ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky beat a 1, a 2 and two 4s…

Something else to consider, this team tended to play better away from home. Road wins at Auburn and Tennessee and a neutral site win against UNC.

I remember that Jamba walker team that made a run win a bunch of neutral site and road games early and they attributed that to tournament success

What seed is UNC Wilmington?
Exactly and it’s funny people want to use the excuse of players out…. It doesn’t matter players out you still don’t lose to a team like UNC Wilmington when you’re UK. These are the constant excuses the Calipari brigade make for him!

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
I’ve been a Kentucky fan since I was a young kid in 1966. I was disappointed that year when the Cats lost in the Final. And out of about 58 years since, all but four have ended in a loss. Always a little disappointed.

Luckily so much good stuff in my life I can keep disappointment over a game in perspective, and still find the resilience to be generally excited about Kentucky basketball.
It’s easy to keep my life and Kentucky basketball separate. I really don’t have a problem understanding that. Was really just talking about being disappointed with the program or it’s direction/current standing? Not just a loss. That’s obvious. No worries. All good.

How bizarre to be fixated on a December 2 game in which four Kentucky players were out. Since then the Cats have beaten North Carolina on a neutral court and Tennessee, Auburn, Florida and Mississippi State on the road.

But stay miserable. You’ll never be disappointed.
Lost to LSU, Florida and A&M recently, but just keep your head in the sand.

How bizarre to be fixated on a December 2 game in which four Kentucky players were out. Since then the Cats have beaten North Carolina on a neutral court and Tennessee, Auburn, Florida and Mississippi State on the road.

But stay miserable. You’ll never be disappointed.
Always hopeful. Not blind though.

Alright. What seed is LSU?
I just don't get it man, you guys need to point out the negative in absolutely everything. God forbid people here are excited for the tournament. Do you think Arizona fans are saying stupid shit like "Well what seed is Oregon St.? What seed is USC? You're a moron for being excited about this team."

Can't we just have a single week to try to be excited for the best sporting event in the country? We're only one game removed from handling a 2 seed quite easily on their own home floor.

Blindly ignoring clear problems because you don’t want to face reality isn’t better, it’s a lot worse.
Okay and what exactly is a fan supposed to do about these clear problems? Call up Cal and tell him out he's really supposed to be coaching? Being excited and optimistic as a fan has zero affect on the outcome of the games. I'd rather be happy and excited for a little while then constantly pointing out the negatives.

Okay and what exactly is a fan supposed to do about these clear problems? Call up Cal and tell him out he's really supposed to be coaching? Being excited and optimistic as a fan has zero affect on the outcome of the games. I'd rather be happy and excited for a little while then constantly pointing out the negatives.
Blindly ignoring the problems, is setting yourself as a fan up to be let down. That comment of “ what are fans suppose to do” always makes me laugh. You can be optimistic but not acknowledging the clear issues is setting yourself up to be let down

UCONN is everybody's #1 and the odds-on favorite to win the championship and they lost by 15 to Seton Hall. So, what seed is Seton Hall?

We have three times as many losses as UConn. We also have about twice the talent, and a coach who is in the hall of fame.

So why will I be surprised if we make it to the second weekend?

92e0a8d50e833193fda60224b6b09245.gif

I’m fine with being excited and risking disappointment. Always struck me as a better approach than being miserable and staying miserable.
Tempering expectations is not being miserable. Keep patting yourself on the back though as if you are some type of super fan.

We have three times as many losses as UConn. We also have about twice the talent, and a coach who is in the hall of fame.

So why will I be surprised if we make it to the second weekend?

92e0a8d50e833193fda60224b6b09245.gif

UConn has something we don't. They have a lot of experience. I said it years ago and I will say it again: It takes both experience and talent to win the championship. A junior Reed Shepard would never throw some of the passes that he has thrown this year. A senior Ugo and a senior Thiero would both be able to finish around the rim a lot better than they do now, etc.

When Cal first arrived and we had tons of talent but very little experience, I was concerned. But, the hypsters were screaming all it takes to win is talent. The question I have this year is this: Do we have enough EXPERIENCE to win? The season is over. Our players gained experience. Do they have enough?? We will find out soon enough.

OP is not a UK fan, I’m pretty sure he’s been a master troll for a long time. I don’t know anyone in Lexington, work or otherwise, who acts this way. I’ve never met a U.K. fan that’s okay with that’s happening to this program. But OP is all cool with the fall, that’s not how U.K. fans roll.

I think he’s been a troll for years, probably a Louisville fan or close. Something just isn’t right with a U.K. fan who claims what he claims I’m sorry. Maybe he’s the first one I’ve ever seen that enjoys losing and a coach who doesn’t put Kentucky in the best chance to win it, but I just have my doubts.

The only people I personally know who want Calipari at Kentucky to remain are Tennessee and Louisville fans. I don’t know one Kentucky fan who does. So OP lines up more with a rival fan than a UK fan and that’s a fact.

OP is not a UK fan, I’m pretty sure he’s been a master troll for a long time. I don’t know anyone in Lexington, work or otherwise, who acts this way. I’ve never met a U.K. fan that’s okay with that’s happening to this program. But OP is all cool with the fall, that’s not how U.K. fans roll.

I think he’s been a troll for years, probably a Louisville fan or close. Something just isn’t right with a U.K. fan who claims what he claims I’m sorry. Maybe he’s the first one I’ve ever seen that enjoys losing and a coach who doesn’t put Kentucky in the best chance to win it, but I just have my doubts.

The only people I personally know who want Calipari at Kentucky to remain are Tennessee and Louisville fans. I don’t know one Kentucky fan who does. So OP lines up more with a rival fan than a UK fan and that’s a fact.

LOL You joined two weeks ago! BTW, UK fans will jump on the bandwagon. If we go down early, the fans will scream and cry for change. If we win it all, the fans will start screaming, "We're back baby!"

Just notice how many different coaches have been the prime choice by this board to replace Cal in the past several seasons. Musselman was one of the top choices but has now fallen down significantly due to a bad season. We love the flavor of the month.

LOL You joined two weeks ago! BTW, UK fans will jump on the bandwagon. If we go down early, the fans will scream and cry for change. If we win it all, the fans will start screaming, "We're back baby!"

Just notice how many different coaches have been the prime choice by this board to replace Cal in the past several seasons. Musselman was one of the top choices but has now fallen down significantly due to a bad season. We love the flavor of the month.

Nope. I go back to Wildcatchat. And sorry but no they won’t. I don’t know anyone in Lexington who claims they want him to stay. Literally everyone at games, work, friends, family, all of them want him out (for sure my experience) . I know one person on campus that likes him and he’s in an administrative role.

They’re not going back unless he wins huge and many of them say even then no.

It’s only on this board that I can find a few here and there that want him to hang around. And that’s not even many.

OP is always okay if we lose and does nothing but want the guy losing to hang around. That’s not the way U.K. fans roll.

I’d be willing to bet the few that have backed Calipari this long don’t even live in Kentucky probably down in Florida to be honest (probably didn’t go to UK in any fashion either). Old, rich, and don’t really care. Can’t blame them honestly. Hell when you’re rich or well off / old you don’t care about anything except your dogs so.

Last edited:
Nope. I go back to Wildcatchat. And sorry but no they won’t. I don’t know anyone in Lexington who claims they want him to stay. Literally everyone at games, work, friends, family, all of them want him out (for sure my experience) . I know one person on campus that likes him and he’s administrative role.

They’re not going back unless he wins huge and many of them say even then no.

It’s only on this board that I can find a few here and there then want him to hang around. And that’s not even many.

OP is always okay if we lose and does nothing but want the guy losing to hang around. That’s not the way U.K. fans roll.

I’d be willing to bet the few that have backed Calipari this long don’t even live in Kentucky probably down in Florida to be honest (probably didn’t go to UK in any fashion either). Old, rich, and don’t really care. Can’t blame them honestly. Hell when you’re rich or well off you don’t care about anything so.

Your true colors are shining bright! ☀️

Cal used to be a bloviating asshat, but we were winning so nobody cared.

The contract enabled him to be a bloviating asshat and not even have to win.

Cal’s laziness was enabled by Mitch’s cowardice. If we don’t make the FF, they both need to go.

Reactions: Jeff2Reed
This team is tested and has some of the better wins of anyone.

Also, no more SEC refs.

The UT-MSU and UK-TAM were called to get two more teams locked into the tournament. SEC had 4 million reasons to do it $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Big 12 refs do scare me because of their relationships with the Roofer Pooper, but what can you do.

We get up for big games, and there are only 6 more big games left. Cal's attitude towards the SEC tournament (it didn't matter at all) plus us getting Pooled all game long led to a let down Friday night. They'll be locked in for the next 6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT