ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Officially Offers Tyty Washington

Keep living in lala land. What will you consider a successful season? Making the NCAAT? And 4th in the SEC?

Predict the season you think we will have?
"Just making the NCAAT"?? we're not Alabama or Ga.........I consider it a good season if we're one of the teams at the end that is in the convo.. ..We will win 25+ games and be a top 1-3 seed..

Now your turn..what will next season be in your opinion

"Just making the NCAAT"?? we're not Alabama or Ga.........I consider it a good season if we're one of the teams at the end that is in the convo.. ..We will win 25+ games and be a top 1-3 seed..

Now your turn..what will next season be in your opinion
I think we lose 10 plus games
Finish no better than 4th in the SEC
End up 6-8 seed
Probably lose the 2nd round of NCAAT, make sweet 16 at the very best

I think we lose 10 plus games
Finish no better than 4th in the SEC
End up 6-8 seed
Probably lose the 2nd round of NCAAT, make sweet 16 at the very best
Ok, we're pretty far apart..we'll see who is closest in about a year.. so you have us finishing behind who in the SEC..

I saw Washington play on ESPN. Looks like a strong guard that will be able to finish through contact on the college level. He's got good court vision but is looking to score. Hickman is a much more traditional point guard. I doubt TY Ty would want to go anywhere that he's not guaranteed to start and I think Cal is looking for a stud transfer at point. If Cal can't make that happen and Mintz goes elsewhere Ty Ty would be a good option.

I imagine Cal is selling him on playing both guard spots. The "position-less basketball" spiel. I think there's zero chance Cal rolls into next season without getting an experienced PG from the portal. Reading the tea leaves makes me think Mintz is gone. Seems like we're mentioned with an awful lot of guards. I'm not opposed to adding 2 more to the backcourt if Mintz comes back but one would have to be OK with lesser PT because you're starting to get into a minutes crunch.

But I've been on the Tyty hype train for a while and I like the idea of him playing off the ball some and backing up at PG when needed. Last year showed we need more ball-handlers and playmakers. Hickman's a good enough shooter to play 2-guard as well. It could be a really versatile backcourt.

Last edited:
Apparently I can’t read “retard”. Nobody knows what you are talking about? Are you scared to say it or something? Buck up, bronco.
Lol wow. Let me buck up and gather the courage to explain that if you have to spell out a joke it ruins it. Myron made the same joke so read his post. But don’t call him a retard that’s not nice.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
Cal never was a terrible coach. If he was, he wouldn’t be in the Hall of Fame. But, we do have some terrible fans, and you’re one of them if you think Cal’s a terrible coach. You’re a fair weather fan, and we don’t want, or need, fans like you.

If you’ve been following his recruitment, Carr plans on getting feedback from the NBA before he makes a decision. He has not done that yet. If he decides to go back to school, we should have a great shot. Thanks
Cal may not be terrible, but he isn't great either. If he was great uk would have at least 2 more titles. He is stubborn and arrogant, never changing to match team personnel or the changing of the game

I imagine Cal is selling him on playing both guard sports. The "position-less basketball" spiel. I think there's zero chance Cal rolls into next season without getting an experienced PG from the portal. Reading the tea leaves makes me think Mintz is gone. Seems like we're mentioned with an awful lot of guards. I'm not opposed to adding 2 more to the backcourt if Mintz comes back but one would have to be OK with lesser PT because you're starting to get into a minutes crunch.

But I've been on the Tyty hype train for a while and I like the idea of him playing off the ball some and backing up at PG when needed. Last year showed we need more ball-handlers and playmakers. Hickman's a good enough shooter to play 2-guard as well. It could be a really versatile backcourt.
Washington's dad knows all about Hickman and the and the possibility of both playing together. Said they are going to look at all the interested schools, including video, through the weekend and sounds like they will have a short list by next week.
I'm hoping we make it but am also glad we are looking at several other players.

Last edited:
Reactions: westerncat
Lol wow. Let me buck up and gather the courage to explain that if you have to spell out a joke it ruins it. Myron made the same joke so read his post. But don’t call him a retard that’s not nice.
That’s literally all you had to say. Nobody knew what the hell you were talking about so shitty joke there, guy.

Alabama, Arkansas, and Auburn
You might want to look at all the guys they lost...Bama lost Petty, Jones, Reese,, Ark lost Moody, Smith, Tate, Auburn lost (maybe) *Thor, Powell, and Cooper, we saw how bad they were without him....

Remember when Cal was a terrible coach but we all looked passed it because he was getting the best of the best recruits?

RIP 2010-2015
Yea terrible coaches always take 3 teams to a final 4 including two freaking mid majors. You don’t beat the 96 team with a 6 man rotation and one nba player being a bad coach. This Schtick on here is so freaking old.

It’s crazy how physically immature he looks. No judgement, and if he can play he can play, but he will need serious gym time to compete with grown men.
I think it’s just the baby face. He plays strong and isn’t as skinny as guys last year

Reactions: jgraf_1
I think it’s just the baby face. He plays strong and isn’t as skinny as guys last year

he’s pretty wiry ala Boston, but then again Fox was pretty wiry too. I just really don’t want to see another underdeveloped kid flail away like Boston did.

Yea terrible coaches always take 3 teams to a final 4 including two freaking mid majors. You don’t beat the 96 team with a 6 man rotation and one nba player being a bad coach. This Schtick on here is so freaking old.
Hopefully he adds a Camby, Davis, Rose, Randle, KAT sometime soon so he can get back to that success.

I'm in the camp that thinks TyTy Washington is more along lines of what UK is used to having at guard and he's more prepared physically and athletically for SEC play then Hickman. But as is the case with any player, specifically FR, we'll wait and see how it goes and in Washington's case if he even ends up in Lexington

You might want to look at all the guys they lost...Bama lost Petty, Jones, Reese,, Ark lost Moody, Smith, Tate, Auburn lost (maybe) *Thor, Powell, and Cooper, we saw how bad they were without him....
I don’t need to look. We have Cal with no superstar players. That’s all I need to know. My prediction is the best I think we do next season. I wouldn’t be shocked if it turns out much worse.
Other teams can replace Auburn ahead of UK. And the way Oats coaches offense with 3’s or layups his teams will continue success. Him and Musselman are going to be on top of the SEC for a while. Cal and others will battle out for the 3rd spot in the years to come.
Cal can’t even handle Rick Barnes 🙄

I don’t need to look. We have Cal with no superstar players. That’s all I need to know. My prediction is the best I think we do next season. I wouldn’t be shocked if it turns out much worse.
Other teams can replace Auburn ahead of UK. And the way Oats coaches offense with 3’s or layups his teams will continue success. Him and Musselman are going to be on top of the SEC for a while. Cal and others will battle out for the 3rd spot in the years to come.
Cal can’t even handle Rick Barnes 🙄
I see what you are now..you're one of the cal haters pissed off because of the kneeling...

I'm in the camp that thinks TyTy Washington is more along lines of what UK is used to having at guard and he's more prepared physically and athletically for SEC play then Hickman. But as is the case with any player, specifically FR, we'll wait and see how it goes and in Washington's case if he even ends up in Lexington
Just reading a Kyle Tucker story - he was interviewing Washington and the kid had to call him back because Calipari called in the middle of the interview. He said this:

“Man, it’s super cool,” he said after chatting with Calipari. “I’m not going to lie, the first few times he called, I screen-shot his name because I couldn’t believe it. I’d be like, ‘Bro, you’re never going to guess who is calling me.’ My friends think I’m lying. So I had to show them.”

Which is odd. Apparently he doesn't read this board and so he doesn't know Cal is a washed-up dumbass who can't/never could coach. Interesting. The educational system really is failing these kids! heh

Edit: The kid's dad hasn't figure it out yet, either!

Tyrone Washington called it “every kid’s dream” to play for Calipari and Kentucky.

I see what you are now..you're one of the cal haters pissed off because of the kneeling...
I could care less about the kneeling. I’m disappointed in the on court performance and the downward trend our great basketball program is on.
He isn’t a good coach and the game has changed. He’s scrambling to build rosters and that’s the new normal.

I imagine Cal is selling him on playing both guard spots. The "position-less basketball" spiel. I think there's zero chance Cal rolls into next season without getting an experienced PG from the portal. Reading the tea leaves makes me think Mintz is gone. Seems like we're mentioned with an awful lot of guards. I'm not opposed to adding 2 more to the backcourt if Mintz comes back but one would have to be OK with lesser PT because you're starting to get into a minutes crunch.

I agree.

Not sure 2 freshman PGs is the way to roll.

130111wallbledsoe.jpg

That’s literally all you had to say. Nobody knew what the hell you were talking about so shitty joke there, guy.
Yeah I normally try to let this kind of dumb shit slide and chalk it up to Rafters being Rafters, but when I get “guy” then I have to respond.

You jumped on someone else in another thread for telling a joke you didn’t like. Like you’re the f——ing joke police.

“Nobody” knew what I was talking about? What did you poll everybody? Speak for yourself, you know since you were the only person who even commented on my post.

Better yet tell us a joke so we can see what a good joke looks like. Like your some kind of f——ing Lenny Bruce.

For future reference if you don’t like a stupid joke that someone tells, put them on ignore. And please, put me on ignore. It would be an honor. Someone who uses the word retard in a thread isn’t someone I’m interested in conversing with.

Sorry to everyone else in this thread. Carry on.

Yeah I normally try to let this kind of dumb shit slide and chalk it up to Rafters being Rafters, but when I get “guy” then I have to respond.

You jumped on someone else in another thread for telling a joke you didn’t like. Like you’re the f——ing joke police.

“Nobody” knew what I was talking about? What did you poll everybody? Speak for yourself, you know since you were the only person who even commented on my post.

Better yet tell us a joke so we can see what a good joke looks like. Like your some kind of f——ing Lenny Bruce.

For future reference if you don’t like a stupid joke that someone tells, put them on ignore. And please, put me on ignore. It would be an honor. Someone who uses the word retard in a thread isn’t someone I’m interested in conversing with.

Sorry to everyone else in this thread. Carry on.
TLDR.

Just reading a Kyle Tucker story - he was interviewing Washington and the kid had to call him back because Calipari called in the middle of the interview. He said this:

“Man, it’s super cool,” he said after chatting with Calipari. “I’m not going to lie, the first few times he called, I screen-shot his name because I couldn’t believe it. I’d be like, ‘Bro, you’re never going to guess who is calling me.’ My friends think I’m lying. So I had to show them.”
👍👍👍

If we don't fill our needs, it will be another long season, we will be lucky to make the tournament, imo.

Which is odd. Apparently he doesn't read this board and so he doesn't know Cal is a washed-up dumbass who can't/never could coach. Interesting. The educational system really is failing these kids! heh

Edit: The kid's dad hasn't figure it out yet, either!

Tyrone Washington called it “every kid’s dream” to play for Calipari and Kentucky.
If that excited, why no commitment

Sounds like football rankings not basketball
That’s how low Cal has taken us.
This season 5 SEC teams made it further than us in the NCAAT.
The last NCAAT we actually played in, Auburn sent us home and made it further in the NCAAT by doing so.
The season before that, South Carolina made it further in the NCAAT than us.
See the trend?

Last edited:
Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT