ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky is at the tail end ...

Apr 1, 2013
Of an unsustainable system created by Calipari as we learn of another ridiculous transfer (Baker).
So now Calipari is flailing around with cobbling together a roster.

It reminds me of the scene in Jerry Maguire where Cuba Goodings Character said to Jerry "If I'm not mistaken, didn't we arrive in a limousine?"

Kentucky used to be the limousine....

Of an unsustainable system created by Calipari as we learn of another ridiculous transfer (Baker).

It reminds me of the scene in Jerry Maguire where Cuba Goodings Character said to Jerry "If I'm not mistaken, didn't we arrive in a limousine?"

Might want to change your user if thats how ya feel.

If we don't add one other player for next year we would have six McDonald's All-Americans. Stop your whining.

Delete your account.

And yet every year we're one of the favorites to win it all.

You're right. Being a favorite and actually having the roster to win it all are two different things.

Calipari did a masterful job the first 6 years when he was landing the best players in the class.
Now that he is struggling to get the best players like Wiseman going back four years now, something has to change.

I disagree. Jemarl can see that playing time will still be limited and decided that a starting shooting guard role at another P5 school would further his personal vision. CAL CANNOT STOP THAT...see Quade Green.

He is not "cobbling together" a team. We will have three sophomores, one junior, four freshmen and a grad transfer. If we get McDaniels and/or another transfer, this will be another potential championship team. The sky is not falling...

I disagree. Jemarl can see that playing time will still be limited and decided that a starting shooting guard role at another P5 school would further his personal vision. CAL CANNOT STOP THAT...see Quade Green.

He is not "cobbling together" a team. We will have three sophomores, one junior, four freshmen and a grad transfer. If we get McDaniels and/or another transfer, this will be another potential championship team. The sky is not falling...

Hoping you are right

If the complaint is you don't like the roster turnover, that you can't develop any sort of "relationship" with the players as a fan because they come and go so quickly, I get that.

If you're complaint has anything to do with wins or results, it's not valid.

Most wins.
Most tournament wins.
Most final fours.
Most elite eights.
Best winning percentage
Best winning percentage as a higher seed
Best winning percentage as a lower seed.

You're right. Being a favorite and actually having the roster to win it all are two different things.

Calipari did a masterful job the first 6 years when he was landing the best players in the class.
Now that he is struggling to get the best players like Wiseman going back four years now, something has to change.

Nah,
If, as it seems that some of these players are taking dough to play (Wiseman seems to be an exception but at least he did not drag out his recruitment like a certain Zion did...), I for one do not want them. You can still do things the right way and excel. In spite of your post.....Cal and UK are still excelling...

Yeah it’s Coach Cal fault that there will be be a record amount of transfers in college basketball this off-season
No, but he is responsible for UK. Yea we have a bunch of MCD AA coming in, and yea we will get to the S16 or E8. But since 2012, experienced teams are winning the NC, which is what I think we all want.

We are just as much the favorite last year as the year we won it in 2012. You're point is actually your opinion. Not fact.

Reactions: awf

why is it ridiculous?

That is the best troll
Job you can do?
Bye Felicia

We lost our ninth man. Big shit. The chances of replacing him with a better player are very high.

The only reason people care about this transfer in particular is because his mythical “shooter” label never wore off. I don’t think he ever shot 35% from 3PT in high school, AAU, or Kentucky.

We lost our ninth man. Big shit. The chances of replacing him with a better player are very high.

The only reason people care about this transfer in particular is because his mythical “shooter” label never wore off. I don’t think he ever shot 35% from 3PT in high school, AAU, or Kentucky.

100%

No, but he is responsible for UK. Yea we have a bunch of MCD AA coming in, and yea we will get to the S16 or E8. But since 2012, experienced teams are winning the NC, which is what I think we all want.
Well what I quoted was specifically talking about transfers which has been going on in college basketball forever.

I’m well aware that Cal is responsible for UK

Reactions: CatfanMike47

We would of got wiseman had Memphis not hired penny. The kid grew up with penny as his coach. Plus Memphis is home. No penny and wiseman would be at Kentucky. It’s just one of the bad luck situations

U6 needs fans like you. Go.

Reactions: awf

You mean except for 2015 Duke? And before you say they had experience on their team, then every champion ever has had experience, and next year, we will have experience. Duke rode the backs of freshmen to the title in 2015 just like UK did in 2012, and there are a lot more teams playing non freshmen players than teams trying to win it with freshmen.

If we're gonna have a chance to win another title Cal needs to sign the top 3 recruits like Krzyz.... never mind.

Reactions: JC CATS
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and fall off.....

With our current model, we will get good players. Get to a S16 or E8 most years. A FF every 5 years or so. But I cannot see UK (or any team) winning a NC with such massive turnover each year.

If you’re okay with new teams every year, this era was meant for you. I think i suffer from roster dysphasia. Some kind of neurological disorder associated with chronic roster loss.

Reactions: KingCal9

Put down the meth pipe.

I don't think he's "cobbling to put together a roster," I think this is the new and better way to put a team together .... losing 3-4 OAD.each year was not winning a title..You need experience...I'd rather have a couple of the top grad transfers each year to go with 2-3 OAD..

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and fall off.....

With our current model, we will get good players. Get to a S16 or E8 most years. A FF every 5 years or so. But I cannot see UK (or any team) winning a NC with such massive turnover each year.

Calipari has gone to 4 Final Fours in 10 years. I'm not great in math, but that seems to be more than, 'every 5 years or so.'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT