ADVERTISEMENT

Vince Marrow

You have to have a QB to get the tight end the ball and an offensive line to block for said QB to initiate the tight ends usage
Do you feel that adjustments and improvements can be made in O-line play to facilitate initiation of tight end utilization ??
I sure hope so. I think we have some good TEs, especially Jordan Dingle. Let's get them involved.

Last edited:
Do you feel that adjustments and improvements can be made in O-line play to facilitate initiation of tight end utilization ??
I sure hope so. I think we have some good TE's, especially Jordan Dingle. Let's get them involved.
No. Our O Line is going to suck all season. The only hope to win 4/5 games instead of 3 is to figure out how to scheme with this shortcoming. This O Line will get worse as the games pile up. I personally don’t think our Coordinator is suited for that necessity. But I guess you never know. I told my kid after the first half of the first game we were in serious trouble. It was pretty evident.

Reactions: megablue
I sure hope so. I think we have some good TE's, especially Jordan Dingle. Let's get them involved.
To me, no. OLine is a complete bust this year. Two games in and it's the worst I've seen in my 18 years of watching UKFB. We're not going to be able to get TEs touches because they'll be too busy helping the OL do its damn job.

I agree, but it’s not just this year. We’ve been struggling at TE for a few years now
I don't think TEs have struggled. I think they're a multi tool that can't be fully utilized because some other aspect of the offense has sucked. QB can't get them the ball because of inexperience or getting pressured, or our tackles suck, so they're helping block instead of running routes. That sort of thing.

We've had great TEs. We've just never been able to utilize them.

The OC has to utilize the TE in concepts......Kamari Anderson, Dingle and Rodriguez are really good TE prospects.

Kattus is way over blown IMO.....he's a good blocker but has the speed of an offensive lineman and got too many holding calls last year that were negative.

The OC has to utilize the TE in concepts......Kamari Anderson, Dingle and Rodriguez are really good TE prospects.

Kattus is way over blown IMO.....he's a good blocker but has the speed of an offensive lineman and got too many holding calls last year that were negative.
Didn’t Kattus miss the block on the jet sweep during the 1st series when we needed 1 yard for the first down?

Reactions: mrschwump
Didn’t Kattus miss the block on the jet sweep during the 1st series when we needed 1 yard for the first down?
Yeah...it was double TE to his side and went for 7 yard loss...

1. It was cute ass call by Bush.....just run up the middle and get the first down. But some OCs are infatuated with being cute.
2. It was bad execution by Brock....it was a zone read....the keep for QB was open (and going up field)...USC has loaded to the outside...So I don't hammer on a blocker when the defense has outside leverage and you run right into where they are at.

He not only missed the block, he totally whiffed. It was a pretty embarrassing attempt.

To outline the problem of using the TE, looked out there a couple of times in obvious passing situations and Anderson was in the backfield trying to block. Late in the game with the outcome settled Rodriguez was open.....twice and Wimsett missed him....twice.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
Yeah...it was double TE to his side and went for 7 yard loss...

1. It was cute ass call by Bush.....just run up the middle and get the first down. But some OCs are infatuated with being cute.
2. It was bad execution by Brock....it was a zone read....the keep for QB was open (and going up field)...USC has loaded to the outside...So I don't hammer on a blocker when the defense has outside leverage and you run right into where they are at.
Stoops was pretty hot on that play call during his PC, he was emphatic in his description of the play. Think Bush had a serious ass chewing.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT