuff you've spouted, then quoted as fact, in the past.
Couple of weeks ago Jeff told me that he wish Reed would shoot more threes so he would have enough to qualify for the national rankings. He said Reed needed to average 6 attempts per game in the remaining games to qualify. So limited shots in order to preserve percentage means nothing if you don’t shoot enough to qualify.

Any Pilgram in the state of Kentucky that has watched UK basketball already knew this was coming. Reed is not your run of the mill point guard. He will be in the NBA more than likely next year, because no one is more ready. Nobody in college basketball is more ready.

Reed, It has absolutely been a pleasure watching you play. Do what you feel you need to do. I would love to see you next year to lead this team to another championship.
Next year's team, with what's currently coming in and slated to come back, isn't winning a title with Reed. I just love the kid and his family, but Cal doesn't build teams very well. No question Reed's parents are aware of that.

Simply not true. We actually run too many plays for my liking. Not as much as flex tubby stall ball. But still too many.
Lol. You have to be paid to post this stuff. "run too many plays"? Name them. Teams that actually run lots of plays include:

Auburn
Belmont
Gonzaga
Tennessee
Duke

and MANY more. UK under Cal is not one of them, and never has been.

Next year's team, with what's currently coming in and slated to come back, isn't winning a title with Reed. I just love the kid and his family, but Cal doesn't build teams very well. No question Reed's parents are aware of that.
Well, what if we got back everybody not projected in the 1st round and got an Antonio Reeves caliber wing transfer? I can dream if I want to...

Couple of weeks ago Jeff told me that he wish Reed would shoot more threes so he would have enough to qualify for the national rankings. He said Reed needed to average 6 attempts per game in the remaining games to qualify. So limited shots in order to preserve percentage means nothing if you don’t shoot enough to qualify.
As I said originally. I'm not a conspiracy believer. I was simply poking the hornets nest of mind readers who believe they know the motives for everything.

Reactions: yoshukai
That would require our players to screen away from the ball …which Cal’s offense almost never does.

SMH.

Aren’t you one of those who attacks others for injecting negativity in an otherwise positive thread?

Pot meet kettle.

The entire floppy action is off ball screening. We occasionally use 2 screens where Reeves uses both to free himself up (normally on the left side of the court) moving down towards the corner. We don't use that enough in my opinion, seems like he's wide open everytime we do.

Reed has passed up some open looks but most coaches would design sets to get their best shooters shots.

Love the floppy action for Reeves.

How about the elbow curl action that Tubby ran for Jeff?
I’ve been saying this all year but others on here who have never coached roasted me. Saying he was passing up open shots. Seldom does that happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT