ADVERTISEMENT

KENTUCKY @ MISSISSIPPI STATE Thread

I've been worried about the secondary the whole year, and coupled with MSU liking to throw the football, I didn't have a good feeling about this one. Offense sure didn't help, either.

Rogers looked like a video game out there. Just unreal 36/39 my lord

I have yet to see anything to resemble the rams on offense and that’s all they talk about with coen. Levis is not a good qb who can execute those types plays
Before the season started a former UK quarterback said that , based on the practices he’d seen , Bea Allen was the only quarterback accurate enough to run the offense the way Coen wanted. I thought he was mistaken, now I’m not so sure.

Tenn game next week going to be scary if we don’t have better effort and game plan.

With the uptempo they run, if our offense sucks still, they will beat us like a drum.

If we play 8 yards off the ball all game, they will beat us like a drum.

If the officials call this bad of a game, it may be a slaughter.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
Before the season started a former UK quarterback said that , based on the practices he’d seen , Bea Allen was the only quarterback accurate enough to run the offense the way Coen wanted. I thought he was mistaken, now I’m not so sure.

Makes you wonder

I would love to call this a hangover loss but...

Stoops, tell the guys to think about this turd and what it cost them...then focus on the rest of the season. There's still something special out there...GO GET IT!
Air Raid works great against no pass rush and soft zone
I have yet to see anything to resemble the rams on offense and that’s all they talk about with coen. Levis is not a good qb who can execute those types plays
I agree but Coen needs to come up with something the offense can handle

Reactions: sefus12
Well that was a bad loss, UT at Kentucky next week must win 🍺
Hey man . Talked to a bunch of your brethren earlier today. Five couples from Baton Rouge were at the Woodford Inn . Had some drinks with them. They had been here all week .Bourbon distillary tours , keenland every thing else . They said they’d had a ball .

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
31-7 after Q1

2i9v8i.jpg

Reactions: catswillwin
Oh well! What could have been, 3-4 teams in the top 10 lost today. But we didn’t!

I've been worried about the secondary the whole year, and coupled with MSU liking to throw the football, I didn't have a good feeling about this one. Offense sure didn't help, either.
Two of our cornerbacks cannot cover man to man . We are forced to play zone, and they are pretty bad at that . They are seniors, maybe that’s why they’re playing but man , surely we have some young guys that are better.

The only good part about this game is all of the people blaming the defense when the offense has turned the ball over 4 times makes it easier to know who to block/ignore.
Now that ain’t polite. I made an observation and now your slinging foul utterances in my direction.….lol. I will rephrase….Everyone crapped the bed tonight

Two of our cornerbacks cannot cover man to man . We are forced to play zone, and they are pretty bad at that . They are seniors, maybe that’s why they’re playing but man , surely we have some young guys that are better.
Basically we have no cover guys hence the soft zone

We need cover corners as bad as we need receivers!
Our receivers aren’t as bad as our quarterback makes them look . They aren’t great or even good, but he DOES NOT have field vision or throw the ball on time . Our cornerbacks inability to play man to man ( Mosely and Dort mainly) keep us from playing anything but zone defense. Any team with a competent quarterback will scorch us .

Reactions: The 5th quarter
Basically we have no cover guys hence the soft zone
Valentine is a sophomore and has improved and has potential but the 2 seniors ( Dort and Mosely) are pitiful. And it’s not just a lack of athletic ability. They are regularly out of position, have TERRIBLE eye discipline , and just basically play bad football. Think about this , our LINEBACKERS have more interceptions than our CORNERBACKS . I don’t think we have a pick by a cornerback all season.

Valentine is a sophomore and has improved and has potential but the 2 seniors ( Dort and Mosely) are pitiful. And it’s not just a lack of athletic ability. They are regularly out of position, have TERRIBLE eye discipline , and just basically play bad football. Think about this , our LINEBACKERS have more interceptions than our CORNERBACKS . I don’t think we have a pick by a cornerback all season.
For year our corners have not been made to look back at the ball and not face guard. Valentine was exposed today tackling in space. Not sure how much it is not getting ANY pressure on the QB or guys not taught to break on balls. I have always had a problem letting QB's just stand in the pocket with 0 pressure. You know a guy like Rogers is going to have a field day doing that and to me the best hope is getting all the licks we can on him and if he can still beat us so be it. The guy worked us over and was unscathed. And Fitzgerald exposed big time again, TN will kill us on the ground if they don't change something.

Reactions: yoshukai
Our receivers aren’t as bad as our quarterback makes them look . They aren’t great or even good, but he DOES NOT have field vision or throw the ball on time . Our cornerbacks inability to play man to man ( Mosely and Dort mainly) keep us from playing anything but zone defense. Any team with a competent quarterback will scorch us .
But his arm is strong!

Reactions: yoshukai
Not dirty. We could have got to him and got him low all night. We barely touched him
If we do that sort of crap we deserve to lose and get kicked out of the SEC as well. I'm surprised an allegedly sane person would even think of such a move, let alone recommend it on a message board.

If we do that sort of crap we deserve to lose and get kicked out of the SEC as well. I'm surprised an allegedly sane person would even think of such a move, let alone recommend it on a message board.
Oh shut up. Nobody said anything about playing dirty. But we had an opposing qb on one leg throwing 95% completions and we never touched him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT