ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky just blew out one of the best pro teams in South America

True and I think this is getting over looked a little. This was not some scrub team.

This was a legit Pro team.

Reactions: MbergCat
Wasn't one of the best. It was THE best pro team in South America. They've won 3 straight championships in the toughest division of professional basketball down there. Couple of years back, they played the Toronto Raptors, and lost by quite a few less points than they lost to UK by tonight. That's not to say that UK could beat an NBA team, I don't believe that, and I won't until I see it, but this was a damn good team that UK crushed tonight.

finalbox.jpg

Pump the brakes a little..I highly doubt that team played all their best players and these games are somewhat experimental being that they don’t mean anything.

Having said that, we are gonna be really good.

Reactions: mrbud
To be fair they were without a few players too one being their best.

Good showing though we controlled game, shot the ball really well and defended when we needed too

Wasn't one of the best. It was THE best pro team in South America. They've won 3 straight championships in the toughest division of professional basketball down there. Couple of years back, they played the Toronto Raptors, and lost by quite a few less points than they lost to UK by tonight. That's not to say that UK could beat an NBA team, I don't believe that, and I won't until I see it, but this was a damn good team that UK crushed tonight.

The team was missing a few very good players that made them the best pro team.

We’re good. REALLY good. As someone else said, maybe the best we’ve been since 2015. But the big problem (as it always is in college basketball) is that it’s single elimination in the NCAA Tournament. You still have to love our chances but we’ve been the best team many times and didn’t win it all. Hopefully this is our year. GBB.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

Three straight in Argentina not the continent.

I live in Latin America and basketball is awful here. Worst on the entire face of the earth. The Serbian team will be more of a measure as it has nba potentials. I’ve watched Argentina league basketball. It’s on often and it’s very poor to watch.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
Three straight in Argentina not the continent.

I live in Latin America and basketball is awful here. Worst on the entire face of the earth. The Serbian team will be more of a measure as it has nba potentials. I’ve watched Argentina league basketball. It’s on often and it’s very poor to watch.

If so, I have no idea why UK was +9. Free money.

Reactions: floatingyou
We'll see how it all plays out when the Ides of March hath come, but there's no doubt this is our best team since 2015,

I don’t think it’s a given that they’re better than 2017.

If so, I have no idea why UK was +9. Free money.

You think the spread for a preseason of a preseason game matters? I mean the refs aren’t trying to control out comes like happens in the NCAA

We look very good but this arg team today is mid major quality. I’m not going to get to excited until we play some regular season games and see what we look like against the duke Ku cheater etc.

Reactions: westerncat
I don’t think it’s a given that they’re better than 2017.

From top to bottom they are. 2017 probably had 1 more top end dude. It’s hard to tell right now. We will have to see how players progress. That 2017 team was a shot and some refs away from a national title.

You think the spread for a preseason of a preseason game matters? I mean the refs aren’t trying to control out comes like happens in the NCAA

We look very good but this arg team today is mid major quality. I’m not going to get to excited until we play some regular season games and see what we look like against the duke Ku cheater etc.

Mid major quality? Dumb take. It’s full of players that were stars in college. How the hell is that mid major quality?

From top to bottom they are. 2017 probably had 1 more top end dude. It’s hard to tell right now. We will have to see how players progress. That 2017 team was a shot and some refs away from a national title.

Right. This team has more depth, but 2017 arguably had 3 players better than any on this team. They were as good as anyone in the country by season’s end. This team may be too.

Reactions: Mojocat
Mid major quality? Dumb take. It’s full of players that were stars in college. How the hell is that mid major quality?

No they weren’t. There was one college guy who had a decent career at DePaul that’s about it. If you’re good and you live in Argentina it’s NBA or Europe.

Right. This team has more depth, but 2017 arguably had 3 players better than any on this team. They were as good as anyone in the country by season’s end. This team may be too.

They had more better players than UNC too. Talent, depth, and experience.

So did someone miss the thousand times both KSR and the SECN crew stated that this was half their A team and half their B team with several of the best players not making it?

But Herro is a godsend! Kid is an elite shooter...

Reactions: Wildcats1st
No they weren’t. There was one college guy who had a decent career at DePaul that’s about it. If you’re good and you live in Argentina it’s NBA or Europe.

I thought I read somewhere that they had a bunch of dudes that were good in college. Some good at mid majors of course. Those programs can have good players. I wouldn’t say this team was a mid major. Not even close.

They had more better players than UNC too. Talent, depth, and experience.

I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at. Yes, we had more better players than UNC. Narrowly beat them, then narrowly lost. Play 10 times, probably go 5-5.

I’m not sure this UK team will be as good as either of those teams from 2017, but they might be.

We should be one of the few teams with a realistic shot at winning the tournament. My biggest hope is that we get out of the gates fast and position ourselves for a 1 seed. It is way more important than many want to believe.

We may not even have to be better than 2017 if we take care of business and line up an easier path.

Reactions: Mike-D
To me this looks like it’s the deepest most well rounded team we have had. The Davis team had no depth and the Towns team and Fox
Team had no SF.

I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at. Yes, we had more better players than UNC. Narrowly beat them, then narrowly lost. Play 10 times, probably go 5-5.

I’m not sure this UK team will be as good as either of those teams from 2017, but they might be

Simple counter argument to the top end talent that we don’t match to 2017?

Reactions: Aike
Simple counter argument to the top end talent that we don’t match to 2017?

Ok sure. I see what you’re saying, just wasn’t sure why you were saying it, since I had already said this team was deeper but that one more talented at the top. So I wasn’t really arguing the point. Just discussing what made each strong.

I don’t know which team will be better. I hope this one is, obviously. This team will probably beat people the way that UNC did in 2017. But that team was also fresh off a run to the Finals.

It’s going to be interesting to watch it play out. Glad we’re getting this early group of games. Can’t stress enough how much we need a one seed, and the schedule is no picnic.

ADVERTISEMENT