ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky just blew out one of the best pro teams in South America

We should be one of the few teams with a realistic shot at winning the tournament. My biggest hope is that we get out of the gates fast and position ourselves for a 1 seed. It is way more important than many want to believe.

We may not even have to be better than 2017 if we take care of business and line up an easier path.

I agree

Reactions: Aike
I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at. Yes, we had more better players than UNC. Narrowly beat them, then narrowly lost. Play 10 times, probably go 5-5.

I’m not sure this UK team will be as good as either of those teams from 2017, but they might be.

We should be one of the few teams with a realistic shot at winning the tournament. My biggest hope is that we get out of the gates fast and position ourselves for a 1 seed. It is way more important than many want to believe.

We may not even have to be better than 2017 if we take care of business and line up an easier path.

This team is better than 2017 without a doubt! When you replace Willis with PJ or KJ, when you got a man sized Travis and nick Richards to replace Bam, when you have not two but 4-5 stud guards. This team is deeper and much more versatile. Better doesn’t mean better results but I believe this team is without a doubt a title contender. I never felt that way with the 2017 team bc we didn’t have a true 4, not great depth, relied on bam to get it done in the paint, lack of a true rim protector on and on and on. That 2017 team had some major deficits this team does not

Reactions: WildcatDJ
This team is better than 2017 without a doubt! When you replace Willis with PJ or KJ, when you got a man sized Travis and nick Richards to replace Bam, when you have not two but 4-5 stud guards. This team is deeper and much more versatile. Better doesn’t mean better results but I believe this team is without a doubt a title contender. I never felt that way with the 2017 team bc we didn’t have a true 4, not great depth, relied on bam to get it done in the paint, lack of a true rim protector on and on and on. That 2017 team had some major deficits this team does not

Yeah, not going to entertain this if your memory is this faulty.

Top 5 going into the tourney, best backcourt in the country, lottery pick inside, lose on buzzer beater to champs in Elite Eight. If you have no doubt, then you just aren’t being rational. I hope you’re right, of course. Very much so.

Reactions: BassProCat
We don’t lose as much when we go to the bench as in 2017. We aren’t 2014-15 deep, but we don’t have to be. We just need a 1 seed, and a decent draw. Take care of business.

We won't get a 1 seed. Gonzaga, Villanova, Kansas, and Virginia will be 1's. We maybe lucky to get a 3 seed. The UNCaa Selection Communist, I mean Committee, never gets it wrong. Might switch Puke with the Zag's if Puke goes above .500

We won't get a 1 seed. Gonzaga, Villanova, Kansas, and Virginia will be 1's. We maybe lucky to get a 3 seed. The UNCaa Selection Communist, I mean Committee, never gets it wrong. Might switch Puke with the Zag's if Puke goes above .500
3?! UK will be a one seed and play in the Louisville regional to go to the final four.

Def don’t see Villanova getting a 1, the winner of the ACC and SEC will get a 1 this year, Kansas and Nevada or Gonzaga in the West.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

Post of the night.

You can argue, since Cal has gotten here, if we aren’t a clear cut one seed, the ncaa will try and screw us

Don’t draw too many conclusions. Neither team on that floor is ready to compete. What we are gaining is experience. Valuable experience.

Reactions: Jazzycat

Top 5 going into the tourney, best backcourt in the country, lottery pick inside, lose on buzzer beater to champs in Elite Eight. If you have no doubt, then you just aren’t being rational. I hope you’re right, of course. Very much so.
This team has every opportunity to be significantly better than 17. I value your opinions but you're confusing me with this one.

Preseason top 5, multiple analysts calling us a favorite or THE favorite to win the title, strong schedule and shouldn't drop a ton of games. "Lucky to get a 3 seed" is madness. Yes competition for a 1 will be tough but a 3 is probably absolute worst case scenario. We're probably a 1 or 2.

agree with your thinking in this thread - that 2017 team by year's end was as good as anyone, and for some reason it's forgotten. Occasionally I'll read something about Cal's disappointing last 3 seasons, since 2015 - like '17 fits with '16 and '18. Curious. That turned out to be one of my favorite teams. Loved Fox.

And the responses seem to want to simply list players and compare them. If you're trying to determine which team has the most talent, in some sense, that's a fair approach. If you're trying to determine which is the better team, it's a good deal more complicated. Obvious point, I know - but unless I'm not following this right, it's being ignored......

We are world beaters now lol, all the homer are dunk ok the blue kool aid. Lol. Same old crap every year.

Going through your post history I can’t seem to find any comments of yours that are positive about our team? Only negative and only calling out other fans for being excited

Why is that? What’s the point of even being a fan?

This team has every opportunity to be significantly better than 17. I value your opinions but you're confusing me with this one.

I agree that they could be better. I disagree that it’s a foregone conclusion. I think lots of fans tend to undervalue the 2017 team.

My opinion is that this team will be a little bit better than 2017. My hope is that we are enough better early in the year to line up for a 1 seed.

Not sure we will ever see a performance this year like Monk vs. UNC or Fox vs. Ball. But we may not need it, if we win early and often.

Last edited:
agree with your thinking in this thread - that 2017 team by year's end was as good as anyone, and for some reason it's forgotten. Occasionally I'll read something about Cal's disappointing last 3 seasons, since 2015 - like '17 fits with '16 and '18. Curious. That turned out to be one of my favorite teams. Loved Fox.

And the responses seem to want to simply list players and compare them. If you're trying to determine which team has the most talent, in some sense, that's a fair approach. If you're trying to determine which is the better team, it's a good deal more complicated. Obvious point, I know - but unless I'm not following this right, it's being ignored......

I think that loss to UNC was a collective gut punch to the fan base, and an extension of the pain many have been feeling since 2015.

Watching the cheaters clip the nets only worsened the blow. Hard for many to remember any of that fondly.

Reactions: Mojocat
I didn't know South America even had pro teams. Still this is kinda like in 2015 when people were wondering if we could beat the super awful 76ers of that year. I don't think beating up on a last place team or some obscure pro team is really anything to brag about :(

I didn't know South America even had pro teams. Still this is kinda like in 2015 when people were wondering if we could beat the super awful 76ers of that year. I don't think beating up on a last place team or some obscure pro team is really anything to brag about :(

A sad face emoji ? Really? Cringy ...

It’s just excitement for a team beating a pro team full of grown ass men. Sorry that seems to upset you?

Reactions: ib4ky
Going through your post history I can’t seem to find any comments of yours that are positive about our team? Only negative and only calling out other fans for being excited

Why is that? What’s the point of even being a fan?
He/she/it isn’t a UK fan. Not even a good troll attempt.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
We are world beaters now lol, all the homer are dunk ok the blue kool aid. Lol. Same old crap every year.
Can you post in English please.
I think you called us drunk (dunk???), but after attempting to read that garbage, I think it's you that is either drunk or illiterate.

Reactions: ib4ky and lkc1234
Post of the night.

You can argue, since Cal has gotten here, if we aren’t a clear cut one seed, the ncaa will try and screw us
If we lose 5 or 6 games in arguably the toughest league I look forward to getting the Acc treatment. You know getting 2 seeds with 10 losses cuz its a tough league. UK should get the same benefit riiiggghhhtt?

Yes this team is really good what's your point. You act like we haven't been really good. We are not Louisville bub.

Please do not bash @mrbud. He is a slow adult with leaning disability. This isn't funny at all.
He/she/it called someone “dummy” in another thread. I thought that was groovy and keen. Sounds like someone who likes to go to the soda shoppe and get a malted.

A sad face emoji ? Really? Cringy ...

It’s just excitement for a team beating a pro team full of grown ass men. Sorry that seems to upset you?

Well the only thing that really "upset" me as such was getting "upset" by Wisconsin after all that hype about if we can we beat a terrible NBA team :p

I guess it'd be like asking if a lightweight champ could beat a very past their prime heavyweight fighter. Or as a real life example, Billie Jean King very much at the top of her game beating that guy (don't know his name off the top of my head) who was way past his prime in the "Battle of the Sexes".

Well the only thing that really "upset" me as such was getting "upset" by Wisconsin after all that hype about if we can we beat a terrible NBA team :p

I guess it'd be like asking if a lightweight champ could beat a very past their prime heavyweight fighter. Or as a real life example, Billie Jean King very much at the top of her game beating that guy (don't know his name off the top of my head) who was way past his prime in the "Battle of the Sexes".

Bobby something......maybe Riggs.. or Talladega Nights or something...:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT