ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Offense Dissed By NFL Scouts

Stoops isn’t going to change anything on offense. It’s virtually been the same since he came here except for the Lynn Bowden QB year.
Little reason to be mad at Stoops for today's performance.
Hamdan had control, and it looked awful.
Only time we moved the ball is when I assume CMS got in there and ordered 11 runs in a row.

I'm not mad that Stoops won't change offense.
Disappointed he doesn't appear to know who to hire to do it right.

I agree but I do know we have had some good OCs whose hands were tied by Stoops wanting to control the clock and slow the tempo. Fact is at the end of the day, Football is essentially about lineman. On both sides of the ball. If you don’t win in the trenches your team usually sucks and we haven’t had the line for about three years now.

Only time we moved the ball is when I assume CMS got in there and ordered 11 runs in a row.

That's a huge assumption. But let's say that is true, I would be taking over if I was CMS. He's HC. Take responsibility.

Reactions: cat tat2
I agree but I do know we have had some good OCs whose hands were tied by Stoops wanting to control the clock and slow the tempo. Fact is at the end of the day, Football is essentially about lineman. On both sides of the ball. If you don’t win in the trenches your team usually sucks and we haven’t had the line for about three years now.
And Stoops brought back Wolford.....what a “great” idea :chairshot:

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
And Stoops brought back Wolford.....what a “great” idea :chairshot:

This hire is guaranteed to end poorly. You should never ever hire back s guy that left under those circumstances.

In terms of hires, pushing out scang and yenser to bring back two mercenaries who previously stabbed you in the back are both easily two of the worst decisions of stoops career.

Wolford was a bad OL coach when he was here before and also at Bama, apparently the only reason he gets hired is for his recruiting. The only constant in the Big Blue Wall was was John Schlarman, was a great guy and we’d have to catch lightning in a bottle to get someone who compares.

Wolford was a bad OL coach when he was here before and also at Bama, apparently the only reason he gets hired is for his recruiting.
Yeah, hiring a coach isn’t that good of a position coach just because he’s a good recruiter always works “greeeeaaat”. Just like T Martin was such a good WR coach for us ~ when he couldn’t solve issues with the wideouts because “he never played that position“

Reactions: bluecoon1

Little reason to be mad at the head coach who’s been here a dozen years for having one of if not the most embarrassing losses in history?

lol. That makes sense.

Did you give Calipari the same lame pass you are stoops? Head coach is always responsible for the good and the bad.

Boy, the parallels to the end of Cal's tenure are wild. NBA scouts were criticizing his offensive choices as well.

Stoops has to fix it quick or his time here is going to be over.
That performance by our offensive line last night was beyond embarrassing. A high school team blocking a NFL team would not have been any worse than what we saw out of UK last night. Considering who we were playing last night & to get man handled the way our O-Line did was worse than the Bill Curry days.

After yesterday’s showing, I’d be in favor of making Gran Co-OC but in reality he’s in control. Fans would’ve melted down but that’s probably the move Stoops should’ve made after Coen left. The Gran era was Stoops’ most successful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT