ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Officially Offers Tyty Washington

Of all the talk about who UK has reached out to or contacted, there have only been three developments that I find all that interesting in terms of pursuit of guards:

1) contacting Bryce Hamilton
2) McClung entering the portal
3) this.

I guess the Carr ship has sailed.
I wouldn’t say that just yet. I like Tyty, but as a multi-year option.

More than anything the staff could be looking to add another freshman guard to develop for a couple years with Hickman.

We have the roster space, so I’m not entirely against bringing in another freshman guard to develop.

I watched him vs Hickman a couple weeks ago on ESPN and Washington had 22pts 10rebounds 5assists and came back down 10+ points and won while Hickman was benched in foul trouble

Here's the issue w/ the culture Cal has built and the expectations it has created for the fan base.

EVERY TEAM HAS MULTIPLE PLAYERS FOR THE SAME SPOT. Not every kid UK recruits is expected to be the starter in year 1. Why are people acting like offering this kid necessarily means Carr won't be coming to UK? It doesn't mean that.

There are 13 scholarships for a reason. Only 5 start. Please stop acting like every kid that gets an offer who isn't a superstar recruit is expected to be one, let alone start.

Here's the issue w/ the culture Cal has built and the expectations it has created for the fan base.

EVERY TEAM HAS MULTIPLE PLAYERS FOR THE SAME SPOT. Not every kid UK recruits is expected to be the starter in year 1. Why are people acting like offering this kid necessarily means Carr won't be coming to UK? It doesn't mean that.

There are 13 scholarships for a reason. Only 5 start. Please stop acting like every kid that gets an offer who isn't a superstar recruit is expected to be one, let alone start.
Agreed, but it's not just the expectations it's created for the fan base, Seems to be the players, too.

When is the last time we actually had 13 scholarship players?

Reactions: KyCatFan
Ey3e-icWUAkHSli

I say YES go after him.
We need another ball handler could be Mintz, Carr, TyTy or someone else.
Go after them and let them know we have an opening and want you but we can not hold out and loose out on there options.
So 1st who signs gets the spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT